Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Xae's OST Contributions (BM Soundtrack)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Unfortunate, but I can definitely understand your decision. This sounds like it's going to be more difficult than we'd anticipated.
The likes of SACarrow and others at ST have more experience in this area than most. From what I remember, I believe the whole business of getting sound working was fairly complicated....but do-able. We'll have to look into it.
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
The likes of SACarrow and others at ST have more experience in this area than most. From what I remember, I believe the whole business of getting sound working was fairly complicated....but do-able. We'll have to look into it.

I can try to help as well, IG.

I have downloaded the available MP3's for Blackmarsh from Xaeiax's website. But I couldn't find two of the songs to download (they are each about 24 seconds long; short songs):

"Sovereign" (success song)

"Victim" (death song)

@ Xaeaix: I went to the website wiki tutorial that you linked to, and looked at the sample script that was posted there - there was a major scripting error in that script that might have tripped you up if you didn't catch it beforehand:

There is no "cellsoundstarted" variable..instead, it's supposed to say :

if cellMusicStarted == 0

Maybe that is the reason you got all those errors in your game, somehow?

Koniption
You're a bit of a saint, Kp.

I didn't realise that "The sample code included in this article is based on a tested and working solution" was just a particularly unfunny joke by whoever wrote the article. Hence, I mistakenly assumed that the script was in working condition. I'll slip in your fix and check it out. It would be quite comfortable if I could put together the scripts myself so here's hoping.

Oh, and I'll add the death and success songs, they slipped my mind. Also, on that note, I was working on this yesterday but when I listened to it today it just felt somehow wrong and I could use some input to pinpoint why. How about a quick poll on whether or not I should continue with it.
I vote yes, continue with it. I think the difficulty you're having may be in the mix between the orchestral elements and the flute/drums. Personally, I think the flute/drums are pretty sweet here. Maybe if you switched some of the string parts with flute parts then it may just carry along with greater consistency.
Sad to say it but no, the fix didn't help. Half of Soulrest still disappears and no music plays. The console spams "playlist failed to initialize" and that's about it.
Bugger! X(
Quote:Originally posted by Xaeaix
Sad to say it but no, the fix didn't help. Half of Soulrest still disappears and no music plays. The console spams "playlist failed to initialize" and that's about it.

Dang... Say Xaeaix, can you send me any esps and the WIPz scripts you used in trying to get the music to work?

I would like to take a look at them, and see if I can spot anything weird. That way, you can take a breather, while I do more troubleshooting.

Koniption
The script is called "BlackMarshOSTPlayScript" I think.

I'm hoping I made some mega-obvious beginner mistake.
Quote:Originally posted by Xaeaix
The script is called "BlackMarshOSTPlayScript" I think.

I'm hoping I made some mega-obvious beginner mistake.

Ok, I got the file. Will look at it as time permits. Thanks!

Koniption
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23