Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: SHRAC08 "Steadhelm Region Area Claim" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Okay, that makes sense. I'll check the ground level. In the meantime, I don't think I'll have as much time on my hands as I have lately for a while so I'll update what I've got so far in case you wanted to check it out. The notable features are a rope bridge to the west (right hand side) of the shack which leads to a Velothi ruin on top of a hill and a moldcave entrance around the side tucked into the rock of a cliff face.

The latest stuff are the swamp islands and the Fort Ruin towards the South East. I think I'll get back to more texturing next followed by the addition of some of the flora you requested e.g. Bungler's Bane etc. Another moldcave will make an appearance somewhere but I haven't decided where yet.

Btw, there is a switch inside the ruins 'where scholars learn the way through the study of the fall of Molag Bal' (wink wink). I'm going to reduce it's size but I want it to be the exclusive means of operating the Fort gates rather than it being openable by hand. There are plenty of flying objects and realignments to sort out yet though.

Edit - Btw, what is the facecount exactly? I had assumed it had something to do with the number of faces on polygonal shapes in the render window. I've started to delete objects along the fringes whilst adding the requested flora. I'm down close to the ground whilst monitoring the facecount but nothing I do seems to be doing much difference, resulting in quite barren-looking areas. I find myself deleting a LOT of rocks but without getting down anywhere near to 150000 and that's in the fringe areas!

Second Edit - Progress Report -
Landscaping & Height Editing - Mostly done except Northern areas and fine-tuning.
Terrain Texturing - Eastern hinterlands 50% complete.
Main features - x1 Moldcave (another one or two to come), x1 Velothi Ruin, x1 Fort Ruin.
Flora - NS Grid reference -5 complete. Correcting flying objects and blocky textures along the way.
Enemies & Pathgridding - Nothing done.
Vertex Shading - Nothing done.
I'm going to have to make this fairly quick as I think my PC is dying on me. It's making some horrific 'low-flying-aircraft' noises and it's ready to go belly-up, I think. Anyway, I'm uploading my most recent version of the .esp and there are a few things that I need help with:

a) I've noticed that I have somehow altered other cells than my own and think this is probably to do with group selecting objects in the render window and then somehow selecting other objects that seem to be miles away. Please tell me it's possible to isolate only the cells I have altered and make sure only those make it into the final thing.

b) Could you check out my waterfalls (see pics 1-3)? These follow the same path down to the main swamplands from the northern region but I've noticed that I'm unable to get the separate parts to match up perfectly. Snap gridding doesn't seem to do the trick. For the large waterfall, you can see that I've matched them up by simply copying the vertical ones above and dragging them down carefully so there's no seam. What do you think?

c) Still on the waterfalls, is there a way of making the big waterfall more complete as opposed to having four separate streams?

d) I've ended the waterfall at the top by putting in a sewer outlet where the grid references cross over into the next claim (see pic4). The claimant can then delete it or do something else with it as they see fit. Is this okay?

e) I'm still thinking about where to put the next moldcave. I would have liked to have tried inserting an entrance in the cliff wall where the waterfall is gushing down but it doesn't look right. Any chance of merging one of the moldcave models with the cliff face model I used here? Otherwise, I was planning on using my moldcave at the top sitting on the pool where the first and largest waterfall begins. If anyone gets the time to take this edit for a spin, could you let me know what you think, please?

Here's the latest .esp...... http://files.filefront.com/SHRAC08+Secon...einfo.html

Progress Report

Landscaping & Height Editing - Mostly done except fine-tuning.
Terrain Texturing - Eastern hinterlands 50% complete. Other areas remain relatively untouched.
Main features - x1 Moldcave (another one or two to come), x1 Velothi Ruin, x1 Fort Ruin.
Flora - NS Grid reference -5 to -4 complete. Correcting flying objects and blocky textures along the way.
Enemies & Pathgridding - Nothing done.
Vertex Shading - Nothing done.
Thanks for the updates. Smile

I'll reply to your questions/remarks via PM (tomorrow).
Btw, does this:

# Add one Hackle-lo to every tenth cell.
# Add one StFloraBiCoVioletCoprinus01 to every sixth cell.

mean that:
a) there should be ten Hackle-lo to each cell, or
b) there should be one Hackle-lo for every ten cells?
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost

Correct.
Quote:Originally posted by sandor
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost

Correct.

Boy, am I stupid! I thought it didn't look right.
Okay, having cocked this up a bit, I've looked at how I can decorate other areas in keeping with the swampy theme and wrote down a selection of possible items that I could use:

Static - Landscape -
Dead Vines (for the Fort Ruin area)
Ivy (for the Fort itself)
PineMoss (rotten log; used in various places)
Oak Moss (same as above)
Firefly / Moth (or Dragonfly if nick_op is willing and able to undertake this task; used near the Shack or the main locations)

Static - ST - Flora -
Moss (waterfall and quarry areas)
Vines (for the Fort Ruin area mainly)
Parasol fungi (wet areas; that means anywhere)

Obviously, I'll check my facecount as I go but having deleted a lot of rocks to make way for too much Hackle-lo, I can work on improving some of the Southern cells. Mostly, though, I will concentrate on replacing the Hackle-lo with StStaticFloraBCFern from the Static-ST-Flora selection using the 'search-replace' function

Opinions, shouts of "God, no!", suggestions and so on are much valued. =)
I sent the PM.
Irritating! I've been putting off texturing and vertexing because I knew I'd struggle but now I'm just baffled. I can't figure out what these lines are across the landscape and how to get rid of them. I'd tried going over them with re-texturing and vertexing but nothing seems to help.

I'm sort of aware that perhaps you have to select the cell in order to make changes to it. As you can see, this one is 53, -3. But that's making it extremely difficult to re-texture over the edges.

Any ideas, people?
Did you try the removal & re-applying the texture as in the OP? I know 'cause that's my island as the example. Smile

Steve
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12