Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Murkwood Concept art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
I've never seen anything like those buttress roots before, that's amazing!
No wonder I couldn't comprehend what you were after!

I can still put together something if you like, will probably be easier than what I was doing before..
Dude, that's awesome. realy nice.
Awesome work :bananarock:
glad you all like, trying to figure out texture mapping etc now... X( I can model quite quick for simple things, but gonna have to spend a few hours figuring out other bits too.

Morsyth, yea like i say, easier to model then explain sometimes. I will carry on with this if thats ok. Althogh it would be good if you could work on rope bridges, platforms, jetties, woven homes, things like than. Think we can CS it all together afterwards?

SO!

Have we decided if this will be placed inside a valley sunken in a pool of mist?
The centre tree is currently 190metres high 170 metres wide.
Quote:Originally posted by Rickious
rope bridges, platforms, jetties, woven homes, things like than. Think we can CS it all together afterwards?

ahh rope bridges, ive dont that for silgrad tower!! illtry to make it different and ill probably contibute it to this project
Buster, tweak those bridges! I have seen them they are perfect fro Murkwood. Also I think texture the so they look a little more worn, a bit of algae and moss growing on them etc. Dark brown vines instead of rope too.
Right i have figured out basic textures although still need to texture map but it can wait or be passed on to others for that part. a skeleton for scale although its about 1.6m

I also scaled the tree down by half, its now 80metres high which is more realistic. This means the recess in the ground would really need to be about 80m so that the mist links this model to the canopy and the canopy is just a little higher than the regular trees.

Next step im gonna split the tree into 12 for texture purposes so i can get it hi res on close ups.

[Image: 92d64d2b.jpg]
Holy crap this makes me excited for Murkwood!
HAHAAAA, glad you like it, just leave me with the creative freedom and this is the kind of thing that will happen! Trying to get the res on the texture much higher now.
I think you asked a while back about texture sizes, the maximum texture size for oblivion is 2048x2048. Although it's only used on the bigger models.

I have already started on a rope bridge, but it's much like anything you'd see in Cyrodiil.
I'll make a special vine bridge for this. Got just the thing in mind.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20