Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Xae's OST Contributions (BM Soundtrack)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
I've been thinking about that. As of right now, I think I'm leaning against it, since the vanilla Oblivion intro doesn't fit with a jungle setting at all. If we were to include our own intro videos, replacing "Oblivion" with "Black Marsh" and some fitting scenery, then it'd probably work well.
That could work. What sort of thing did you have in mind?
The video editing and encoding to bink is not a problem. My only concern is that the main menu may not be XML-driven. If it is, I can replace the persistent TESIV: Oblivion logo (the one visible during the map loop) and have free reign with both the intro movie and the looped movie. If not, there'll have to be some concessions.

I've an endless endless stream of ideas for this.
The only mod I know that has its own bink videos was the Gates to Aesgaard episode 2. This should be good... :yes:
That really sounds great. I hope it's possible to pull off.
Ok, I've confirmed what I earlier thought, that the main menu is indeed XML-driven just like the in-game HUD. This means that in combination with creating new bink videos, I'll be able to fully modify the main menu and create a unique Black Marsh opening for the mod.

Since so many players are using some kind of UI mod, most likely DarN's, someone with some keen knowledge of *.esp's will have to chime in on compatibility. From what I understand, if two mods modify the same file, it's the one loaded first/last (can't remember which) that takes priority, and if the other mod doesn't have anything else relying on that particular change, there's not a conflict. If this is the case, modifying the main menu shouldn't be a problem since I can't think of anything in the actual game that'd depend on the main menu being a particular way. But like mentioned, I don't know much about this, so someone else will have to chime in, on this issue and on the option of containing all these modifications inside its own *.esp (with a concomitant *.bsa, if necessary) so players can switch it on and off freely.

If anyone has any particular ideas, I'll be glad to listen to them. In any case, I'll probably show up with something in due time.
Quote:Originally posted by Xaeaix
Soulrest 2 - Scarlet Cavalier. That'll be it for Soulrest.

Stormhold 1 - Saint of Storms. This one ended up a bit different than I had originally intended.
Fantastic work!

Both of those reminded me of the Age of Empire games, which can't be a bad thing. I spotted some unusual harmonic movement, too, which made the tracks all the more interesting. I'll have to go back and listen to some of the others, it's been a while since I wandered into this thread.
Thank you, nick_op. That's always nice to hear.
RE: the UI stuff you mention above Xae, I seem to remember that Lost Spires had some kind of unique opening screen. That was an earlier version however and it was later scrapped because I think it did something like overwrite the Bethesda logo or something and people thought it was a bit cheeky. Anyway, yes, I believe others have succeeded in some form or another with this. I'm sure that with your superb 2D skills, you'd be able to produce something seriously impressive. :yes:
Ok, I've been looking into getting some scripts started for the music but with no luck at all. Following several guides and examples, such as this, yielded half of Soulrest disappearing, Oblivion not starting at all or instant crashes.

I just don't have the time to hunt down all these issues and figure out what is and what isn't working. Someone with scripting and/or relevant CS knowledge will have to do this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23