Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: SHRAC08 "Steadhelm Region Area Claim" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
That shack texture looks like it could be a mip map issue. Try changing your texture setting higher or lower to see if the problem still persists.

The other problem looks like a distant land problem, I've encountered it without any mods. Sometimes Oblivion seems not to load up cells properly so you get the distant land up close. Does it happen every time you go there, or only once?
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
In order to maintain the swampiness, I strongly suggest a lowering of nearby areas if at all possible.
A claim holder may change the height manually, it's not possible to use the HM editor because it's very inefficient. The size of the esm would explode.

That's why I added the flat area (just below the sea level) before the coast, it has to be transformed into a swamp.

In the meantime, here's a preview with errors. The first shot is what I saw first of all: SACarrow's great-looking shack with some lovely LOD of Latrys. However, the texture for the Shack up-close (pic2) seems corrupted or something. Need I worry about this?
It's a known issue (not for every graphics card).
@nick_op: I'm not really concentrating on the shack texture at the moment but I'll check that out very soon nonetheless. The distant land error has happened every time I visited that location in-game (which isn't much, however).

I started on the swamp but, after wanting to create a bit of a 'Fort Grief' out in the middle of it, I realised I hadn't a clue what I was doing or what one of these things is supposed to look like. Do you have any screenies of possible or desirable combinations of the parts of this tileset so that I can get some idea of what others have done? At the moment, the inside is see-through.
For the shack texture: In your in-game Video options, try setting your texture size to 'Large' and restarting the game (as nick_op suggested). I've had that problem before and that seemed to fix it.

As for the problem being a mip-map issue, I'm pretty sure it's at least part of the problem. I posted more here a while back. You might not be able to see it if you're not an ST Modder. It could also have something to do with the video card.
Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
For the shack texture: In your in-game Video options, try setting your texture size to 'Large' and restarting the game (as nick_op suggested). I've had that problem before and that seemed to fix it.

As for the problem being a mip-map issue, I'm pretty sure it's at least part of the problem. I posted more here a while back. You might not be able to see it if you're not an ST Modder. It could also have something to do with the video card.
What I think would happen if the ingame texture size setting is raised is that the corrupted area will show up, but it will be from further away, but will use the 'proper' texture up close.

I think it could probably be fixed by resaving the texture and regenerating the mip maps while doing so.
I'll go through the shack textures and regen those w/o mipmaps. I produced the end products (based on Stilgar's work) very early on, so I had even less of a clue than I do now. Smile I think I tried once before, but the GIMP tends not to generate mipmaps back to an existing file without them. Tongue

Steve
Thanks Steve!

Whilst I'm here, does anyone know if it's possible to set up a switch amongst some outside ruins I'm building so that it operates the door to my Fort? I'm trying but I keep losing the red target cursor so I'm guessing that doing it so far away presents problems.

Btw, anyone know the location of standard camp clutter including wheel-barrows, wooden platforms and the like? I found some interesting stuff I could use in the Static-Leyawin folder (like the deck) but I could do with more.

Oh, and I've gotten rid of the top of that tower and gone for a standard Fort set elsewhere.

Sadly, my facecount is rising. Is it essential that I keep up below 150,000 because I'm over that already and trying to trim stuff down?

Sadly, my facecount is rising. Is it essential that I keep up below 150,000 because I'm over that already and trying to trim stuff down?
I don't mind if you exceed the facecount for one cell but try to keep it below 200000.
In the heart of my swamplands the general facecount lies between 150000 and 200000 but I'm really struggling with keeping down the facecount for the Fort and still keeping what I wanted to do with it. In some areas it's up to 260000 and that's without adding a first floor!
...but I'm really struggling with keeping down the facecount for the Fort and still keeping what I wanted to do with it. In some areas it's up to 260000 and that's without adding a first floor!
After selecting the whole cell make sure you go to the ground level (mouse wheel) and recheck the facecount.

As I said before I don't mind if one cell exceeds the limit (even over 260000) but I have to see it in-game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12