Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: SHRAC08 "Steadhelm Region Area Claim" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Well, unless for some reason the CS looks at the Oblivion.esm during start, I would say its most likely the CS. Out of curiousity, what have you tried to fix that shutdown problem? My initial thoughts are motherboard, hard drive, power supply, and memory, in that order as far as hardware goes. Does it just shut down? Or does it do the reboot thing?
Quote:Originally posted by ShadowDancer
Well, unless for some reason the CS looks at the Oblivion.esm during start
I just learned within the last half-hour that it must do exactly that. I frakked up OB.ESM (with backup) testing TES4Gecko, and after that, the CS would hang at the "Initializing FaceGen..." point. Took me 20 minutes to think of subbing my backup ESM back in. Sad

Steve
Which leads to the next question, does it just look at the OB.esm or does it look at any .esm file that exists? I know that a corrupt .esp file should show in the list and not cause an issue until loading it, but I haven't ever messed up another .esm file.
My guess (nada más) is that it must just look at OB.ESM for header info because of the perceived loading time and the fact that a few objects show up at start, but certainly not the whole OB.ESM catalog.

Steve
Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
My guess (nada más) is that it must just look at OB.ESM for header info because of the perceived loading time and the fact that a few objects show up at start, but certainly not the whole OB.ESM catalog.

Steve

I pretty much agree with that. However it is something to consider if the OB.esm file and a reinstallation of the CS doesn't work to fix the issue. I would probably start with a copy of the OB.esm first though. I googled the problem and they said that it could be a corrupt OB.esm file as well.
I don't want to screw up anyone's system but if anyone thinks it's safe to give the latest .esp a try then it would be nice to know. I'll have to try reinstalling the CS tomorrow (it's too late here for that now). Could someone give this a quick check just to see if it runs?

http://files.filefront.com/SHRAC08+Sixth...einfo.html

One thing I noticed about this download is that it's size is much lower than the previous postings, although this could be some fault with the upload itself as the unzipped file comes out with an appropriate memory count...dunno what's going on there...I wonder if this thing is related to the contamination issue...that's worrying... :eek:
Well, I tried to load it into my CS and got the Zlib error. So it looks like the .esp file is corrupted. Whether or not that is recoverable is a different story. My admittedly older version of TES4Gecko says "Group WRLD is incomplete".
:mchm:

If anyone can salvage this I would make a little shrine to them in their honour because this represents the loss of the all of the most boring work I've had to do for this claim i.e. re-positioning all the bloody rocks! Any ideas, people?
Sorry man. I took a look at it under the debugger with Gecko and a hex editor; it does not look good. The reason why the file looks about the same size, but is so much smaller compressed? Over 90% of the file is now a bunch of zeroes. :bash: I'm afraid this one is toast.

I found this setting in the CS a while back; go under File -> Prefences -> Misc and then check the Auto Save box with a decent interval. Smile It won't help now, but maybe in the future. BTW the CS is dumb in that you'll have to create the Backup directory in Data yourself. Silly program!

Sorry,
Steve
:bash: Gah!

Many thanks to both of you for checking this out for me. I've had the chance to load up the CS with an earlier copy and the program itself seems to be working okay now with no problems. I loaded up my previous saved version and realised that the damage isn't quite so bad as I expected....it's just a 3 or 4 hour workload. Still, that's a pain in the ass and I'm not sure what else I added during that time. Ach, back to grinding away....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12