Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: CLAIM: Black Marsh Scripts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
BlackMarsh Scripts

This thread will list all currently needed and in-progress scripts, all ideas are welcome and should be added in list format below.
  • Quicksand - we have a basic quicksand model and I was hoping to have some sort of object (kind of like a killbox) beneath it that slows the player down and gradually allows them to fall so that if they don't reach the bank in time they will meet up with an actual killbox and die. Perhaps the PC could survive easier if he/she was exceptionally strong or had a swamp staff. Claimed by TheFilthySpaniard.
  • Lightning for Stormhold - something like the crystal effects from SI would be useful here. I'd just like to have an intermittent lightning effect that hangs over Stormhold and can be seen from the mountains. Related posts - Black Marsh Scripts .
  • Geysers & Hot springs - an idea put forward by dozent originally, the hot springs is a bubbling pool of hot water, most likely found in underground locations. Ideally, this would be a water type but I imagine that would be very difficult to sort out. I guess the bubbles could be separate models that go in combination with a water texture and be used throughout a dungeon. The geysers would be torrents of water that might either damage the player if they pass under at the wrong time or else serve as aids to access high points in the architecture by propelling the PC upwards. These ideas are probably a little too ambitious but worth a shot! Related posts - Black Marsh Scripts .
  • Diseases - lots of ideas for diseases here: BM Disease Mechanics - A little parting gift ,
    along with a further discussion here: BlackMarsh Diseases and a very old but quite detailed thread here: Narrowing Diseases for starters . Currently claimed by brucevayne.
  • Disease Effects - This is where NPCs and (hopefully) PCs show physical signs of the diseases they have contracted. For more details, please check this post: CLAIM: Black Marsh Scripts .
  • Stormhold Castle - elevator and security system: Stormhold Castle .
  • Stormhold Undercity - slaughterfish restaurant script: Stormhold - Undercity .
  • Summon Argonian Zombie Spell - this is outlined for use as a race power for the Naga.
  • Paatru staff idea - See here: CLAIM: Black Marsh Scripts .
  • Slavery animations - Koniption alerted me to this fine-looking mod which should prove extremely useful for slave-related quests: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=25223 . I could do with someone checking this out, selecting the animations required and merging it into the esm through our own esp. There are a lot of anims and I don't think we'll be needing them all. However, I know nothing about anims so I'd like some help here - IG.
  • Naga and Sload scripts - We now have Naga and Sload within the archive and ready for use in-game. Koniption is working on the talking anims for the Sload which may prove to be imperfect at the moment. However, we also need scripts to make sure that the Naga tail and the Sload body remain fixed so that NPCs cannot ditch these features by opting for alternate clothing items and thereby lose essential parts of their body (as their body parts are classed as clothing in the CS).These are now complete and ready for the CS except the Sload talking anims.
  • Serpentine Emmanuel 'ladies' - See here: BWRI0303 "Gideon: Serpentine Emmanuel" . This interior is now complete but it needs to have the 'exotic ladies' implemented.
The last two are definitely useable. I'd like us to perhaps use Hist trees or something by which you might obtain bound items....or if not Hist trees then some other location. Cyrodiil had runestones but I quite like the idea of having something related to Argonian Hist worship, like a remodelled Grummite totem pole for example.
Cool, at the moment the bound items are set up to work like so, you equip a normal helm and a bound one is summoned to take its place for a duration of time.

It will be easy to adjust the script or make a new one to summon the bound item(s), though getting them like that does sound good.
I think DoZeNt's recent plans fit in with scripting: BlackMarsh Diseases do they not?
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I think DoZeNt's recent plans fit in with scripting: BlackMarsh Diseases do they not?

Yes they do IG :yes:
This looks like a possible scripting contender: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2909 .
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
This looks like a possible scripting contender: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2909 .

I've seen that mod before. It's got a good number of endorsements, too. I personally like the picture with the raindrop effect on the skin/clothing/hair.

However, though I have not looked at its scripts, I think it's already compatible with Blackmarsh, so you might not need to add it to Blackmarsh. I suppose it basically detects when it rains or when the NPC gets in/out of water, to determine when the NPC gets the droplets on them. You can ask Insanity Sorrow what he thinks, if he looks at the scripts for that mod.

Basically, it might well end up being already compatible, and so should leave it optional to users to determine if they want to use that mod. I think for mods like this, we could just start a "Recommended Mods to Use With Blackmarsh" list, and list already available mods that add neat things/effects that work with our mod.

Koniption
I have seen that mod before and IIRC its compatible with pretty much all mods. But I will check out its innards and see how things are done just to be sure.
I'm starting to think that there should really be a lengthy discussion whether or not to give BM its separate currency.
Quote:Originally posted by Xaeaix
I'm starting to think that there should really be a lengthy discussion whether or not to give BM its separate currency.

What do you think about that, IS? I suppose it stops cheating if a PC has loads of Septims.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12