Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Murkwood Concept art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
no, they are files specific to this program. I will have a go at finding the makers and asking them at some point but for now i will continue my tree! Smile
I've seen a picture like the first bridge before, it was an indonesian one, but to look at you wonder how it stood up. It really looked more like a birds nest.
Hi all, got carried away and added a little detail for practice...

[Image: 67714527.jpg]
[Image: cffcbb38.jpg]
[Image: d03cee19.jpg]

I dont like any of the textures, im just gonna keep going. Mainly for practice. I can remove any platforms, houses etc to be textured and exported for CS separate or leave all this together? what do you reckon?
:pop: that is awesome
Quote:Originally posted by Rickious

I dont like any of the textures, I'm just gonna keep going. Mainly for practice. I can remove any platforms, houses etc to be textured and exported for CS separate or leave all this together? what do you reckon?

If I was less reserved, I'd cry... Big Grin

This is downright AMAZING! Murkwood is going to be where I spend all my time in-game. Though I still dont understand how you plan to make shops, houses, and such with that tiny tree.
Ofc the textures can be better but hell yeah that looks good. Those textures looked like inside a cave, but keep going, I'm sure that I will see just the perfect textures for Murkwood in next weeks( or days, I dunno)
Quote:Originally posted by Rickious

I dont like any of the textures, I'm just gonna keep going. Mainly for practice. I can remove any platforms, houses etc to be textured and exported for CS separate or leave all this together? what do you reckon?

OMG!Its ammmazing O.o! :goodjob:
Hi all, I will make the centre tree about 1/3rd taller thats all it needs. I will put a few houses etc on in next few days so you can see what i mean! Big Grin

Texture wise, i seem to spend literally hours trying to sort the textures when i could be just getting some serious amount of modelling done. So i am just doing v.basic textures for now while i do a lot more model detail.

Scale wise, the tree isnt too tiny, look at that 1.8m skeleton on the jetti! And did anyone notice sharks in the water?

GLAD YOU ALL LIKE IT!

UPDATE:
[Image: 46825730.jpg]
That's looking really good!
For the textures you migh want to try cutting the wall into six pieces so that when you're on one side of the city the other side of the city can use a low poly mesh. Also your texture is only used for the one sixth of the wall so it'll look more detailed.

We'll do the buildings, vines, bridges separately.
Are we suspending the bridges and houses from branches of this central tree?, or run large vines from the center tree to the outer tree and hange stuff off that? or both!

I'll make some large high tension woven vine models.
woah, thats really good Big Grin the design is really imaginative and beautiful in its relative simplicity.

for textures, i suggest you map the tree to tile and do a nice, high rez texture (1024, 2048 even maybe, depending on number of tiles and size of tree). the dock could use a bit less "obvious" a texture, its rather splotchy currently, which somewhat detracts from the thing as a whole (makes you stare at individual parts while making it all flow together).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20