Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kielanai's work
09-27-2006, 11:05 PM,
Amazing Sheep
I reset their radius and then realized too late it was affecting all the other sheep. -_-* So, I hope I didn't just make everyone's sheep walk through walls after using the mod. Thanks for the offers to beta. The animals will need special watching, I guess, and I'll remove them if I must. I haven't had problems with the deer, though. Just the sheep. I've set them to respawn in case they go into the water, but ...

Anyway, I have one more file check for missing files to run through. I need to make icons for the miscellaneous items (which I nearly forgot about). And then I want to write a little note or book to go in the house. (Maybe.) All then finally the read-me and final in-game check.

After getting the teapot in the game, I experimented with trying to transfer a kimono from Morrowind to Oblivion. It's a long, much more complicated process than a teapot, so I got frustrated and saved, but at least I now have it almost in position correctly, I just can't texture it correctly. However, I got an idea that I'm going to try out this afternoon that branched from this and the improvised weapons thread. I'm still bothered that my taiko sticks have fencepost holes in them, so I made a "stick" in Blender. Yeah ... my first model ... a stick. Smile Anyway, my first plan was to replace the fence post with the new bachi. But then it occured to me that if I fit it into a sword's mesh, she could actually hold it, ... swing it, ... hit with it. Wouldn't that be too cool to actually be able to hit the taiko?? Big Grin It won't sound like a taiko, but still it would help give the illusion of actually playing it. I don't know if it will work, but I'm going to try as the final tweak. And then the bachi could be used for other things like ... a stick. Tongue
Design Assistant

(Check here for updates. Individual images change often.) My Oblivion Screenshots Collection
09-27-2006, 11:21 PM,

I'm glad you are learning so much. That stick sounds ... like a stick. :lmao:
10-01-2006, 12:02 PM,
Well, it's done.
It was way too big for the yahoo group because it's an island with two complete houses and tons of new textures. So, thanks for offering to beta, but I went ahead and put it on TESSource. If it's quirky and doesn't work, I guess I'll find out the hard way from everyone who downloads it.

Akaviri Kojima -- http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=7235

I couldn't get the stick idea to work. I think I need more practice in Blender first. It worked, but I couldn't fit it correctly without remaking it, and I didn't feel like remaking it. Possibilities for future, though, once I know more about that program.

Wow, I'm tired after working so hard on that! ... After a short break, I will be able to work on something else.
Design Assistant

(Check here for updates. Individual images change often.) My Oblivion Screenshots Collection
10-01-2006, 04:35 PM,

I will take a look at it, thanks for posting the link.
10-01-2006, 05:41 PM,

Ok, i got it :bananarock:

Akaviri small island eh? Nice name Big Grin
I'm gonna use names like like that for some places in Knifeblossom and Tsaesci.

You know, you could have just posted it on Rapidshare and PM'ed us the link.
We could have beta tested it for you Wink
Akavir mod leader.
10-01-2006, 11:00 PM,
Rapidshare
Heh. I didn't know what that was until now. Blush It's a very big file, so it's very slow download and some places limit the size. Oh well. I know better for next time, ne. First mod is bound to have problems. I already found one in the book and changed it, but now I found another with the chests in the doujou. The two yellow chests say, "Tansu (Kiiroi)", but are supposed to say "Tansu (Chest)". I meant to put English in the parentheses, not more Japanese! Kiiroi means yellow, so it's not wrong; it's just ... not right. -_-* I don't know whether to try to change it or leave it alone. I guess it depends on what else I find wrong.
Design Assistant

10-02-2006, 12:40 AM,

Keep a list of what you want to change. Wait a week or so and see what responses you get from people who test it. Then do an update.

You got 10 of 10 on the votes so far. For a first landscape, that is fantastic!!!!! :goodjob:
10-02-2006, 11:44 PM,

I don't have the esp file, it said: unexpected end of archive ?(
I do have the meshes and the textures, this is so strange :eek:

Kielanai, can you put the esp file on rapidshare and PM me the link?
I want to see your island.
Akavir mod leader.
10-02-2006, 11:59 PM,

I've gotten that on other types of files before. You probably just need to redownload the .rar.
Her eyes, though which crystal tears gave light,
shone like the moon in water, seen by night
10-03-2006, 12:24 AM,
Esp
I have had trouble uploading it, so it's no surprise. -_-* I was missing a texture, but when I tried to upload corrected version, everyone was downloading and it took forever and locked up. Then, you mentioned rapidshare, so I uploaded there, only to find out texture was still missing. Tried to upload a third fix, and only esp was picked up! Went to another site to try to add, but their update is broken, so I couldn't list that mirror yet. Came back to fix first two. Just heard from third and am waiting for word on update from them before I list it.

*pant*

So, ... there is a rapid share link on the page for the whole rar file if the one at TESSource doesn't work. But here is a link with just the esp if you have mesh and textures but don't want to download the entire thing all over again.

http://rapidshare.de/files/35285624/Akav...a.esp.html

Only version three of the rar file Read-Me will have the fixed texture on the doujou katana practice thing. ... Should. (Unfortunately, I forgot to change the file name itself to version 3, but if it works, I'm not messing with it again. If it doesn't work, please let me know.)

:mchm:

Edit: If you want to double check read-me 3 against the nifs, the texture problem was with a mesh file called "KatanaRenshu2". If it doesn't have the regular slashes fixed to back slashes, then you will need to re-download the textures anyway. If Read-Me says "Version 3", it should be okay, though. ... I hope.

Edit2: And, yes, I just realized I spelled "renshu" wrong. It's "renshuu", but if it works, it stays. Tongue
Design Assistant