Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: SHRAC08 "Steadhelm Region Area Claim" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
IB, I am starting to understand that what I am referring to and what you are wanting to know/do are different. I thought one of the things you wanted was to know where the object was in the cell or adjacent to other cells. The large square purple lines are the cells. Like I said previously, someone would be along and Sandor has Smile.
Progress Report

Landscaping & Height Editing - All done unless I come across errors or oddities.
Terrain Texturing - All done, I think. Just checking now.
Main features - x2 Moldcaves, x1 Velothi Ruin, x1 Fort Ruin and maybe another if needed.
Flora - NS Grid reference -5 to -2 complete with extensive fern scattering along with Hackle-lo, Bungler's Bane/Hypher Facia, Slough Fern, Violet Coprinus and so on. Correcting flying objects and blocky textures along the way. Moving on to axis -1 now.
Enemies & Pathgridding - Nothing done.
Vertex Shading - Nothing done.

As regards the texturing, I couldn't figure out that dark film from the first pic but, miraculously, I managed to overcome it tonight. I still haven't a clue how though, but this time it allowed me to change cells rather than only allowing me exclusive rights to some and then stopping short at various boundaries. Another totally random fault! I still don't like the 'pressing i' option, though and those purple lines (they look blue to me) move with my perspective so I can't see how they could be the cells...ah well, never mind. I'll check my texturing on the play-through. I've had a virus recently so that may have affected the functions on my PC. I dunno.

Next steps: More flora additions, Vertex shading the enemies and pathgridding. Here's the latest .esp: http://files.filefront.com/SHRAC08+Third...einfo.html

Edit - Plenty of flying objects and clumsy re-texturing errors to correct yet but it's looking a lot more solid now. However, despite suddenly being allowed to move between cells and correct textures, that dark film is still there!!!
Quote: I still don't like the 'pressing i' option, though and those purple lines (they look blue to me) move with my perspective so I can't see how they could be the cells...ah well, never mind.
Do trust the lines. I only use them in a top view and I can understand why it may look different at angles. When I am scaping close to borders it is perfect and I trust them completely.
The 'dark film' is related to the LOD (not updated) because you lowered the land a lot and the LOD mesh (bsa) doesn't reflect that.

Please post a link for the latest version of the esp.
You can't work on your claim until the file has been merged.

I'll send you the link for the fixed version.
My internet went down last evening so I couldn't edit my previous post.

Nice work IG (I attached a screenshot). Smile

If you want to see the cell borders just press 'B' (screenshot).

Make sure that the branches from a tree don't bleed into the ground (steep areas).
Bad news! The fault that I've been experiencing (my PC sounding like low-flying aircraft) was not my fan but my graphics driver. This means I'll be out of action for quite some time until I can get a replacement on the cheap but my father works for an office supplies company so he reckons he can get it sorted. It'll take a while, though.

This could help to explain the bizarre-o contamination problem, however.

Anyway, thanks for the screenshot! Even with my graphics driver installed, I generally don't see the grass because it just drags down the FPS too much but that looks nice!

Also, a big thank you for the pressing 'B' option. That's definitely going to help.

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
Make sure that the branches from a tree don't bleed into the ground (steep areas).

That's difficult! I like having trees on slopes. That's why I was especially keen to get some trees that lean to the side. A low-lying, sprawling swamp tree would look fantastic and really help the development of this area, I think. I think I'll wait to see if anyone comes up with anything like that before I delete the ones with bleeding branches and then I can do a swift replacement. Thinking ahead then, any ideas on how I can locate the 'bleeding trees' quickly?

It's a great pity I've been stopped in my tracks because I was storming ahead and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I even had ideas for another region claim. Ah well, it gives me a chance to work on real-life stuff for a change. Here's the latest .esp in the hope you can sort out my contamination issue, anyhow: http://files.filefront.com/SHRAC08+Fourt...einfo.html

Bear in mind that I've added a lot of ferns to the wooded areas up to x co-ordinate 0 but I've got an issue with one of the types (I think it's #2 - see screenshot 1) and the addition of moss overhanging parts of one of the moldcave entrances (see screenshot 2). However, I think this is just my own personal ST setup and I'm fine to continue as it is. SACarrow sorted out my Shack texture problem but I still have the distant land error covering the land in my version, although again that doesn't interfere with modding.

Other stuff: the waterfall moldcave is now complete (see screenshot 3). Those snow gum trees with hanging foliage, new spiderwebs, rotting log and the moth (possibly to be replaced by a dragonfly) make for a really nice rotten effect! And btw, I hid the switch for the boarded up fort at the base of the Molag Bal statue (see screenshot 4) with ferns.
Sounds like your in a box. I hate it for you. I do have some cards laying about if you are interested. I could send you one on the cheap. Not sure how we could make this work though. I have a triplex Xabre and an Nvidia 6600 that I don't use. They will definately not run the game well, but may get you through the CS ok, I will give more info on the cards if needed to check them out. If you are interested and have any ideas on how to make it work PM or post me Smile.
That's a very generous offer, Zurke. Thank you! :goodjob:

However, I don't want to waste your time and money. At least, not without due cause Big Grin . So I'll check back and see how long a new graphics card may take. Then I'll post an update of the situation.
NP IB. If it does turn out you are interested, the Nvidia 6600 is the better by far.

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
That's a very generous offer, Zurke. Thank you! :goodjob:

However, I don't want to waste your time and money. At least, not without due cause Big Grin . So I'll check back and see how long a new graphics card may take. Then I'll post an update of the situation.
Just thought I'd let you know I'm in the market for a decent graphics card. I'm hoping to get a Gainward Bliss if possible. That should help me to run Oblivion with full grass and water effects.

Sadly, however, I'm going to be busy now. I just landed myself a new job for next week and it will take me up right into next term. So it looks like my productive period has ended for now. Nonetheless, I'll be happy to get back to work on this soon.

Thanks again Zurke, but by the time you've sent the 6600 it probably wouldn't be long before my new card arrives and I need this time to prepare for work.

Great to see the forums so lively at the moment :banana:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12