Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kielanai's work
09-24-2006, 03:50 PM,

You could look at English teas for tea pots. There are hundreds of different styles.

{I removed the info about the modders resource pack, turns out that one is for Morrowind and accidentally got put under Oblivion}

The news about the scrolls is really exciting. I'm glad you are making such progress.
09-25-2006, 06:01 AM,
Teapots
Even with English teapots, I can't seem to put it in the game. As far as I know there are no free meshes for Japanese teapots, but I did find one beautiful bonzai and tea set that was professionally made by a 3D company for about nine U.S. dollars download. -_-* But Calislahn has a nice English one for free. However, she made it for Morrowind, so I don't know how to switch it to Oblivion. I will use a pitcher if I have to, but a teapot is preferred.

No new screens this time. Working on landscape and having weird things happen with my sheep! I put sheep in the game, and I end up with people walking around my island and coming into my house!! :eek: Freaked me out the first time, so ... no sheep until I figure that out.

Thanks for the link. Smile

Edit: Okay NOW I have new screenshots. Lots of them! These are probably the final ones, too. Landscaping is done except for grass touchups. Only file clean-up is left. ... And waiting on permissions from borrowed items. But now Kielanai can move in -- yay! ^_^
Design Assistant

(Check here for updates. Individual images change often.) My Oblivion Screenshots Collection
09-25-2006, 04:19 PM,

That Island looks fantastic. I really hope you can/will release it. Some of my characters would find that place a lovely place to live.
09-25-2006, 08:44 PM,

Yeah, i hope that Necron gets the hakama in game soon.
Kielanai, you can texture the hakama for us if you want to, we will need expensive looking hakama with gold brocade, and common hakama with black, blue, red colors...even more colors would be great, you can make whatever textures you like for the hakama =)

I hope that Necron will have it in game within a week...but he is very busy with is own mod too (i'm keeping my fingers crossed) Wink

And about Akaviri writing, well...that depends on the country, we will have two countries that will use kanji, so there will be no problems for you Big Grin
Akavir mod leader.
09-25-2006, 10:32 PM,
Finishing Touches
The island itself was a nightmare to make. -_-* Kodama, I do NOT envy you having to do the landscaping. Ground too high and not flat -- tap it down and end up having to move entire home, door, stairs, etc. Grass where I don't want it -- remove it and end up with NONE. Put it back in and end up with too much again. I still have problem areas with steepness because it doesn't look as high in the editor as it does in the game, but I'm tired of lowering everything again and again, so I'm trying to think of other solutions ... like well-placed rocks to hide floating home edges. Cool If I can go ahead and move my PC in, I can test it out for a few days of "normal use" instead of just walking around and spot checking. Hopefully catch anything else that needs clean-up before I release it. ... Like I have a sheep that walked through a wall once. O_O! He returned to his place, but ... still.

I'm still waiting to hear from people about permission. I used several of Ronin's textures on lots of things, and I used a static water and a bamboo model from two other people, but everything else is mine or Bethesda's. Meanwhile, I will begin clean-up. I'm hoping it will be completely ready for release by this weekend.

My organization of classed items isn't that great within this mod because I made only what I needed, but I will try to reorganize that for anything else. I have been collecting materials for all classes, though these home are middle and upper class. Something like this?

Lower class -- dark plain fabrics, woven furniture, plain ceramics, tatami and mushiro floor coverings only (tatami is special now because it's traditional and delicate, but it used to be the only way to cover a floor)

Middle class -- moderate color and pattern fabrics, bamboo and plain wood furniture, ceramic with simple design, simple color rugs

Upper class -- elaborate color and pattern fabrics, urushi or pattern stained furniture, elaborate ceramics, embroidered rugs

Edit: Ysne, maybe could you please beta test it for me if it suits one of your characters? Is there a place where you upload things for this project before public release? You might be able to catch things I would miss.
Design Assistant

(Check here for updates. Individual images change often.) My Oblivion Screenshots Collection
09-25-2006, 11:58 PM,

I love testing stuff. I would be honored to do that. alot of people are using rapidshare for that and pming links but i will pm you a link to a private yahoogroup where you can upload mods up to 20 MB.
09-26-2006, 07:08 AM,
Thanks so much. ^_^
I got the link and I will send it as soon as I get it cleaned up. My files are so messy right now. Tongue

BUT I made a very important advance today! I put up final two screens: one is location on the map, but the other is a teapot! Big Grin I finally learned how to import meshes using Blender! So, now I can replace my pitchers with teapots, but this means I can maybe add collision to taiko and futon ... which means I can maybe help bring other meshes into the game once I get a little more practice with it. The hard part is sizing it "just right". This teapot is a little big, but I'm just happy it's in the game, ne?

So, it may take me a little longer, but I will practice with these other items before cleaning files.
Design Assistant

09-26-2006, 08:55 AM,

just to point out : unless the yahoo rules have changed, the TOTAL must be < 20 MB, but each file must be < 5 MB.
I read emails regularly like ... once per month.
09-26-2006, 04:27 PM,

Thanks for pointing that out sphr, I guess we won't be using that feature much.

I am so glad you are figuring things out Kielanai. It sounds great.
09-26-2006, 06:37 PM,

Yeah, those sheep can do funny things Kielanai, the sheep i placed in a small village all walked through the walls and they even walked up the walls and ended up on the roof Big Grin
And i have also had some problems with landscape that was too steep and high, it's just not possible to see how big and steep a hill really is in the CS, so i have test the landscape in game a lot, not that i mind doing that, but it takes a lot of time because the landscape is bigger then Cyrodiil.

It's nice to know that you know how to import meshes into Blender :goodjob:
Kielanai, i would not mind to beta test your mod too Wink
Akavir mod leader.