Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Morag Tong Assassin Armor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Quote:Originally posted by Tlo1048
Beautiful!

Oh, in case none of you know. On RS forums Waalx is making new arena armor. It looks pretty freakin' awesome.
Mine is nothing compared to his.
Links&pics or it didnt happen.

EDIT: Nevermind found it on google shortly after posting. Since you didnt come back with any links here's some attachments:

There are more pictures but I wouldnt like to hog them all.
Reg to his forum to see em and download em when they are ready.
Sorry if this is a noobish question, but where can I download the armour (and possibly fwp's helmet) from? Seperately or part of a Silgrad Tower (version please) it doesn't matter but I'd prefer just the armour.

Thanks!

PS: The are some SERIOUSLY talented people on this site and VABG is one of them.
Naaah I'm not that talanted Blush (and sorry for the late reply)... I've been doing 3D modelling for at least 4 years now. And as I said in the PM i sent to you Lyrian, I'll probably upload the armor to planetelderscrolls some time soon (when I remember to). If Felix allows it I'll upload the helmet with it. It will only be available as a modders recource though.

Seniosh: I've been wondering for a while... are there any final names yet? Just felt like I need to know if I'm going to upload it. Otherwise I'll just use "Morag Tong Armor" or something like that.

I'm going to send a little update for the armor too in just a little while (I've been thinking about doing it for over a month Tongue). What it does is make the helmet work better with the armor (it's probably only in the notasmuchstuff-version).

Felix got an idea about putting a part of his helmet on the armor so that they would fit better together and make the skinning better for the helmet so that's what I'm going to do.

I remembered that I haven't actually got all of the helmet so I can't really check if they fit together atm... so I'll have to get in touch with Felix and get the helmet before I can do this and test it (might have to make some minor retexturing to make them fit together a bit more).

I could also try to make the normal map for the armor a bit nicer while I'm on it. We'll see.
You know what? I think we'll go with Aegis of the Assassin for the worse one, and Aegis of the Elite for the best one. Seems to be the two names we came to a consensus on, and i like em. Sorry for the delay, hope it's not too late.
The Armour looks fantastic great job !!!

Seniosh, good to see you back PM me when you get a chance we need to discuss this and also Dumac

Enjoy
Bob
Okay... so I tried doing the gauntlet or whatever they're called today. I thought the first result was very good. But this was before I had to deal with the fact that it had to be on the arm. That is the first picture (in high-poly).

Then I also had to push it onto the arm. That's when it got like the second picture. In the concept the arms are thin and so are the gauntlets. Since the gauntlets, that are possible for me to do, don't fit with that concept at all (and never will) I've decided that, since there are some gauntlets already in the game that will work fine (think it was leather or something), to not make a model for this.

If waalx armor has gauntlets that aren't connected to the rest of the armor those could be used instead. The model I've made is as close to concept as I can get it and if the concept isn't working then it's just as well to use something else. I'm going to do the "invaders mask" now as I said I would quite some time ago so you can look forward to that instead (hopefully)
After never really getting to uploading the armor I felt that it was due to the fact that I actually saw/see it slightly as a failure. With my current skills in planning a model it would look a whole lot better and have much better skinning. I, for some reason I hardly can understand myself, can't get myself to actually upload it. It is actually very difficult for me to even leave it as it is and not force myself to do a new one (a thing I don't really want to do).

Leaving my minor psycological problems aside, this means that the armor will only be released as it is, and only in Silgrad Tower for completely personal reasons.

I'm sorry and I apologize to the one/ones who wanted to try it, but I get stubborn when it comes to certain things, this is one of them. This also means that this little project is over. Damn, this post was negativity at a high level Smile

Have a nice day! Big Grin
All i can say is that it was a pretty damn good failure, and i can't wait to see any future projects. If you ever do feel inspired to remake the armor, i don't think it'd be a problem to replace the old one, but you're under no pressure from me.

And i can't say i mind it being a Silgrad exclusive Big Grin
I think most modellers are prone to that feeling, the feeling of "If I only knew back then what I know now that model would have looked much better". Half the time I drop something of mine in the world window I get the urge to switch to Max and remodel it, knowing I can make it look so much better. Sometimes I yield to the urge, but I try to restrain myself because I really don't want to spend another six months doing nothing but modelling since there's so much modding work to be done. I want to finish modding Soluthis for one and then work on the road network around the city and then work on the landscape and then... well you ge the idea, I can't spend another half a year in max Big Grin

Having said that I never thought there was anything wrong with your armor at all, it's one of the coolest suits of armor I've ever seen :goodjob:

And thankyou so much for the exclusivitivity Smile
I don't mind it being an anywhre exclusive, just as long as I can dl it. Big Grin
SO this will only be available from Silgrad Tower webstie, right? But does that mean in the Silgrad Tower big mod thing, or as a sepeartae download? I'm sorry for all the noobish questions, I just really want this armour. If you could post a link to download or whatever, I would be very happy.

Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19