Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Morag Tong Assassin Armor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Shame how lazy Bethesda can get sometimes eh? Sometimes i've got to wonder how good oblivion would've been if it was made by modders...

Then i look at the 20 or so LOTR TCs and get shunted back to reality.

At any rate, looks like this'll be done soon, and i can't wait to have it available from your nearest assassin. We don't need bethesda to give us Morag Tong armor.
I've been a bit worried about the fact that it doesn't look too much like an armor. So after the completion of the model I think that I should make a partial/full retexture of it with more leather. Otherwise you could just say that the armor is underneath the clothes to fool others but well... throw in your opinions!

It will be red/a bit red leather btw...
I think it's just leather armor with some magical properties made for stealth chars.
Hmm... i'd say a combination of Netch leather, draped cloth, with assumed armor underneath. With a lot of loose cloth you can definitely get away with saying the armor's underneath, or that the heavy cloth is magickal, or it's effective on it's own.

If it's less cloth, as your models, then a retex might be in order to make it look more leathery. Prehaps you could steal some textures from felix? I think netch leather's the way to look here.

So i'd say the two things to do are make it
1) a combination of more cloth and some odd bits or armor
2) retex what's there to make it look more leathery

It's up to you really. Just a small guideline would also make it look rugged. Something that could survive a hike through an ashstorm, Not neccessarily polished, but something that works.

And either way, i'd highly suggest stealing some netch leather textures.
Well, since my current problem is finding a way to attach loose cloth with some logic in it it may take some time before I'll be able to do something that could be accepted. I just now got an idea of how it could be done actually... gonna draw a bit after this has been posted.

I've got a very large texture with leather that's actually very old and it's probably been out in the sun for more summers than myself. It should look great for making the armor look like it's been used alot, so no need to steal Wink
For you, its free Tongue
[Image: Armornomoreclothes3.jpg]
[Image: Armornomoreclothes2.jpg]
[Image: Armornomoreclothes.jpg]

Okay... I've now added a large piece of cloth and it now feels like there should be no more of that, so... you could say that the main model is done and now only the final stages are left.

I'll start with optimizing the model. After I've removed all the non-visible parts and modified a bit I'm probably going to check the triangle count and based on that add more details or none.

After that's done I'm going to do the skinning and, if needed, edit the model a bit for the skinning to look good and work. I don't know if it's the heat, but it feels like this is going to be a long day......... .. . Confusedigh:

I fixed my bike! Woohoo! No more walking to school! Big Grin

Anyhow... the weather is forcing me to be outside so the day will only be long after the sun is down.
Hmm, see now i like the front more, but the back looks a bit weird, with the 3-split cloth.

It's hard to explain... I think we've been poking you too much already, and tried to morph what you were doing, resulting in a sort of strange mash-up. See, your original model was only roughly based off of the concept, which looked more functional, was mainly a robe-type armor with lots of cool bits and bobs on it.

Your model was more of a tight-fitting piece of clothing to be truthful, and i think it looked pretty good, just not like the concept. Then we suggested more cloth, tried to tell you what to do with your armor, and it seems weird.

I think you may want to get rid of the cloth you added. If you want to make it look more like the concept, i'd say make the robe the main piece, instead of trying to smash them together.

I'll now bow out, and let you decide what to do with your models. Suggestions can help, but sometimes you've just got to stick to one course or the other, because a half-way between course looks weird.

Of course this is just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt
No need to worry... since the trianglecount got out around only 13k there is room for details that will make it look logical and better... and it looks a whole lot better now (at least in 3ds max).

I'm going to add some straps, pockets, something and something to the armor. It should look good after that... I've also thought about having some kind of holder for weapons you put on your back... not that goes around the weapon though... just something underneath. Ah, well... you'll understand sometime tomorrow.... hopefully.

Okay... tomorrow is now when I'm writing this... the date has been changed to the day after tomorrow (tomorrow is today) since I had to clean my room and redecorate. And the redecoration forced me to change my speaker configuration and welll... the thing I want to say is that it took all day. Anyhow... it should be done at least within next week. I really suck at planning stuff Sad
Alright, i'll let you work. I have faith in you, and i'm sure that the embellished model will look great
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19