Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Kielanai's work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
I know where Akita is, and it's a very good story :goodjob:

The most obvious thing to change would be the "western desert" (we only have a desert in the east... the middle east Big Grin
The people would live in the north-east (and the middle of Akavir during the ancient times).So it should be the north-eastern coastall region, and the eastern desert Smile
I can't think of anything else that needs to be fixed, the story fits in great as it is.

Well done Kielanai :goodjob:

EDIT: We will have Aka-oni (a big red Xivilai), but i'm not sure if we should use them or the Kamal for this story Confusedhrug:
DIE 75, yes, that's what I was thinking when trying to convert it to Akavir. ^_^ It could have been written after humans fell victim to the Tsaesci, but before they became "extinct" (however you choose to interpret that). So, it could be a very old book. I will be sure to check my grammar in the final draft so that it has an "artifact" feel to it.

Kodama, the original story (of course there are variations of it) is that an emperor from China brought five demons that raided the villages, so that is why I said western desert -- I have no idea what Akavir actually looks like. So, that is a good and easy change. Also, the original story and the festival that honors it take place in the winter, but I changed it to summer, so that it could fit with the snow demons attacking the Tang Mo every summer when the snow thaws. I added the drums as well. So, this isn't the original story; just based on it for fun. ^_^ There is a shrine in Akita with all those stone steps, too, so if you want to expand to make it "fact" in the game, you could place a long stone stairway up the side of the mountain to reach a shrine, or something -- possibly attach a quest. Just some ideas for it.

I could use "demon" or "snow demon". Or "namahage" or "oni" could be very ancient human words. What is the difference between "Aka-oni" and "Kamal"? If you don't want to connect them to those particular demons, they could be something entirely different. Some namahage do have red faces, but they represent male demons; blue masks represent female oni (though many masks are just ... wood).

Or it could be just lore and NOT really have anything else to prove it really happened -- sort of mystery. There are several possibilities how to develop them. I will make a book jacket with namahage on the front, unless you prefer specific other art to be used. Or, I could make it a bamboo scroll. Most early Japanese and Chinese writings were done on bone or bamboo before paper. I will see which looks best when I do final copy.

Vampire cat story is next. =)
Ok, i think i can put the stone steps on the north-east side of the kamal mountains, and put a shrine on top :yes:

I'm not really sure about how we should call the demons, so i guess the word "demons" will have to do for now.
As for the scroll or book and the artwork, make it the way you like it, whatever you think is best is fine with me.
Maybe we could have a really old version of the story made of bone, and another, less old scroll made of bamboo, and a contemporary scroll or book made of paper Big Grin
The old bone scroll could be a quest item.
Here is a book cover version. I need to make some space in my computer before I attempt to do more models. :p Oblivion is taking over my available memory!

For this book, I wrote "Hanashi no Namahage" on the front to see how kanji would do. It's not too bad, and I was able to do it like Japanese books -- read from right to left. But the back side is a mirror image of the front. So, any lettering of a solid image will be backwards on the back. I will have to use another book cover and cut and paste over it to compensate, I suppose. I'm still experimenting, but it's a start.

Did you want each version of the story to be slightly different? Like the older one being more true to what really happened and modern translation being told more from a beast folk perspective? I'm always fascinated how informations and stories change over time. This could be done that way.

Also, do you know how to change fonts? Is there only this and handwriting, or is there something that maybe looks more Asian? I might change this to handwriting font to make it look more like brush strokes.

[Image: SnowDemon.jpg]
Quote:Originally posted by Kielanai
I have no idea what Akavir actually looks like.

You know, neither do I. Do we have a height map or some kind of layout of the land? Maybe with city locations?
Did you want each version of the story to be slightly different?

Yeah, that would be perfect, old copies would be rare and worth more money =)

Also, do you know how to change fonts?

Sorry, i have absolutely no idea about that, it's something i never even thought about Confusedhrug:
But it would be better to change to font like you said, just ask around, maybe some one will know how to do this.

Quote:Originally posted by DIE 75
Do we have a height map or some kind of layout of the land? Maybe with city locations?

Yes we do, but it's on my chrashed computer, i will have to get it off the hard drive soon.
Also, do you know how to change fonts? Is there only this and handwriting, or is there something that maybe looks more Asian? I might change this to handwriting font to make it look more like brush strokes.

I found this in the TES CS forum:

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index....book+fonts

Quote:
Quote:I've figured out how to add notes to a mod I'm trying (newbie!) ... on a "crumpled piece of paper" or "blank parchment" etc... but the text as it apears in-game looks typed.
I want to change it to look handwritten but there doesn't seem to be anything to click on in the "edit base" bit to change this.
I found some (pretty confusing) stuff on the wiki about book fonts but honestly I don't get it. :confused:
(So please don't just link me there!)
Do I just type in a code(?) above the text I want to add and that'll do it?
What do I put,just for a handwriting look? <FONT> squiggle-something-doo-dah....?
As you may have guessed I'm a bit- of -an- Erthor when it comes to <code @#^$ *&^ !!!@*> stuff.
Thanks.

Use this:

<font face = 5>Your text</font>

Hope this helps...
I will definitely look into that then. These scripts should look like brush.

I just came back from Matsushima this weekend, and after looking at old temples with gold leaf fusuma, I am wanting to build another Kojima-style home. Tongue My mind goes too many directions for my own good this month.
after looking at old temples with gold leaf fusuma, I am wanting to build another Kojima-style home.

I would love to have gold leaf fusuma for our mod, fusuma (gold leaf or not) are awesome! http://www.kodama.nl/fusuma.htm (that Dutch website says: Kodama makes fusuma to size) Big Grin
I have no clue why it took me so long to download your Akaviri Kojima mod Kielanai; it is extremely impressive!

I couldn't help but take a few shots of it!

[Image: ScreenShot1070.jpg]

[Image: th_ScreenShot1100.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot1099.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot1098.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot1097.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot1073.jpg]

[Image: ScreenShot1067.jpg]

[Image: th_ScreenShot1069.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot1096.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot1095.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot1094.jpg]

[Image: ScreenShot1083.jpg]

[Image: th_ScreenShot1093.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot1092.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot1091.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot1089.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot1088.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot1087.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot1086.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot1084.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot1082.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot1081.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot1080.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot1079.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot1078.jpg]
[Image: th_ScreenShot1077.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot1076.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot1074.jpg]

Excellent work Kielanai!!! :goodjob:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47