Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Kielanai's work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
I wasn't agreeing with you, I was just telling Kielanai what it was.

You, on the other hand, are insulting a culture group, and insulting a valuable member of this teams work. :alert:

I suggest we stop this, before it gets too serious. Smile
(I know you weren't agreeing and just explaining, Tlo. Thanks.)

Intranetusa, as for modern Japanese fashion, learn some Japanese history with particular focus on society norms and entertainment, rather than actual clothing items. Look at old paintings. Look at modern fashion blogs. Learn about kabuki, kei, and roro subcultures -- you will NOT find these in America and kabuki dates very preWWII. Yes, T-shirts and jeans have taken over kimono for daily wear, but only because they are more practical. But the kimono is still widely loved and worn, and a certain amount of flambouyant costume has ALWAYS been present here, MUCH more so than in America. You dress up once a year for Halloween. Here, any gathering for fun is an excuse to dress up, any day of the year, and entertainers are EXPECTED to dress in costume to some extent -- even in my little field of taiko performance. Appearance is extremely important here, but not in the same way as for America. You are not familiar with Japanese culture, so you cannot understand what I mean by these differences and you should not be making such statements about it until you learn more. Everything that has filtered to Japan from the west has been changed somehow to make it suit Japanese culture, whether by colors, modesty, or how the outfit is presented as a total look. (this is true of all things, not just clothing) Yes, clothing from France and America has appeal here, but Japanese fashion is still VERY Japanese in style and taste. What you see here, you will not see in your country. But don't tell me what real people in Japan look like. I live here. This is my home. Modern or ancient times, YES, real people did and still do dress like that. Why do you think it ends up in anime? It's because that style is widely admired here.

This kind of remarks does get very offensive, and I see it so much on other review boards and forums concerning Japanese culture, which I suppose is why I am so quick to defend, even though I know it's pointless to argue. Quick, thoughtless words are never good ones, and understanding Japanese culture is not what Intranetusa is after, considering the tone of the comments. For my part, I'm sorry for not deleting my own posts sooner. As the saying goes, there are two kinds of fools, ... those who have never climbed Mt. Fuji, and those who climb it twice.

So, that is the only and final response I have on the matter. Thanks for the deletions, guys. Delete this one, too, if you need to. Those "jokes" insult two culture groups.

Back to mods.
Thank you for walking the high road on this Keilanai. You do wonderful work. I'm not going to be deleting any other messages now that we have your thread back on track.
Welcome :goodjob:
:alert: I'm gonna make a post about what happened here recently.

Intranetusa got banned, History 1 got banned because it's the same person (according to Ysne it's the same person, i missed all of this).
So Intranetusa is now History (how fitting) :lol:

This is the first time we had to ban some one, i hope it's the last time.

Note: When a moderator warns you and if some of your posts are deleted, it is unwise to argue with the moderator and repost text from your deleted posts.
The best action would have been an apology to the offended people and the moderators, and to drop the discussion, especially when told to do so by a moderator.
I would like to add that the decision to ban was not made lightly. I really hope we don't have to ban anyone else.

Getting back on topic. I look forward to your new work kielanai.
:yes: I agree it was probably the best decision.
But I want to get back to Kielanai's newest work. Big Grin
On with the mods ...

I have updated a few of the faces and tried out some of Corthian's exterior tiles today:
Updates

As you can see, I had some trouble with the tiles. :/ I'm afraid putting those together left me rather confused which pieces go where, and in trying to smooth them together, I had a lot of gaps, even with snap grid. I'm afraid tile building is going to have to be someone else's job. I need the "idiot easy" buildings -- whole thing already done and drop in place. Blush So, I will probably be removing them since I can't get even a small building to look well set. Sorry. Sad

Ra, if you can make a really nice, basic woman's face with facegen, could I take you up on that offer for a "clean" look? I can't count how many times I have redone Etsuko now and I STILL can't get a decent face for her that I'm happy with. I think I am happy when I'm tired of working on it because I want to be done, but when I look at it again, I become unhappy and try again. I wanted her to look like one of these girls, but then have her face to alter for one or two more female NPC's. It might actually be a handy file to have for Akavir (or two or three), seeing as how Oblivion's facegen abilities for women is severely lacking. NPC's should copy and paste more easily than PC's, and I can find better picture of of them if you need close-ups.

Mo-ningu Musume Wiki

I have also decided to put a representation of Gackt's new drama character in there, just for fun since he is on my mind now thanks to all this. Smile ... But of course I can't get it to look like him. Rolleyes Silly me for thinking I could, ne? "Kamui" (hehe, Camui=Kamui, get it?) looks more like Tatsuya, so I'm thinking of giving him blue contacts. =) I still need a couple of people in the main house, so he will be one of the guards.
I'll make you an esp with just a few new faces in a new race. You can combine the esp or just copy the data over to yours. One thing facegen does not do well (at least my version) is make young people. It does 20's to really old. I'll see what I/Facegen can do. I'll throw in those bamboo trees as well.
It would be awesome if you could make a Gackt npc Cool

I thought there were some complete buildings in the resource pack aswell, not just an exterior tile set :confused:

EDIT: Oh! And the girls from the wiki look cute Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47