Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: SHRAC08 "Steadhelm Region Area Claim" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I'm really struggling to get the hang of this. Re-loading the esp seems to take a lifetime and the quads don't seem to match up to my reckoning of which one is which i.e. if I click on 53, -3 then which cell is Quad 1, 2, 3 & 4? Is it behind or in front? But if I'm pressing 'C' to face North then I can't see the textures in front or behind. Then when I try to reverse any errors, the undo function doesn't seem to obey. When I use the replace function, then I lose all of the original texture, which I don't want. Furthermore, I'm quite badly colour-blind with browns and greens to begin with so recognising everything takes a long time. God, this is fiddly! :poorme:

Edit - This is bizarre! I just deleted the sandmossrocks texture using the quads. Nothing showed up on the render window but it was missing in the quads. So I quit the quads then when I went back into the quads, the textures were back....? Wtf?

Second Edit - Now the sandmossrocks texture won't delete at all and the quads I seem to be deleting textures from seem to be miles away from where I selected. I give up with this texturing thing....
Since my new computer has a crappier vidcard, I get the mipmap problem too. Sad Here on FileFront are the new shack texes with mipmaps. For now, if you put these in Data/textures/ST, these will override the ones in the BSA. I'll also PM RW so that these will get into the next BSA release.

HTH,
Steve
Quote:if I click on 53, -3 then which cell is Quad 1, 2, 3 & 4? Is it behind or in front? But if I'm pressing 'C' to face North then I can't see the textures in front or behind.

I am not sure I am understanding what issues you are having so if I explain this and it differs from the problems you are having then obviously I did not understand. Anyway if you select an object in the render window, you will notice that the coordinates that object is in will be displayed on the top left of the render window. Next with a top view of that object you can select 'w' and that will enable the wireframe, which then you can see the cells outlined and where that object is in that cell and in relation to the surounding cells, you will have to scroll or pan out to get a wider view of the landscape. I hope this helped. If not I am sure someone has a solution for you Smile.
Got 'em :goodjob:
Can anyone tell me why it is that this area here absolutely refuses to have it's borderline erased despite my fiddling with the textures AND the Vertex shading?

@Zurke - With reference to pics 2 and 3, I have selected a rock in one of the regions and gone into height view, pressed i, gone into wireframe and still no banana. What am I looking for exactly?
Please check this thread.

EDIT
You can't use "I" before selecting a texture in the target cell.
Open the LE and right-click on any texture in that cell, then press "I".
That's useful, Sandor. I didn't realise that but I've still managed to change the textures and shading in that first pic and it hasn't done any good at all. There's still this dark film over the border and it continues right the way along the axis of the map.

Thanks for the help with my edited post... :goodjob:
Check my edit. Smile
Nope. The wireframe mode still doesn't tell me which of the quads is the area I'm editing ?(
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Nope. The wireframe mode still doesn't tell me which of the quads is the area I'm editing ?(
If you want to know which texture you're editing open the LE, use right-click on a texture in that cell, recheck the LE and you'll see the selected texture.

The 'I' feature is only designed to delete or replace a texture.

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
...which cell is Quad 1, 2, 3 & 4
The four quads (using 'I') are in the same cell, check the tech info section of this thread.

EDIT

If you want to see the cell borders press 'B".
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12