Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Kielanai's work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Positions and Sign-ups

Near the bottom.
Ok, thanks! :goodjob:
More updated screens ...

Kojima Comes to Life

I am now finished with all planned interiors except the pirate ship and a few basements. I have finished all exteriors to go with those interiors. I am beginning work on NPC AI as I finish up the pirate ship (which is taking forever because I have to retexture every panel and three interiors). It may not look 100% like a wokou fune, but it's the best I could do with the game's only "normal" ship mesh. The ship is actually an Asian remake of the very first ever mod that I attempted to do -- a tweaked version of Jason 1's pilotable pirate ship. ^_^ (Sorry, this ship does not pilot. Maybe some day it will be. But not enough time now.)

Anyway, I struggle with AI and character design now. I have a weird question. The captain of the pirate ship is dark elf/tsaesci descent. He is a character I came up with in my fanfiction, transferred to Silgrad Tower in another form, and now will transfer to Kojima in a third form. (He's kind of unique, so I like using him for Akavir pirate stuff.) ^_^ His tsaesci blood is supposed to be a few generations removed, so he looks more like a dark elf, but his hair is copper, his eyes are snake-like and golden, his skin has a golden luster to it, and he has "fangs". I managed to get his hair and eyes perfect after many mistakes. Now I want his teeth. ... But I can't find a vampire teeth mesh for the game. It has to have one. But the race uses "human teeth" for that slot. Yet I look at the mesh, and I see no fangs. I checked dark elf and other races -- no fang meshes. How do they have fangs in the game if there is no mesh? I really want to give Rindaalyn his fangs. Sad

Anyone have a clue how to do that? (He is a new race copied from dark elf and tweaked.)

The ship ...
[Image: WokouFune.jpg]

Rindaalyn ...
[Image: Rindaalyn.jpg]

Edit:
Better picture of Rindaalyn. The boy needs fangs ...
[Image: RindaalynClose.jpg]
The ship looks nice, i hope to get some ship models eventually (we got a Chinese Junk).

A Dark Elf/ Tsaesci huh? How do you come up with something like that? :eek: EDIT: He does look cool though Cool
The fangs should really have a mesh, otherwise they can't show up in-game, keep looking for it.
There are already models for these ships/boats

[Image: hig00.gif]
[Image: kawafune00.gif]
[Image: yanebune.jpg]
[Image: nitaribune.jpg]
[Image: tyoki.jpg]

As far as trees go, the brazil nut is easy, but the mangrove would be really hard because of the root system. I've already made a "better" version of a weeping willow (Oblivions didn't really "weep"). Sculpted trees like the big manicured pines and such I would probaly just do in Max.
So do you have those boats collisioned and in-game?

So why are the roots such a big deal? They look just like the branches, just upside down :confused:
Maybe we could have the roots to look a bit simpler in-game then in real life.
As for ship, since I am not good with 3D modeling or Nifskope, so unless they are already rigged for the game, new meshes are at the bottom of the list to try to do. I save stuff that I have to take time to learn how to do for later, a little at a time.

Right now I'm learning (and getting frustrated with) AI. I have given AI to the alchemist and all three guards now, but the guards are giving me a lot of trouble, trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. Example, I finally got G#1 to get on the horse, but he wouldn't ride it anywhere. I managed to make him ride it by switching the schedule for G#2 (apparently there was conflict though I never found it), but he rides it for short patrol, rather than long. I checked the schedule, and short patrol is not marked for horse, ... so WHY is he riding the horse?? :confused: And I finally got G#2 to go into the doujou to train, but he just walks in circles because I picked "no weapon". (I want him to use hand-to-hand on the punching bag, but apparently there's another way to do that, ... or maybe no way to do that.) Confusedhrug: And I just gave G#3 her full schedule, but she goes to a bench to relax at the same time as G#2, so they look like they're making out at the dragon statue in the public square. -_-* (How rude. Wonder if G#1 knows of this affair?)

