Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Kielanai's work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Speedtree is a tree engine (like havoc is physics engine) applied in game. It usees tree models that are generated by speedtreeCAD, textures on them and swaying billboards (with textures) on the models. The swaying is of course set by speedtreeCAD. I did a bamboo tree with speedtree once but it was horrible experience...
My mind is seeing visions of maniac bamboo coming to life and whomping their creator through the computer screen to make a horrible experience. ... *snicker* But that's probably not what you mean. Wink Probably more like my attempts to rig new meshes into the game (too small, wrong direction, strange angle, doesn't fit, too glossy, ... ARRRGGGGHHH, .... :pppppp). -_-* I think my policy has changed to if someone else can put it in the game, I can build anything with it.

Bamboo would be wonderful. I have small bamboo forest in two places on the island, but the bamboo isn't as realistic looking as the other trees. It's harvestable, though, so I would probably keep it and add others -- variety would make it look more realistic. In fact, I'm currently working on the garden behind the temple, and the path is lined with bamboo, so that would be a beautiful addition, I think.

The tea plants use a reworked version of that bamboo leaf, too.
The hachimaki are awesome! :goodjob:

The bamboo speedtrees will make the bamboo trees you have now, look like toys Big Grin
Speaking of speedtrees, we will need some of those to be modelled, like mangroves.
[Image: Mangroves.JPG]

Brazil nut trees.
[Image: brazil_nut_tree_119299.jpg]

And some other jungle trees, and ofcourse we will need some Japanese trees too.
Once we have some cool Japanese speedtrees, you can use them in your mod Kielanai :check:
For Japanese trees, you definitely need some trimmed matsu (pine) and sakura (different kinds of cherry blossoms). Fuji is another good one. I was wanting to use the willow tree and recolor it to make it fuji and sakura for Kojima, but I don't know how to retexture trees. It's probably more complicated than just recoloring a leaf.

For kojima, I used the game's gingko, mugo, Japanese honeysuckle, azaelea, hydrengea, Japanese maple, willow, forsythia (?), and juniper. Those are common here, so good ones to keep in mind from vanilla list. There may be others, but I don't know tree types very well.
Thanks, that's very helpfull :goodjob:
Those trees will make Akavir even more interesting.
Quote:Originally posted by Ysne
Those trees will make Akavir even more interesting.

We really need the Brazil nut trees most of all, as they are perfect for adding Tang Mo tree houses to them.
Hmmm... i'm sure the most common injury a Tang Mo will get is getting hit by the huge Brazil nuts, BANG!!! :dunce: Big Grin
Havoc landslide physics at work. PC is talking to NPC when suddenly ... don, don, don ... parade of nuts fall on them. :lmao:
:lmao:

Yeah, we definately need Brazil Nut trees. I know BM needs mangroves, but Siegfried said it'd be hard to make them in SpeedTree.
I don't see why they would be hard to make in speedtree :confused:
They would be made like any other speedtree Confusedhrug:

EDIT: Can you post me a link to where Siegfried said it would be hard to make them? I wanna know what he's talking about.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47