Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Morag Tong Assassin Armor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
No, here it is.

[Image: MTandDB.jpg]

The Morag Tong assasin (left) wearing the helmet as seen in TES3 next to the Dark Brotherhood assasin (right) seen wearing the similar Dark Brotherhood helm. They are both similar in style, but the DB helm was dropped in TES4, in Cyrodiil at least, for the hood.
The helm looks pretty good combined with robes, it's a shame they scrapped the DB style for the hood in Oblivion.
aha, have never seen it, thank you Big Grin
the DB armor in tes3 is so very much cooler than the new one. we should have it in our mod. i love all the goggles in the old game!
That's probably why they're different. In Cyrodiil they wear traditional Cyrodiilic leather tweaked to be as stealthy as possible. In Morrowind, the terrain there is very harsh, and being unprotected like that is not a smart thing to do. You'll notice on the more traditional armors in Morrowind (chitin and so on) they come with closed cloth helmets to protect your face and goggles to protect your eyes while alowing visibility in Morrowind's ashstorms. They should have kept the Morrowind helm over the new DB hood simply because a) it looks cooler and b) it would helm mask an assasin's identity.

What's the point of killing people when everyone knows it's you (and you just happen to be the head of the mages, fighters, and thieves guilds, champion of cyrodiil, arena grand champion, and Lord Sheogorath)

There is a mod that made goggles for Oblivion, and we could always stick a set onto a closed cloth helm thing.
Quote:Originally posted by VABG
The armor is in one piece exept for the gauntlets and the helmet. I'll look at some "_gnd" models and see if I can find something fitting.

gnd nifs are not hard. I have a method for doing them as good as any Beths ones. yours wouldn't be that straight forward to do though. I've done all custom rigged ones for shirts and pants, yours maybe wants to be similar to how those were done or a vannila robe_gnd . Just depends on the mesh.
except one goggle is significantly smaller then the other. which is a nice touch IMO
Will there be a female version of the armor anytime in the future?
argochris: I'll do the female version in the near future but I've got some stuff to do in my not computer-related life at the moment and I had to reinstall windows some days ago. It should be quite easy to do the female version to be honest. It'll go fast as long as I get to actually doing it. I'll try to be done with it within the week...

Ghogiel: I tried using some different _gnd models but the armor is a bit too different from all the armors/robes/clothes oblivion... Is there some tutorial on how to do a bending _gnd or could you tell me your method?
well to do the bending part is easy peasy. you just blend wieght it to a few bones from a robe or shirt nif.

editing the mesh itself is the tricky part.

I'll have to post a few screens to illustrate it. firstly look around at some gnd nifs and kinda figure out how you want to set yours out.

What I did was take a shirt mesh http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/le...ndnif1.jpg and build a skeleton of 3 bones. I used those bones to position the mesh in the general shape of a bethesda gnd nif I was kinda copying the layout of . then flattened it a bit http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/le...ndnif2.jpg added the detail pieces, then rigged it to the bones I imported out of vanilla gnd nif. http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/le...ndnif3.jpg about 30mins work I reckon.

yours isn't as straight forward, but theres a rough idea how to go about it.
Happy 18th VABG, I hope you had a great day Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19