Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Xae's OST Contributions (BM Soundtrack)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Yeah, sure, go ahead and include the link to my channel. The music is there to be shared, after all.

The image is a BM-version of this, as I'm sure you've noticed. I wanted something new and PR-friendly to use for the videos but I suppose it could have other uses as well. It comes in a handy and simple template form.

And I'm glad you like the music, of course. It's been fun bringing out the shakahuachi (the airy flute that more or less dominates Swaleheart's Moon from roughly 45 seconds in) as it's become one of my favourite instruments.
I noticed the copyright Bethesda notice on that image - what is the copyright status of mods?
That's an interesting point...very interesting. And I'd like to look into it further...though I fear we may get distracted from Xae's work here. I'll set up a new thread on 'The Sticky Guar' just out of interest.

Edit - @ Xae - Btw, I hope you don't mind me updating our Bethesda thread with your youtube link which I've just done...? I can't imagine you refusing anyway.... =)

It looks like our friend RichardRocket has already commented: http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/to...__15977549 .
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Edit - @ Xae - Btw, I hope you don't mind me updating our Bethesda thread with your youtube link which I've just done...? I can't imagine you refusing anyway.... =)
Yeah, sure. You might also want to consider updating the OP. It still sports the link to my previous website (xaeaix.com). You should redirect it to my YouTube channel instead, and maybe rewrite the text as it's not really that experimental anymore.
Damnedest thing....the forums seem to refuse me permission to edit my own posts even though I can see I'm logged in...?!? I'll try again later.
The Soulrest 1 soundtrack sounds good to me!

I had a question about your Blackmarsh songs, Xaeaix (and maybe same question directed at Ibsen as well):

Do the songs need to be able to loop seamlessly? Or does Oblivion play one song, and then start a new song when the previous song finishes? Sorry for the newb-like questions about Oblivion music. I know I could just start a game and walk around to see how the music acts, but in case I don't get round to doing that soon, I post the question here.

I think combat music needs to loop, tbh, because the player might find themselves in combat longer than the combat song naturally lasts.

Koniption
It tends to go to the next track in a randomised list. They follow on from one another.

Nice minimalist tune, Xae! :goodjob:
Oblivion uses a set of playlists for different circumstances. One for public (when in town), one for exploring (when out in the wilderness and similar areas), one for dungeons (including ruins, mines etc) and one for battle. As long as you stay in any given situation the game will keep playing songs from the list consecutively.

What I'm looking at for BM, in case we go for OBSE, is a plugin that completely overrides the engine music and gives full control of it to the scripter. It allows one to create new playlists without restriction and assign them to exterior and interior zones. Among with some other general enhancements for the music, it basically gives us the option to assign music freely.
Just as an update on that issue, I feel pretty much settled on the OBSE dependency debate. It's potential uses are potentially very ground-breaking and the list of uses is growing. I'll have a word with Deeza about this on the relevant thread sometime but my mind is pretty much settled on the matter...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23