So, ... I am learning. But it's slow and frustrating. Once I get AI set, I will attempt to convert their race from Breton to Han. If I can figure that out, then I'll try out some other related ideas. I only do retextures so everything else is new to me. (and seems complicated) :/

As for Tsaesci/Dark Elf, the original idea in my fanfiction was Kielanai's party pick up a young Ashlander scout on their way to Akavir because he has always been curious about the place and is good with learning new lands. He was always curious because one of his distant relatives was supposedly Tsaesci deserter during invasion that found the Ashlander camps in northwest Morrowind. He did not stick around, so there is not much known of him. The Ashlander tribe wanted nothing to do with the dark elf woman and half-bred child he left behind. Imperials wanted nothing to do with them either. So, they lived as Outcast. Time passed, Rin was eventually born from the half-bred child's lineage. He lives as Outcast like his mother and grandmother because he is too Outlander for the Ashlanders, and too Ashlander for the Outlanders. But people mistake his snake eyes for him being part Argonian and give him grief over it, so he is very isolated and unsociable when Kielanai and her group find him. He is the youngest member of their party, too -- older teen. ... When I was looking over ST stuff several months ago, I came across a village section of Soluthis (sp?) founded by a Tsaesci. O_O! My first thought was -- Rin's lost relative!!! :lmao: It just fit so nicely. So, I HAD to try to make him a home there and put him in the game. I had never done NPC's before, so making that tiny little hut and putting him in it were quite a challenge. I made him an older Ashlander scout with a slight variation of name spelling. He has "golden" appearance of eyes and hair, who thinks he is part Tsaesci and scavenges ruins looking for more "Pale Pass style" artifacts. I set up his home to have related things, including a letter about a desire to have a ship so that someday he can actually go to Akavir and a message from a bard near Anvil that she may have found one for him. ^_^ ... That is not how it goes in my story, though. In the story, in the end, Kielanai gives Rin the pirate ship that belonged to the pirates who killed her family. So in making Kojima a village that smuggles Akaviri imports, it was only right that Rin be the captain of the pirate ship. ^_^ (No luck on finding those fangs, btw. I think I may have to ask on the official forum for help.) :|

Of course, I am making it so that the PC can claim the ship, too, if that is desired. Kojima is more "eye candy" than "game", so if a player wants to play as a fighter, monk, pirate, lord, farmer, ... whatever ... it will be possible to choose a different place to live. I have no quests planned because I am a scripting nightmare. NPC ownership will be minimal for that reason. It's meant to be just a nice little place for an Asian-style PC to have a sanctuary that is a little more like "home". Akavir project will be more for "game". Wink

Edit:
Yay! I found Rin some fangs! ^_^ And you know you've done something wrong when you see this ... :lmao:

[Image: Oops.jpg]

Vampire snakeman ...

[Image: RindaalynsFangsClose.jpg]
Heh, heh, the picture with the horse and guard was a bit weird Big Grin

The fangs look great! But how did you find them?
I never found a separate mesh for them in the game, so I gave up and went to mods as a resource. There is a mod called "Merged Teeth" by Scanti that is free use with credits that I noticed some vampire PC/Companion mods were listing. It merges the upper and lower jaws into one mesh freeing a face slot for things like noserings or whiskers, etc. It had a mesh that makes the vampire teeth distinct. To put it on a normal race would make everyone from that race have those teeth, but my Tsaesci/Dark Elf is a unique race, so it worked that only he has them. By learning how to do that, I think I am one step closer to figuring out how to do entirely new races and retexture of animals. So, tonight I will be trying that, along with continuing work on AI for NPC's and the ship interior. ^_^

... Now I'm tempted to give him a nosering. Hehe. One to match my own. Wink No, no, no ... stick to plan first. ... Then nosering. :yes:
Quote:Originally posted by Kielanai
I never found a separate mesh for them in the game, so I gave up and went to mods as a resource. There is a mod called "Merged Teeth" by Scanti that is free use with credits that I noticed some vampire PC/Companion mods were listing.

That was a smart way to fix your problem :goodjob:

... You have a nose ring?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47