Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Morag Tong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Alright, Soluthis is finally DONE! AI, Dialogue, living spaces for 6 NPCs, plus a guildhall, all done. So does that mean i get to start on the quests now? Of course not silly! I've got to do the Silgrad guildhall first! That means another 6 or so NPCs, more AI, some more houses, stuff. Any questions or ideas, don't be afraid to post. This place has been inactive, cause there's not much to discuss, and Dialogue and AI aren't quite exciting.
I talk to myself too sometimes Smile

This is good news, but yes their is still more to do.

:goodjob:

Enjoy
Bob
Well it's always nice to see updates anyways.
Alright then, well i'm just beginning on the interior/exterior for the silgrad guildhall, so here's a question:

Should i base the morag tong guildhall off the models for the balmora mages/fighters guilds? It'd be pretty easy, and it doesn't have to be exact. Or should i go off and do something completely different?
Well the Morag Tong Guild houses were kinda lame, if any I like the one in Sadrith Mora the best, it had more of a mysterious look to it

Surprise us Smile

Enjoy
Bob
Hmm... how do you make hlaalu architecture mysterious... I've got something right now, but it's not particularly exciting, really just a moderately sized regular old hlaalu building. Any ideas? Should it stand out? or be barely noticable. I could make a nice tower, or something very small that sprawls out underground instead.
I would like the thing underground instead of a tower...

and for the mysterious thing, I think that lighting is the best way if you can't find anything else to do...Like the guild hall in Sadrith Mora who had nice red lighting, looked really good even if the things in there didn't, if you see what I mean.
ahh what i meant by mysterious was how to make the exterior look mysterious. the Hlaalu tileset is for squares (and rectangles) which aren't too exciting, and even with something more flexible, i can't figure out how to make the exterior look very inconspicious but also cool...

The morag tong isn't allowed to distort reality is it? Cause a door going straight into the ground would be pretty cool. Or if anyone can think of a simple test to get in, or at least some way to make it hard. Like how the MT in Vvardenfell ran.
just shroud the outside with plants and trees maybe? or have a constant fog around the building? There could be a riddle (that changes everytime you get it wrong) that you have to answer at the door.

Edd
OK, well i'm shipping off to summer camp for a week, so no work will be done till i get out of the forest and back to my computer. Please, feel free to brainstorm ideas. It's hard to make a mysterious, inconspicious building with the hlaalu set (it's a great set by the way, once you get used to it).

Though maybe it'll look more hidden once we place it in the city. If you want to hide a tree, use a forest.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17