Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Silgrad Glassmine [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Claimed and finished by Seniosh
Floorplans:
[indent][/indent]1. Silgrad Glassmine
[indent][/indent]2. Dimmed Path, Upper (alt. angle)
[indent][/indent]3. Dimmed Path, Lower
[indent][/indent]4. Forgotten Shafts
[indent][/indent]5. Natural Cavern
[indent][/indent]6. Submerged Cavern

The floorplans are neither decrees nor suggestions. They are merely intended to give you an impression of how the location used to be, and maybe inspiration here and there. In the old layout, the first section of the mine leads to 'Dimmed Path, Upper', which in turn leads to either 'Submerged Cavern' or 'Dimmed Path, Lower'. Both of those sections lead to 'Forgotten Shafts', from which one can enter 'Natural Cavern'.

Descriptive shots:
#1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11

The Imperially owned and operated glassmine is located in the twisting mountain valleys of the Velothi Mountains east and slightly to the south of Silgrad Tower (the city). The exact location of the entrance to the glassmine will be decided and set up by sandor, so you don't have to worry about hooking it up to the landmass in the main worldspace. It's a huge, sprawling location and a major source of income for the Empire.

It was constructed using the 'moldcave' tileset, which sadly lacks a proper counterpart in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. To recreate this location you would have to rely on the usual cave tileset from the game, though if you yourself want to pursue the recreation of the 'moldcave' tileset you'll have our full support to do so.

Apart from the base tileset the glassmine had all the usual characteristics of a mine, such as wooden support beams, ladders, cart rails, and similar things that came with the game. You don't have to follow the old detailing to the letter, as you should detail it at your discretion to look like a mine should with the assets from the Oblivion engine. One thing you do need to use that isn't made available by the game is rocks bearing glass ore. Rocks like that are being modelled as we speak.

To the best of my knowledge there was no quest or particular background story tied to the location, nor was there all that much for the player to do there. A solid quest idea could be to rob the mine's stash of glass ore.

Apart from the miners there should be three or four guards from the Imperial Legion guarding the location. Glass is expensive in itself and a very valuable commodity for the Empire. Don't forget to set up sleeping arrangements (beds) and basic living necessities (food and drink) for the workers.
Do we even have the pieces necessary to make this?
Quote:Originally posted by Steinaech
Do we even have the pieces necessary to make this?

If it's made with stock assets then yes.
So we don't actually have cave pieces then... or the train thingy or any of that.
My knowledge of what is and isn't in TES4 is limited at times. Thanks to the Civ4 exporter I could bring in new models from the get-go, and since we're in a sense a total conversation mod I just never got around to exploring everything in the CS.

So I/we need to make glass gemrocks and cart rails. Is anything else mine-related missing from TES4 that were there in TES3?
You'll also want egg sacks for kwama eggs when you start making kwama egg mines.
Theres the whole scrib, kwama worker/warrior and queens to think about later too.

That is a nice modeling project in its self. tbh the kwama in MW were alittle slackin. I think I'd shoot somewhere between the concept art and the actual models that made it in game.
Yes the kwama would be nice to see brought back eventually. That's not something I can do myself, but I should have no trouble making the other things. The only thing hindering me from getting to work on them is the fear they won't be used, and seeing how underused my other assets are, that's a valid concern... so, someone claim first and then we can iron out the details of what the claimer feels need modelling. Smile
A very nicely done mine !

As I recall their are no NPC's in the mine, not even miners, with exception of 1 dead Dunmer Warrior found at the very bottom of the Forgotten Shaft.

Why would a Warrior be in an seemingly abandoned mine? maybe some questline can be worked on around that

Smile

Enjoy
Bob
I wouldn't want it to be abandoned though. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12