Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Morag Tong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Ahh yes, guildmaster/grandmaster. Forgot about that a bit... In that case, I think the lowly title of Guildmaster for Silgrad Area is the best you can get. The one thing I DON'T want to do is intrude on Vvardenfell's territory, or introduce lore rifts.

I agree. So at this point we have Exalted Master as the highest rank obtainable

Also, I thought we might have the HQ in Silgrad instead? Silgrad's the bigger city anyways, so it makes sense to start off doing quests in the lower level guildhall, and then working your way up to the big city.

Silgrad would be the logical choice, I think having the Headquarters in Soluthis
was a dicission that was made a while ago (not sure)
I will bring it up in the Core Discussion and see what the result are

I'm not sure at all how Steadhelm works... but I could probably rope a small guildhall there. Anything in blacklight is beyond my domain, as it's a separate ESM. It is also in the alpha stage, so we won't be able to do much up there for a while.

I see you posted a request for Ebbedin and Steadhelm I am confident the TID and Sandor will consider it as far as Blacklight goes I will discuss it with Rodan, shouldn't be a problem

Outposts in the larger villages makes sense

Agreed, Lets take this as needed, we can always add later

I may rework the main quest plot a bit to be more centered in Silgrad, if you think we should have the main guildhall there

Hold until we discuss in core

As for the errand-boy stuff, I think it will work, though dialogue is much different from Morrowind I think. So item storage, item retrieval, potion fetching, scroll fetching, what about weapons repair?

yes weapons and armour repair as well, thanks for the reminder

Thinking about it, it SHOULD be possible, I can already think of how the storage system could work, but i'm not sure when i'll have the time to work on it.

I think a good idea would be to have Errand boys as an addition, after the framework for the Morag Tong is mostly done.

Again, this is something we can work on and add in when ready

:goodjob:

[Edit] I've posted a plea on the Steadhelm boards. Ebbedin looks pretty full too, but you want me to try to get us an outpost of some type?

This is comeing together nicely Smile

Enjoy
Bob
All in all, i'd say the Morag Tong is progressing along very smoothly so far. The work output has been at a steady pace, so i'll probably be able to keep it up.

We'll see what quests do to the equation eh? Houses were easy, but next i have some AI and Dialogue to set up. After that's done i have a quest do do. And then another guildhall.

So yeah, if you could see what the core thinks it'd be great. Best to decide the important things before you have to mod them.

There are only a few problems with blacklight in my mind.
1) No offense to Rodan or anything, but it's in Alpha 0.2 stage. There is nothing to claim or mod as far as i've seen
2) While i'd love to wait and see the mod unfold, and eventually claim a guildhall for the Morag Tong, if i wanted to include it in the Silgrad Tower MT questline, i'd have to wait for a long time and halt progression on just about everything
3) ESMs do not play nicely. They are very very argumentative, and i'd have to have the Morag Tong in an ESP dependant on both Blacklight and ST

I may have misunderstood you though, if you meant that we'll have a separate Morag Tong in blacklight, which is NOT connected to the Silgrad Morag Tong, i'd be willing to do that once all the assets are in place, and once i'm done with the Morag Tong here. I'll definitely watch the progression of blacklight though
I would do increments of 5 and starting from 30 and it would end with 75 so you need a quite powerful character when you become the grandmaster. Off course a high level will be required here, unless lvl 1 chars can become the grandmaster.
Hmm well i was thinking of doing incriments of 5, but it just seemed too high. If you have the mad skillz to get through the quests and everything with attributes as 60, i won't stop you. Of course because there are requirements, the quests will not scale below a certain level. So if you're lvl 50, they'll scale up to you, but if you are lvl 5, and trying to do a rank 5 quest, all i can say is good luck.
Increments of 5 might be a bit much,

I would say 2 or 3 max

As far as the GuildHouses go

Steadhelm= Yes

Ebbedin= No ( but other options might be available) OK, option other= we will get one citizen living in Ebbedin who will have affiliation with the Tong that we may use in related questing.

Blacklight= Yes (if we decide to do that) I agree with your concern as noted
I would plan it without blacklight, but keep the options open for additions later Smile

Silgrad as Headquarters = Still in work

Enjoy
Bob
One citizen living in ebbedin is what i was thinking by "outpost". maybe he could defect or something, and you have to go convince him to rejoin the tong/kill him Confusedhrug: always good to keep our options open.

Prehaps i could just make him an expendable that gets killed for a writ in ebbedin? Doesn't have to be anything large really, it's just better to ask for something now than to steal an existing house/npc/ect

Thanks for asking the core, i saw steadhelm
Oops

I forgot to mention something a bit important (just in case)

If we move the headquarters to Silgrad you'll need to redo the interior cause it would most likely be Hlaalu.... I'd check with Sandor before the redo as he may have included a Redoran District in Silgrad, their was no such district in ES3

Bob
Re-do interior of what? You mean the Soluthis guildhall?

I'd just make another one if that's what you mean. Have guildhall in both Soluthis and Silgrad. The one in Silgrad will just be the Headquarters, maybe have more NPCs, have more sleeping space, better and more trainers, shops, ect.

Changing head to Silgrad won't really change much because i've kind of marked Soluthis as the lower level guildhall in my mind already.

I'm just waiting on Sanpicture to review the final interior, and then it's on to coordinating the NPCs, setting up shops, trainers, ect. I'm very very anxious to get this started, especially now that i have 2 moniters!
Well I just meant that you might need to make another with Hlaalu interior
Confusedhrug:

Glad were not to far into the progress or are we Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob
Not far into progress at all. Nothing's been scripted, dialogued, quested, ect. Everything can be changed, except for the fact that a guildhall EXISTS in soluthis.

I'm just fine with making a Hlaalu interior, it's no trouble at all (that i hadn't planned)

Any updates on the deliberations in the core? Is there anything left to decide, what's been decided already, ect.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17