Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Morag Tong Assassin Armor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Thanks! But the day was somewhat normal, if you take away a birthday cake, some money and some minor presents. To celebrate my birthday I'm going to actually start doing the small modifications and the female version so that I can send it in soon instead of just slacking around. I might even start doing the eeehm.... gauntlets?.... for the armor...

One thing I've noticed is that the name of the armor is somewhat long... "Morag Tong Assassin Armor" and if I'm going to add different versions they'll have different names right? What was the MTA Helmet called in Morrowind?
It was just called the "Morag Tong Helm". So I guess you could just take out Assassin, save you three syllables! :bananarock:
Well... I've sent the armors away on a journey now... to Razorwing...
There are 2 different versions with both male and female models and they look... okay, dot dot dot ...

There is clipping in the models. The armor is actually looking quite good now...

SCREENIES!
[Image: th_MTA2v2s3.jpg] [Image: th_MTA2v2s2.jpg] [Image: th_MTA2v2s1.jpg]

The _gnd is at the moment just a simple retexture... I'll do that sometime in the future when I feel like it. Sorry for being slightly selfish. Shellfish. When school start again I might get the pace up again since I won't be sleeping 50% of the time.

The armor had to take the slots or the upper body, lower body and the feet and the "Desert"-version (original) had to hide the amulets.

The most annoying clipping is the one when you have weapons on your back... it goes through that clothy thing I've put around the model and even more when you sneak Sad

Anyhow... now there's only the gauntlets left (more or less) since fwp_coder has already done the helmet(i think it should be somewhat done)... and I'll do them after I've added a black suit to the game to train my skills at modelling and skinning before trying to make a gauntlet.
Sweet, so i assume this'll be added to the ESM and assets soon? It was well-worth the wait i'd say. Can't wait to replace the placeholder leather armors with a proper custom-made morag tong armor.

Y'all better prepare to be assassinated by dudes in awesome armor.

And it doesn't matter much that 2-handed weapons clip, i've never seen an assassin with a claymore (indeed, cause i've equipped most of them with short/long 1-handed swords)
Ok, so i'm hooking the armor up as we speak, in the Silgrad MT esp. My one question is what exactly did you intend for the two different versions. Was there a specific use for each version that you had in mind? The first version seems more elaborate, so i was thinking that it could be the "better" armor for high-level assassins, while the second version was more basic, and so would be given to low-leveled assassins.

Just wanted to know what you intended for the two versions. Though i'm adding it in now, it won't be merged for some time, so i can change it around.

One more thing- anyone got a better name than "Morag Tong Armor"? The name just doesn't do the armor justice.
The second version just well... I just felt like having a version without all the extra things that are not as necessary when you're not in morrowind. If there was a visual difference between different ranks that would be a bit... stupid right? You know... with the dark brotherhood and all... but I had no plan when I did it... I'm not good with such things... use the armors freely.

I could perhaps make a more... lets see... ceremonial armor... that could be used for those with very high ranks... but that might take some time since I'm going to finish another thing (or two) first and then make the gauntlets.
Nah, you don't need to make another armor.

I think it works just fine that there's a distinction between high-ranking and low-ranking assassins. For one thing, it means that players get an armor upgrade when they get a good ways into the questline.

The DB would probably be able to tell the leaders anyways, and as they're all assassins, the guys wearing the more snazzy armor are capable of defending themselves. (the leader of the silgrad guildhall is lvl 40, he can take care of himself)

If you didn't have any particular reason for it, i think it works just fine as i put it. If you really want to make ceremonial armor i won't stop you, but don't make it priority by any means.

I'd say a higher priority would be making the armor look less awkward with Khajiit. Their tails just kinda stick through the back, and though it doesn't look awful, it's a bit funny. I've avoided the problem by keeping the armor off the one khajiit in the tong, but if you want to take a look at it, and figure some way to have a tail coming out that makes sense without destroying the armor, go ahead. Perhaps look at the stock robes?

Oh yeah, and on another note, anybody thought of a good name for the armor??
if you're going to have them seperated by rank perhaps you could also have them named by rank? So for example, the lower ranked set called something like "Padfoot's Robes" (i know thats a TG rank but I couldn't remeber and MT ones..) and the higher ranked one called something like "Executioner's Cloak"?

just a thought,

Edd
I could do that, i was thinking of just slapping an "elite" on the better one. Except none of the Morag Tong levels are very impressive-sounding. Who wants to wear associate's armor? Thrall's armor? Blind Thrall's armor? eh, it just doesn't sound very scary or awesome.

I was thinking more along the lines of a synonym for armor, or any word that describes what VABG has made. Robe isn't quite right, Neither is cloak, shroud was used by the DB, it isn't chain mail, plate mail, scale mail, email, it's more than a curiass, i wouldn't call it a suit

I'm afraid i'm quite picky, but keep those brains churning. Out there lurks the perfect word to describe this! (but knowing me i'll give up and call them robes of the associate)
Seniosh, about the khajiitproblem. All robes in oblivion are split in two for 2 reasons: 1. It's possible to get better result in skinning 2. to make room for tails. I have no idea at all on what to do with my armor since it isn't at all like the robes. And if I did a remodel I would have to redo alot of the skinning and that is the one thing I really, really, really don't want to do.

Couldn't the Khajiit just tuck the tail into the armor? It isn't that thick I mean... As long as it isn't an argonian it could perhaps look allright...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19