Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Morag Tong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
I think the few woman assassins to make it in the Morag Tong should carry the rank of sister. I know there are some women in there... Didn't a female khajiit murder one of the emperors?

Adding the new title is fine by me, but can the game system determine gender in that way
Yup! that's why i asked, in the rank creation for factions it asks for both a male and female rank name. I assume that wasn't present in morrowind? Well it's rediculously easy in oblivion. The hard part is going to be rank requirements, which aren't built in, and will have to be scripted.
Very Good then

I don't know why it couldn't be done in MW as well I never considered it Confusedhrug:

So the only change then will be to Rank 6 "Brother"

will now be

Brother=Male
Sister=Female

:goodjob:

Enjoy
Bob
Also of interest

If you haven't seen it yet

New Sword

I like this weapon, it could be a nice weapon for MT assasins of higher level
what ya think?

Enjoy
Bob
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing

? Do you have any really cool ideas for honorable writs that can be carried out in the city? Really cool in the sense they aren't just 'kill that guy', not that a few of those wouldn't be fun too.

? How do we highlight the difference between Morag Tong and the Dark Brotherhood?

? Any other ideas come to mind?

Yes my brethren, killing is like the ocean. The water is there all the time, how can you tell where you are while at sea? What distinguishes what from what? The stars do, and just as the seafarers use the stars as guides, so also must we use political intrigue, personal interest, and historical waysides come within the stories portrayed to give credence and reason and value to each and every death.

Who does the locksmith care about the most, and what is the reaction his family takes when they find out he's dead. Those two boys of his will seek vengeance, and with a planned script, in anywhere between 600-800 ingame days, you may find your character at ends with some very young, dedicated and talented warriors. And perhaps after they yield to thy characters power, you decide not to kill them with their revenge strike, but lead and train them.

Why does the bookkeeper stay every night late searching for clues long forgotten by many of the scholars and teachers? Once a secret is discovered, a controversy is at ends! Yet it is the assassin that discovers the facts, and he judges if the truth be told or supressed.

Who leads the young into battle so early? The old men! And what way to stop pointless feuds! The mother who is concerned for her child cries out for mercy, but after repeated pleas they are vehemently ignored! Thus, when a rally is sent forth, and mothers coincide, who do they send on this trivalent but privilege of a mission?

The priesthood has always kept themselves clean in the sight of all men. But when a commoner who watches everyday the corruption, and aspires for righteousness in place of an evil and slothful seer, who does he seek to do the bidding which is beyond his place by a namesake?

A interesting guardian is always a preference for a young prince or heir to a house, especially a snobby and debaucherous one. Thus, when the noble seeks a clear path for his son, he needs those who are reliable. But how far will you go obeying this child's demands, or where does the line draw between order issuing, the respect of the father to the son?

Even the nords need a good stealthy character once in awhile! Sure, they can hack and slash all they want, but the fact of the matter is, sometimes that bosmer in town is alert due to his greed. Perhaps his envy for a higher place in the town council will allow the player to undo his deeds.

And we all know of the crusader who's dying wish was to eliminate the one who did him in. As a matter of pure honor alone, the man who hears his words may continue his legacy through vengeance on those responsible.

That crusader who always goes to the whore bar goes to get his fix every night. The hard working layman of the church knows for certain of it, and while he comes to the church every night flaunting his victories, he grows weary of his presence and envious of his position. He arranges the preclusion to the factors involved, and lays down his life to the priesthood, and showing valor and truth in diction and speech, he awaits one last task to be completed before the need for another crusader rises. The death of a crusader.

A noble, venerable man has seen better days in his rule with the class. Though he has a strive to be honest in most things concerning the city, there were times he had to compromise for his stay on the council. His near death wish, is to have those who corrupt the government of the city to be eliminated.

A funeral for a most respected, and short-lived mage is interrupted by the causeat of his death. His very uncanonical rival makes his presence known through a well planned necromancy spell casted on the contents of the coffin. Along with this, a group of skeletons and a lich make sure that the attendants get the best out of their time. The family, enraged, seeks a solution to the problem.

Even the most feared of barbarians have their problems. A love interest is usurped by a husband who's appreciation for a mate does not exceed a plate of food. He seeks a way to get the woman of his dreams

An aristrocrat brings new and rather unappealing ways into the law of the house. Knowing that he is familiar in power and execution such that of the imperials, the mother of the house seeks a way to suspend, or perhaps completely annul imperial influence.
Some of those are a bit cryptic, but they're all amazing... That's like a backstory for 11 writs, and all can be made very interesting indeed. Excellent work indeed.

Would you like to elaborate on some of those ideas, and lay out how the writ would progress? We set up a writ thread a while back i believe, and if you want to expand those (or i daresay do a quest draft) then that's the place to put them.

Can't wait to put these ingame!
Ok, well i had been optimistic that i could get AI and dialogue done this weekend, but i've run into an old problem. Any interior in the ESM that i modify with my ESP gets screwed up. All the walls dissappear, all the items, everything except the new things that i placed or modified dissappears.

Unfortunately, i can't set up the AI without modifying some of the guildhall. x markers need to be placed, and merchant chests have to be set up.

Is there any way to get around this problem? I belive the last time i ran into it was while doing the glassmine, but the solution there (unmerge everything) isn't a very good one in this instance. BUT, if it's the only way, i do have all of the ESPs, it would just be very, very inconvenient.

Plus, how am i going to do writs if this happens? Will the same problem occurr if i try to add dialogue to a Morag Tong NPC?

Someone please help, i can't do anything without solving this. (consequently that's why i double posted, you can't see that something has been edited from the front page)
Ok, this is a small impatient bump. I've got a 4 day weekend for memorial day, which means i should be able to do a lot of modding. but i can't, because i can't work on the AI.

Anyone who knows exactly why this happens, and any ways to fix it, please post. The guy i'm really looking for is Sandor, cause he seems to be in charge of the ESP-merging. He's been on today, just hasn't seen this. Lets hope he pops his head in here and knows what to do
If you have an urgent modding problem, please send a PM.---> Prompt response.

Add the AI packages, markers etc. (you can't playtest).
I'll merge the file to the esm, after that (I'll send the link) you can playtest the AI etc.

Unmerging is not an option.
Ahh wow i forgot about PMs... that's what happens when i don't get enough sleep. Sorry about that.

Alright i'll add everything. Only thing i really need to test is if the merchants work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17