Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Silgrad Glassmine [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Hopefully once the post- V2 clamor dies down, someone'll tell me what to do with this. Almost a shame i couldn't have gotten this in a month earlier so it could have been in this release.
What I think will happen is that sandor will review your work before long, and if it gets greenlit then he'll find a spot on the landmass, add an entrance, and set up the door teleportation. This is the first time an exterior claim is submitted so we don't really have any guidelines to how the process will work yet, but that's the best guess I can make.

How come you made it an .exe? You just need to create a folder, add the esp, and then add subfolders to it that matches the folder structure the new assets will have, and then zip it all up into a .7z archive. =)
Well i have no idea how zipping things works really, WinRar has some complicated auto-extract mechanism, and i figured .7z would be the same. Next time i'll remember to use subfolders and the like. What do you mean by .exe? All i did was create a .7z archive with the glassmine esp in it, and add the necessary files manually...

The important thing is that everything works i guess. Glad to be pioneering the dungeon claims! Hope it all gets sorted out.

Another question, is there a list of silgrad assets anywhere? Cause i'm afraid half the assets created for this will slip through the cracks. Things like the mine carts, your glassrocks, the entire mining system, my pickaxes. I'm not sure if other miners will realize they exist, making mines very inconsistant. Of course i could just claim every mine in silgrad, but that's impractical.

Last note, for some reason the glass crystals on your first model (one with lots of glass) are slightly transparent. Not sure if this was intended, but it's different than the others.
One last thing- The mines are slightly pissed off at the new ESM. The glassrocks are all in there 2x now, which is kind of weird, and i'm going to have to edit every place they appear ingame now, which luckily shouldn't take long. Also some objects are missing from a couple of references. Aside from not knowing exactly what that means, it's slightly worrysome.

This also brings up another point- the same thing will happen with anything i put into another mine. Once a new ESM is loaded that has the minerails in it, my nordmine will yell at me, because i've already put minerails into it, and they will be automatically renamed "RailstraightDuplicate000" ect. I'm not sure what will happen to scripts, which worries me. The other option to stop this from happening is to merge my nordmine with the glassmines, so that they don't get uploaded separately

I'll correct the minor things for the glassmines ESP so that it gets along well with V2, and once the current ESP's been checked, i'll revise anything and stick it on filefront.
PM the esp (original, not altered compared to the v2.0) or post a link and I'll check it.
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
ok, uploaded it to filefront http://files.filefront.com/StSeGlassmini...einfo.html

Never actually used filefront before (had nothing to upload before) So tell me if it works. Ahh yes, and I have no idea how to make a .7z archive self-extracting, so read the readme carefully!

There's the link for the original ESP, not altered to fit v2.0 As the quote says, at the time i didn't know to recreate the folder substructure, so all the files will have to be placed in their locations manually. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I am almost ready (fixing the esp). Please send me the dds files for the minecart, rails etc.
After that I'll upload the files. Smile
For the mine set, all the textures were straight outta OB or ST. Maybe NIF files was the meaning?

Later,
Steve
Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
For the mine set, all the textures were straight outta OB or ST. Maybe NIF files was the meaning?

Later,
Steve
I have the NIF's.
Which DDS files are missing? I tried to stay very vanilla with the texes, only using the ones I could find in either OB vanilla or ST 1.70.

Later,
Steve
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12