Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Morag Tong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Yes we would if we wanted them, just something to consider

Vagabond's stuff has always been good so I would say yes, unless our modellers are working on or want to make weapons.

I would ask if anyone had time to do some first before we bring in others

Enjoy
Bob
True enough, as nice as Vagabond's Katanas are, having our own special morag tong weapons would be better.

Hmm, the concept picture that VABG's been working off of has unique MT blades in it as well. I wonder if you could somehow make those into a gauntlet and have them use hand to hand?

Thing is that i don't want to wait, but i could always add them in later i guess Confusedhrug:

The daedric will be there as a placeholder then, and once better weapons are made i'll replace them
Well

I know how ya feel about waiting, seems like new projects tend to do that, its all fire when it starts off but when you start getting into the details things tend to slow down (its saddening) Smile

I like the concept art itself but it no were comes close to my idea of an assasin outfit. Though in the Morag Tong it really makes no difference since their an accepted guild and though most assasins would not want to bring attention to themselves, in this case it just don't matter !

The Daedric doesnt necessarily need to be a place holder, but we could use them as special weapons like the Black Hands Dagger

Enjoy
Bob
Well every low level quest is going through this guy, so he's gotta be at least done in some manner. I can worry about his personal armory later i guess.

I know what you mean about projects slowing down and then stopping, but i promise i'll see this through to completion.

Say, what times of day should the guild operate? I'm setting up the AI and sleeping packages, and it occurs to me that night would be a good time to operate. They're legal, but you don't want everything out in the daylight.

So should we have normal hours of operation (about 7 am - 10 pm) or night operation ( 5 pm - 8 am)?
I'm for night opperations.
Anyone opposed to night ops? Or anyone have any alternative suggestions? If not, then night ops it is!

Also, excuse me for not playing morrowind, but can anyone tell me the ranks of the Morag Tong? And could anyone tell me also what skills and attributes are required to get those ranks? No lvl2 guildmasters y'all, we're going oldschool morrowind.
he Night Time is the Right Time (thats a song Big Grin)
With the tong it doesn't matter but I say yes lets do the dirty deeds in the darkness with a day op thrown in here and there.

Will we have the Grandmaster rank available ?

If so we need to make this and extremely difficult acomplishment to obtain

Also I think we should have some rank specific rewards

like at rank 6 we get a house of our own (like the House Factions Did)
and rank 7 maybe the player can get a Thrall or 2 as errand boy/girl maybe
even as a sidekick
then rank 8 and 9 will also get something nice

whatcha think?

ranks attribute and skills requirements

1. Associate
2. Blind Thrall
Speed 30 Agility 30 One skill at 10
3. Thrall
Speed 30 Agility 30 One skill at 20
4. White Thrall
Speed 30 Agility 30 One skill at 30 and two at 5
5. Tinker
Speed 30 Agility 30 One skill at 40 and two at 10
6. Brother
Speed 31 Agility 31 One skill at 50 and two at 15
7. Knower
Speed 32 Agility 32 One skill at 60 and two at 20
8. Master
Speed 33 Agility 33 One skill at 70 and two at 25
9. Exalted Master
Speed 34 Agility 34 One skill at 80 and two at 30
10. Grandmaster
Speed 35 Agility 35 One skill at 90 and two at 35

ENJOY
Bob
Thanks. I think we should raise the required speed and agility though. It seems awful low, considering that the lowest value you can start with for an attribute is 30, and you can raise + 5 attribute in 1 level, unlike morrowind.

So how about for
3. 33 speed/33 agility
4. 33/33
5. 36/36
6. 36/36
7. 39/39
8. 42/42
9. 45/45
10. 48/48

I dunno, still seems low to me... with a bosmer under the thief, you can get speed/agility of 50 right at the start i think.

maybe incriments of 4 then?
3. 34
4. 38
5. 42
6. 46
7. 50
8. 54
9. 58
10. 62

That seems better to me, cause it ensures you've at least leveled up SOME. One thing though.... Grandmaster should be same stats as previous, so that there's no bump in the questline. You advance to grandmaster very suddenly (he's assassinated), and i don't want to force a player to level up some right in the middle of the questline, because he can't advance to GM.

so
9. 60
10. 60

About the house, when you reach grandmaster you inherit the guildmaster's house, so that's covered.

having an errand-boy is an interesting idea, but i'm not sure what exactly they'd do? Act as walking storage chests for your adventures possibly... It might be difficult to do, but it was a good idea, keep thinking, and maybe we'll find an idea that's both nifty and practical.

how about for rank 6 you can take assassination orders directly from the customer? You can also take slightly illegal writs, but only if you deny that the morag tong had any involvement, and try not to get caught.
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Thanks. I think we should raise the required speed and agility though. It seems awful low, considering that the lowest value you can start with for an attribute is 30, and you can raise + 5 attribute in 1 level, unlike Morrowind.

