Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Xae's OST Contributions (BM Soundtrack)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Simple...tribal...effective and one of my favourites for its sheer suitability! :goodjob:
Ibsen saved me from double-posting. I thought I might also quickly link a recent experiment. It struck me that it might be a direction for the hist dimension, since it's weird and otherworld-esque. Vilekin.
I liked "A Wary Visit", very nicely done for tribal interiors. "Vilekin" seems appropriate for the Hist Dimension..I kind of jumped at the sudden louder notes towards the end of the track, lol, took me by surprise and wasn't expecting that.

Koniption
Very high quality....albeit with one criticism: you don't make enough of those stark notes at the end. On KP's modding list are some items that should help to make sense of those stark notes when you see what the bulk of the landscape is composed of. Might I suggest a choral sequence that builds a little in intensity in combination with those notes...?
The coming months until next year I will be juggling half a dozen projects all at once. With any luck, I'll be free from one or two of them before January but in any case, I may have to cut into my allotted BM-time here and there. I'll be working on finishing the set of Soulrest signs next and there's not many of them left.

I've changed "jungle" to "wildwoods" in the soundtrack list. This is temporary and just for my own sense of structuring. Given the decision to use OBSE and the cell naming convention I'll be composing separately for each region instead of by locale style. Hence, "wildwoods" will probably be changed to whatever region Pholmolo lies in.

Regarding the battle music, I've been wondering about my decision to use a quite melodic and dramatic style. I may feel the need to delegate these to boss battles and write new, more subtle and marshy ones.

@nick_op: Indeed. I like how he responds to the criticisms of parallel fifths and octaves, that bit about the fifths doubling on organs.

@IG: I'll keep the choral sequence in mind, and I'll make good use of the stark notes. In case anyone's interested, it's a piano doubled unison with a zither, which gives it that modulated sound.
Quote:Originally posted by Xae
...whatever region Pholmolo lies in...
That's the Naga-Cradle Jungle.

Quote:Originally posted by Xae
@IG: I'll keep the choral sequence in mind, and I'll make good use of the stark notes. In case anyone's interested, it's a piano doubled unison with a zither, which gives it that modulated sound.
I hope I identified the right bit there. Anyway, it's the spooky sound towards the end....sounds a bit like the start of the theme tune to 'Six Feet Under': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAe0qwg9Yw .

Here's hoping you have time to spend time with us over here. If I can get some more landscaping and region generation issues out of the way, I'll have time to spend on quests and storylines which I'd appreciate your input on. =)

Btw, if you have any of those sign meshes ready then I can include them in the new archive update that I'll be uploading very, very soon. I'll be needing to do this to make sure we can perform the final procedure in the Murkwood region generation.
Yeah, you got it right. I'm actually glad that the notes came off as stark, since that was the intention.

I'm very interested in the writing side of BM so I'll definitely be allotting time for that. By the looks of it, I'm making much better progress than I expected with one of the other projects. So, any time you're ready to get that wiki going, let me know and I'll gladly join in.

The sign textures as they currently stand have all been published and added to the Establishment Signs thread. I still have a few more to go for the full Soulrest set. Once I've presented versions for all of the Soulrest signs I'd like a quick yay-nay from you on what works and what could be improved. Once they're all good, they can be added.

Given the recent serendipity in my work, I might be able to get first versions of all the Soulrest textures done by Monday.
:goodjob: The signs so far are all great, as far as I'm concerned!
A piece for Soulrest interior(s) here plus some minor structuring. Yes, I've edited the OP over 120 times.
That little melancholy wind sound is great... :goodjob:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23