Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Xae's OST Contributions (BM Soundtrack)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Update. The score is on the verge of pushing 50 minutes in length, and will in all likelihood go past an hour before it's completed.

As for the music, I'm finishing up a jungle explore piece, Swaleheart, and there are a few more in progress which will be uploaded in due time.

On another note, from what I can gather from the map (from this thread), there are only three walled settlements in the beta region; Gideon, Soulrest and Stormhold. If this is incorrect, please correct me.

Now, since music implementation has to be done by cell (as far as I know), all the small dot settlements, the non-walled ones, will have the music of whatever region they belong to, just like every city in Morrowind. Though, I suppose it'd be possible to create trigger zones around every public area to make the public music play whenever the player enters a certain plot of land but that seems like unnecessary work for something quite trivial.

Hence, Gideon, Soulrest and Stormhold will most likely get their own themes, since there are so few cities. Also because Soulrest really warrants its own music, as unique as it is, and I seem to recall someone mentioning that Gideon is rather creepy in a subtle way, something which is interesting to portray using music.
That's all correct, Xae. We'll have more regions developed but it will not be possible to go very far into them. They're mainly just there for show in terms of the beta version. However, they will be fully available in any future, more developed versions of BM as they're currently in development. Also beyond the beta, of course, will be the cities of Helstrom, Blackrose, Lilmoth, Archon and Thorn.
An hour? Fantastic! I can't think of any other mod (for Oblivion at least) that can boast of that...
Ooops! I forgot to mention on the bsa thread that I was hoping to get a sound bsa archive sorted out soon as well. Hopefully, we can get some of the music and sound set up as a separate download. We also have a fair amount of unique creature sounds from Waalx and others that aren't configured in the esm yet. When everything is completely ready, I'll submit a separate esm that includes all of the sound files and one with vanilla sounds. It'll give people the option of whether they want to include the extra files seeing as sound files take up a big chunk of memory.
Sounds like a good plan. I think people will like the customisable element of it.
Update.

Swaleheart's Moon. Jungle explore.

Marshland Warrior. Battle.

Acting On Instinct. Battle.

These are also available on YouTube now. I figure it's a slightly more interesting and more PR-friendly way of listening.

The picture used in the videos is attached to this post, in case anyone's curious.
They all sound good to me! I took the time to listen to all three tracks.

Man, we're gonna have so much music in this mod - it's exciting to think about.

Koniption
Really, really good, Xae!

I checked out all the tracks I could see on YouTube: 3 explores & 2 battles - it's a nice set. I especially like the drum-and-pipe combination - it's really distinctive.

I don't use YouTube much - is there a way you could present the set as a playlist or an album or similar?
Thanks, to the both of you. Yeah, we'll have more music than vanilla Oblivion does.

I put the songs in a playlist on my YouTube channel.
Beautiful stuff, Xae! Yes, I'm glad we have that distinctive sound coming through. BM really needed it, methinks. And I really like the loading screen image too. The little lizard on the logo looks great. :goodjob:

When I update our Bethesda thread, I'll provide a link to your youtube channel, if that's okay with you...?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23