Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Morag Tong Assassin Armor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Wow, that's really good! The details on it look brilliant. :goodjob:
Really good.
The only thing I am asking is that the arms and legs aren't too small. Perhaps a playtested version will be very nice.
Seniosh, I've actually been thinking about doing that since there is some very "crest" like thing in the concept art. So well... You can expect it to be added soon Wink
blackbird, I won't do a playtested version until I'm done with all the clothes that'll hang down since skinning is really, really, really boring and takes really much time to do. I think that the arms and legs will look better once the arms are down and feet are on.

I'm at around 13k triangles now... only around 2-4k (well, possibly more though Tongue) triangles left. :alert: If there is something that you want on the model now is the time to say it...
Looks really really good now =)

adding even more pieces of cloth would make it look even better i think! mayby add a few more pockets? looking forward to see it finished :goodjob:
Hmm only thing is that the concept was a bit more robe-like, in that there was more cloth, and the legs weren't really pants, but more of a robe.
I'd say you've got more than 17k triangles if this is full-body like DB armor was, but best to be on the safe side i guess.

If you want to make legs closer to concept, it's up to you, i think it'll probably look good any way you make it, but it looks best when it matches your vision of what it should be
Well, since the concept doesn't show any part of the legs it's more or less up to my imagination... But that was just a testversion so no need to worry Wink

Anyhow... I've made something more fitting, that looks alot more like a robe, but it could make the trianglecount skyrocket (I'll post the count later and with a pic from the CS). 14k triangles on the model now...And 2 CS Pics

I think that I've actually seen something quite like this design before... hmmm... ah well, someone might know what I'm thinking of.
[Image: armorwrobev2pic1.jpg]
[Image: armorwrobev2cspic1.jpg]
[Image: armorwrobev2cspic2.jpg]
Looks great, but wouldn't that cause clipping errors with the legs when you run?

I personally think you should try make the bottom part of the armour (greaves or whatever), a bit less tight, if you know what I mean. I just think that the Morag Tong armour from concept art looked quite baggy.

Everything else for me is fine. :goodjob:
Well... since there's really no reason to actually have the legs underneath and if they were they would use the same skinning as the rest so... Confusedhrug:

I can't really make it baggy since the armor could look really strange while moving due to how I'll have to do the skinning in that case. It might look a bit more baggy when I've added some more cloth though.
:goodjob: You work is great ! :bananarock:

very hard to say how it will look in game.

are you planning on adding cloth like this or how are your thoughts?
[Image: fulfan.jpg]

personally i think it would be cool with a version
with a shorter "skirt" too. The pouch looks bigger that way, and thats one of the things i liked very much about the concepts. keep it up! :banana:
clipping shouldn't be an issue. the cloth isn't supposed to be rigid in anyway. so you can go nuts with blending the weights and it won't look odd.

you don't have to pay that much attention to the bodys shape when modelling. just key points like start the hips at the right level. and make the shoulders start at the right width. it'll probably look abit more baggy in game anyway during the idle possition.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19