Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Silgrad Glassmine [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I have an entire quest built around clearing the mine of the evil evil nasty undead things that suddenly started killing. But rest assured that after ur done, the mine will be safe for all! If i can figure out how to force NPC animations i can have actual miners mining. heh if i can figure out scripting i can have YOU mining
Well I think that the npc's can use the pickax. But then again I'm not really sure.
Oh the pickaxe is not the problem. Of course the bethesda pickaxe is more of a farming tool, and it is not wieldable, but a few hours with nifskope and blender fixed that. I have a pickaxe, and the npcs can use it, i just don't know how to script rocks to open after being bashed a few times.

The only problem with NPC animations is that i don't know anything about them. What i need to do is tell them to power attack the rocks from like 6-10 every day. Any ideas?
Yeah, the thing that would be really kewl would be a living economy. But thats getting ahead. It would be kewl to see miner's acually mining, in a game since of course.
A truely living economy is something that exists so far only in dreams. Maybe if we integrated one of the many crafting mods into ours? Or we could build our own... But mining's good enough for me right now.

Also, did the velothi bury their dead? or did they cremate them. Cause i don't see any type of casket or otherwise, but i do see ashpits.
I believe that they cremated them. The ashpits in morrowind sometimes had bones in them and I don't remember seeing little if any coffins around. lol Cyrodiil, on the other hand, is full of em.
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
A truely living economy is something that exists so far only in dreams. Maybe if we integrated one of the many crafting mods into ours? Or we could build our own... But mining's good enough for me right now.

Also, did the velothi bury their dead? or did they cremate them. Cause I don't see any type of casket or otherwise, but I do see ashpits.

I don't know if this will help, but if you look at the scripting that was done on the MCA Mod for mining, you might get some ideas for that.

Velothi Tombs are all over, these are family tombs or shrines which are waiting doors to Oblivion. Ashes of course typically means creamation. but not always some skeletal remains are thier, also their is Necrom were the corpses are ritualistically prepared for afterlife and placed in catacombs, and The Ghostfence were the dead are brought and their spiirits are used to strengthen the fence (of course the latter no longer applies)

Enjoy
Bob
heh sounds like the velothi did various random things with their dead. thanks anyways, i guess just about anything works

what is the MCA mining mod? and what functions did it have? (lockbash-type mining, npc mining, other random stuff) i'll try to look for it, but i am currently using the wii's opera browser, and it's kinda slow.
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
heh sounds like the velothi did various random things with their dead. thanks anyways, I guess just about anything works

what is the MCA mining mod? and what functions did it have? (lockbash-type mining, npc mining, other random stuff) i'll try to look for it, but I am currently using the wii's opera browser, and it's kinda slow.

Yes they did !

The mod didn't do anything as in depth you want for your mod, i simply allowed the player to remove ore from certain rocks, youhad to have the pickaxe equipped, but it did not allow bashing

More my reference pertains to the use of ores, yuo could take your ore to merchants and sell them also you could take your ore and have it crafted into a weapon or armor, but I thinkthat was another add on for MCA can't recall the name of it

Enjoy
Bob
ok then. The merchant thing shouldn't be hard at all. Probably just something as simple as adding an extra dialogue option, checking the contents of the PC's inventory, and removing X number of glass ores, and prehaps a small labor fee

Also, i already gots it scripted so that you can only access the rock if u've got pick. Now i just need additional mining-tastic actions!

Ahh i just remembered, once the next internal update comes along, i'll be able to use Razorwing's glass rocks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12