Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Murkwood Concept art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Morsyth, a vine-bridge would be great, even if its just a rope bridge retuxtured to vines and wood.

I am failing at textures so far. Need add ons and stuff for Rhino3D to do anything...

With this model being so huge, what do you have to de to fit loads of 2048x2048 textures or lower into it? Can you normally tile textures as i cant seem to?

I need to leave the textures for now and carry on modelling... Smile
I use Blender, so I can't help you with Rhino.

With blender you can use the same UV map for different parts of the model. like with the croc helm, the teeth all use the same one part of the UV map.

This bridge won't look like a rope bridge. It'll be very unique.
I've started on two different styles of bridge, I plan on making 3 variations of the 2 styles.
First is the stick bridge, which has flat stick and bark flooring with vines on the side.
[Image: s_bridge.jpg]

Second is the vine hammock bridge which is pretty much a massive hammock that you can walk on.
[Image: h_bridge.jpg]

The 3 variations are;
a full bridge (as seen in the stick bridge pic).
a half bridge (hammock bridge pic) so you can hang it from above and continue the bridge.
and the 3rd I'll try to make a section that creates a Y intersection for the bridges.

These are only concept renders I'm aware the stick bridge texture looks like wallpaper.
Are there any other styles or variations that I've missed?
Quote:Originally posted by Rickious
Buster, tweak those bridges! I have seen them they are perfect fro Murkwood. Also I think texture the so they look a little more worn, a bit of algae and moss growing on them etc. Dark brown vines instead of rope too.

yeah i have actually finished my silgrad tower claim but i havn't updated my post and i have textured it nicely. I dont mind if i contribute but Morsyth is doing a good job on this so...yeah keep going. :goodjob:
Morsyth, i have downloaded blender and may import my models into that for texturing.

I really like that hammock, think it looks perfect. If you can do 2-3 variations on this. Something like these...
[Image: a1c05105.jpg]

The first one will look great im sure. You are probably going to do this but, solid vine across the top of the sides and an 'alpha channel' /\/\/\/\/\/\/ weaving across the sides. I dont think this bit need to be solid, an texture with alpha channel may do and will help the overall frame rate etc.

I will post some structurally sound suspension bridge designs etc on here for reference shortly...
Oh nice guys,awesome!!!! :bananarock:
Buster and Morsyth.. any anyone else who may ever model a bridge. These are all structurally sound architecturally and in a real life simulation. I can do many more of these in varying styles. Just looks better if they are real, sound structures and the angles of suspension bridge cable etc etc...

[Image: fd76e840.jpg]
[Image: b7bbd026.jpg]
[Image: 914b2b36.jpg]
[Image: debdffaa.jpg]
these are all my designs and can be as elaborate as you like. If there is a design in particular you would like let me know and i will simulate it and give you larger images from different angles etc.
you did all those?
Yea but dont get too excited, its a bridge simulator, you design it based on certain conditions, budget, materials, usage etc and then test it to see if its strong enough. Cant export these or anything.. at least i doubt it. Its really to replicate for structurally sound models for us. I will have a look in the programs files and see if i can rip the models out. That would be great...
ohh right, its mainly resides in the library in the formate of mtl's or obj's
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20