So how about for
3. 33 speed/33 agility
4. 33/33
5. 36/36
6. 36/36
7. 39/39
8. 42/42
9. 45/45
10. 48/48

I dunno, still seems low to me... with a bosmer under the thief, you can get speed/agility of 50 right at the start I think.

maybe incriments of 4 then?
3. 34
4. 38
5. 42
6. 46
7. 50
8. 54
9. 58
10. 62

That seems better to me, cause it ensures you've at least leveled up SOME. One thing though.... Grandmaster should be same stats as previous, so that there's no bump in the questline. You advance to grandmaster very suddenly (he's assassinated), and I don't want to force a player to level up some right in the middle of the questline, because he can't advance to GM.

so
9. 60
10. 60

About the house, when you reach grandmaster you inherit the guildmaster's house, so that's covered.

having an errand-boy is an interesting idea, but i'm not sure what exactly they'd do? Act as walking storage chests for your adventures possibly... It might be difficult to do, but it was a good idea, keep thinking, and maybe we'll find an idea that's both nifty and practical.

how about for rank 6 you can take assassination orders directly from the customer? You can also take slightly illegal writs, but only if you deny that the morag tong had any involvement, and try not to get caught.
The stats are good by me

As far as the Errand boys their are scripts to write which will give these house keeper/errand boy/do everything the ability to take and store you items in the appropriete places, fetch potions, scrolls, food and all other sort of things for you.
I know at least in MW it works that way I am confident we can do this in OB

Guildmaster and Grandmaster I agree with the guildmaster thing and becomeing the new one rather quickly (due to the death of the previous) but Grandmaster is different. The Grandmaster is/was Eno Hlaalu and he was either killed or released by the Nerevarine or he could still be in charge, this is why having our player take over as GrandMaster is difficult to determine, it something that needs some serious thought if we want this Title available

ALSO

Have we decided wheather or not we are going to have other guild houses in the other towns?
I think we should
We know Soluthis will be the Headquarters and we should have a guildhall in Steadhelm, Silgrad, Blacklight and outposts in Ebbiden, Cormaris View and any other village and I think that once the main portion of the TOng Quest begins, we should have all the remaining (not killed) members from the other Charters to meet in the Soluthis Secret Meeting place (TBD)

does that sound reasonable?

Enjoy
Bob
Ahh yes, guildmaster/grandmaster. Forgot about that a bit... In that case, i think the lowly title of Guildmaster for Silgrad Area is the best you can get. The one thing i DON'T want to do is intrude on Vvardenfell's territory, or introduce lore rifts.

Also, i thought we might have the HQ in Silgrad instead? Silgrad's the bigger city anyways, so it makes sense to start off doing quests in the lower level guildhall, and then working your way up to the big city.

I'm not sure at all how Steadhelm works... but i could probably rope a small guildhall there. Anything in blacklight is beyond my domain, as it's a separate ESM. It is also in the alpha stage, so we won't be able to do much up there for a while.

Outposts in the larger villages makes sense

I may rework the main quest plot a bit to be more centered in Silgrad, if you think we should have the main guildhall there

As for the errand-boy stuff, i think it will work, though dialogue is much different from morrowind i think. So item storage, item retrieval, potion fetching, scroll fetching, what about weapons repair?

Thinking about it, it SHOULD be possible, i can already think of how the storage system could work, but i'm not sure when i'll have the time to work on it.

I think a good idea would be to have Errand boys as an addition, after the framework for the Morag Tong is mostly done.

[Edit] I've posted a plea on the Steadhelm boards. Ebbedin looks pretty full too, but you want me to try to get us an outpost of some type?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17