Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kielanai's work
09-17-2006, 02:15 AM,

I don't think that we/you will have any problems with the names, just use a good name for your labels, a japanese name would be good.
If their will be a conflicting name, we will fix it...don't worry about that =)

Your new pics look nice :goodjob:
Akavir mod leader.
09-20-2006, 02:46 PM,
Good. My names are crazy. ;)
I've spent the day trying to develop a "system" to my names, which means I had to redo a lot of them. (T-E-D-I-O-U-S) I decided to go with Japanese names for most, but keep borrowed files in English. All begin with "Akavir" for easy category transfer, but Japanese will hopefully prevent accidental rewrites. (I know this stuff is old to many of you, but it's new to me, so bear with my disorganization a bit.) ^_^::

Updates: http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m61/K...type=local
Same link as before, but now with a bath house and more main temple upgrades.

One interesting item that I found myself wishing for tonight was a mochi usu and kine. I found a way to put two barrels together to mimic the usu (you can see it in one of the kitchen pictures), but the kine ... Confusedhrug: Something to request along with rocks. Tongue
Design Assistant

(Check here for updates. Individual images change often.) My Oblivion Screenshots Collection
09-20-2006, 02:58 PM,

I love your work.
09-20-2006, 03:05 PM,

Great stuff here. :yes: :goodjob:
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
09-22-2006, 03:58 PM,
Thanks! Some new updates ...
I have just finished a doujou, kozashiki (work room), and bedroom. I have started working on the second bedroom and the onsen (bath house). I made a few discoveries to pass along in case they're helpful to anyone else.

Doujou -- I was equipping the usual FG stuff in the doujou, when the chain dolls didn't look right. It just looks more European in design to me. The sword demonstrations I've seen involve slicing a rolled, heavy mat stuck on a spiked board. So, ... I made one of those instead. ^_^ It's a two piece thing -- a post and a cushion mesh from game -- but they're both covered in a reed mat texture and then assembled. You can see it at the back of the room along with some spare rolls.

Kozashiki -- This is a multipurpose room to serve as a library, scroll study, alchemy lab, conjuring room, textile craft area, and meditation corner. I originally wanted to color the beams red like a tori or temple to show the association with magic and summoning creatures, but the red I tried was ... bleh. So, I went with the same stain wood on the taiko and filled in with Chinese silks. (I think of an old, old Chinese man with a long white beard for some reason.) O_o! Anyway, when playing around today, I realized I had one more red -- a very bright red with a gold circle on it that I used for the silk zabuton in that room. So, curious, I switched the wood stain for the red. The result was amazing, especially with the black-urushi-type furniture, dragon sconces, and magic circle. I really liked it! All it needed was some zodiac animals and that old Chinese man. Big Grin But I like the more "natural" Japanese flavor of the room for multipurpose and will save the red pillars for another "supernatural" effort ... like a magic shop. I will try to get a screen of it before I switch it back in case this is an idea someone else could use elsewhere. Almost done with the main house now. *pant, pant* That only leaves the landscape around the temple and then clean-up of final package. ^_^ And of course I have to "move in" and test it before I move on to other things. (Kielanai has been waiting patiently.)
Design Assistant

(Check here for updates. Individual images change often.) My Oblivion Screenshots Collection
09-22-2006, 04:30 PM,

I just can't get over how fantastic all that work is. You are very creative and its wonderful to see.
09-22-2006, 04:41 PM,

Vey cool :goodjob:

Yeah those chained up dummies never look right to me, a rolled up mat is so much better :yes:
Akavir mod leader.
09-23-2006, 02:07 AM,
Thank you.
I can't really take credit for the designs as only one or two of them were actually created by me. The rest come from things around my house or textiles taken from around the web. There are a few I will have to check copyrights on, but I think they are all okay. Easy substitution if not. That will be part of my finishing stage.

I finished the interior design today with completing the small bedroom. (yay, yay) Now all that is left is adjusting corrections, onsen, garden, clean-up. I'm READY to stop working and start playing my game! So, besides a screen of the new room, I tested the straw dummy and got the havoc effects that I wanted (sound, strike, and dust and chunks from strike) so I'm happy with it. I also got a shot of the magic room in red. The wicker doesn't look so well with it, but the black furniture, dragon sconces, and magic circle are a nice combination for another magic room of some kind, like a shop or a guild. (Those stretched gold circles even look like warding glyphs all over the place, I think.)

So, ... break, ... on to next list of things to add. Tongue I'm hoping to be totally done within the week. After that, if you guys need anything specific I can help with, let me know.
Design Assistant

09-23-2006, 11:12 AM,
RE: Thank you.
Quote:Originally posted by Kielanai
I can't really take credit for the designs as only one or two of them were actually created by me. The rest come from things around my house or textiles taken from around the web.

You have one really interesting house then. Big Grin

Great work
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
09-24-2006, 10:44 AM,
Nah, my house is boring.
White walls, light brown floor, dark brown beams, brown furniture, etc. Very average. The colorful textures I'm getting here are from various zabuton (big floor cushions), sofa pillows, futon, and dishes. It's amazing how much I pay attention to textures now. Cropping the tiny flower on the center of a teapot can be turned into a whole set of new clutter and furniture!

Speaking of which, I have finally done the last of my interior spaces on the island. Woot, woot! Behind the temple is a separate building that houses an onsen and tea ceremony room. My photobucket account is updated with new screens. My tea room needs a teapot, though. Sad I didn't want to use a pitcher because it looks like a pitcher. And while I was able to texture the silver cariffe (sp?) to look like sake, it doesn't look like a teapot either. I really would like a teapot for this room, and the pattern on the two teacups is from my own tea set. I have a teapot nif from Morrowind from Calislahn I would like to use, but I can't seem to transfer it into Oblivion. Anyone know how to do this? (Or know of a teapot already made for Oblivion? Or should I add that to my growing request list ...) -_-*

In other news, I finally found an easier way to do kanji scrolls! ^_^ I had been using GIMP and a mouse, and YAAAA!!!! It was making me crazy! But I downloaded a non-standard Japanese font and placed it into the Windows fonts folder and now I can use it. I don't know why it wasn't picking up the pre-installed ones. Anyway the tea room's scroll is one that I did with the new font. NO MOUSE! Writing by typing is much nicer. ^_^ I just need to make it bigger next time, so it's more readable. I'm sure this will work with other Asian fonts, too. ... Or invented ones. ... What kind of writing does Akavir have? :eek:
Design Assistant