Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: RA's works in progress.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Oh, okay. Its cool.
No hurry is what I meant to say, not now hurry.lol. Big Grin
Here are some pics of some interior lanterns I am making for Kielanai. I'm about half way through, so if there is an INTERIOR lantern (outside and carryable will be later) you would like, just post a pic.

This first shot is of the "off" versions in a lit room. The off versions don't have a flame attached to the candle and the shoji paper does not glow. The paper has an alpha so you can almost see thru it.

[Image: LanternsDay01.jpg]

The second shot is the "on" versions. I turned off the actual light the lanterns put out so you can see the glow in complete darkness. (you set the amount of light they project in the editor) These have a lit candle and the glow applied to the paper. The last one on the right is showing an enlarged example of what can be done with an alpha channel (for those who didn't know). The bamboo part is more transparent than the rest.

[Image: LanternsNight01.jpg]
They are wonderful, RA!!! :jump: They are exactly what I was thinking of for inside! I will definitely have to learn how to do that script now!

Are there any number that you prefer me to set aside for Akavir Project only? Or is it okay to use all of them in Kojima? (Everything in Kojima is open to project use, but I want to make sure I'm not using anything in Kojima that is restricted to project.)
I'm not sure how to answer the question about Akavir only use. As far as the lanterns go, I suspect that will be considered a shared resource. I also think that the individual modellers also have some input on their creations and whether they are Akavir only or not.

Its also a fact that as you develop these resources in Kojima, you are learning how they work, which will really help when we get closer to getting Akavir off the ground.
In fact, just yesterday I was making some new dishes and realized I have no true "cup" for the player to purchase. I have been using a bowl mesh that looks most like a Japanese and then shrink it to half size for a cup. If the player picks it up and drops it again, it will maintain original size set as a cup. But when I make the trader shop, I have no real cup for the player to purchase. So, I spent some time yesterday looking through all game models for dishes and pulled out the mesh shapes that look most familiar to me as Japanese/Chinese. (I'm not too familiar with other Asian styles.) Now that I know which game models best reflect Asian shapes, I know which ones would be better for Kojima and Akavir mods. (But I still need a very tiny bowl shape half-size of normal bowl to be a purchaseable cup. If the player buys a cup from the trader, the PC will receive a bowl same size as all other bowls.) :| Also, some Asian bowls, like rice bowls or donburi bowls, have stems under them. I found a game mesh that makes a good donburi size (large for rice, egg, and meat cuts). But again have to shrink that down to make a good, stemmed rice bowl. Same goes for hashi (chopsticks). Do you know that my hashi are actually large farm house beams retextured and shrunk? They stay in place nicely being static like that, but they can't be bought or sold. Same goes for some of my shodou supplies -- like the rectangle-shaped inkwell where the charcoal stick is ground into pigment. Player won't be able to purchase any clutter that was made from resized items. If I had not been making Kojima into a village, I would not have realized the need for separate models for smaller or larger items.

Another thing I found in building Kojima is that decorative statues are limited to gods, deadric princes, and city models. After a while I feel like ... every house has the same dragon statue, or every house has only a god statue. So, variety in statues would be nice, if possible. I was really wanting three in particular -- a lion (shishi), a fish (like a curled koi), and an Asian dragon (long and skinny). Two would be nice for variety on Kojima, but a big place like Akavir is going to need a lot more statues of Akaviri dragons, Tsaesci, Tang Mo, monsters, wildlife, or even some statues of people or people in meditation to the gods or something. Statues can be used as house charms, interior decoration, fountain pieces, garden displays, shrine guardians, etc. Another "statue" that you see around shrines or historic places is a large flat monolith type rock that has had kanji engraved in it. So, ... these needs for models come to me as I work on Kojima and realize ... "I wish I had ..." I am happy with one, but Akavir will need soooo much more.

Also, I am not making full sets of anything for Kojima -- only what is needed for particular cell. But for Akavir, I can make complete sets of dishes and furniture etc. Or if you like a particular pattern, but want it on a different mesh, that will make a unique item, too. And another good thing that has come of my working on Kojima is I realize how organized my future files need to be. It gets messy having something labeled as three different things because I used it three different ways, ... when it's really only one mesh. A big project like Akavir will definitely need a predetermined system of labels to make it easier to find things. I guess Kojima is kind of like an appetizer for Akavir. So, I would be willing to use only one mesh. I can retexture for Kojima, if I need variety. In fact I can retexture for Kojima completely if that is desired so these more "authentic" looking lamps can be for Akavir only. But that way the rest can be saved for Akavir only, if that is desired.

I also learned neat tricks recently like using a fusuma as a container can give the illusion of having a closet with a sliding door, yet the door doesn't actually move. Using a tapestry model as a scroll allows me to create a kanji signpost or door curtain on a shop. ^_^ Putting a spell enchantment script on an ordinary desk can give a bookshop owner the ability to write and sell magic scrolls. And my FAVORITE ... putting static weapons on racks keeps them IN-PLACE and makes the racks actually look like they are begin used ... and then using that rack as a container allows weapons to really be kept in it!! No more weapons flying and falling off of racks! And no more wasted game time trying to get one single lousy bow to stay put up on display! :banana:These are useful tricks I will remember for Akavir. :yes: We should put all those lovely katana Corthian is making on the walls as statics to show them off! Then, store the real ones in rack containers. In fact a simple "beam" style katana holder for floor and wall are needed models. I have been placing single wooden beams -- very tedious when one full model would be nicer. Anyway, I am pretty pleased with those creative ideas for storage space and display. Cool I am going to try many more "unusual" model and game category combinations.

Another model to check on -- Japanese-style quivers. I tried to retexture some arrows for Kojima and was disgusted that only weird shape or rectangle boxes were in the game. Japanese quivers are long and narrow like a tube, and made from natural designs, like bamboo. So, my arrows don't look anything like Japanese. I decided to pass them off as "fantasy", ... perhaps made of jade since they are from the glass arrow set. Confusedhrug: Jade arrow and bows ...? Jade weapons ...? Mine will be nothing like Corthian's, of course, but they will do for Kojima and if anyone can improve on the idea for Akavir, great.

I will keep you busy with needed model ideas as long as I am working on Kojima, ne. Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Kielanai
In fact, just yesterday I was making some new dishes and realized I have no true "cup" for the player to purchase. I have been using a bowl mesh that looks most like a Japanese and then shrink it to half size for a cup. If the player picks it up and drops it again, it will maintain original size set as a cup. But when I make the trader shop, I have no real cup for the player to purchase. So, I spent some time yesterday looking through all game models for dishes and pulled out the mesh shapes that look most familiar to me as Japanese/Chinese. (I'm not too familiar with other Asian styles.) Now that I know which game models best reflect Asian shapes, I know which ones would be better for Kojima and Akavir mods. (But I still need a very tiny bowl shape half-size of normal bowl to be a purchaseable cup. If the player buys a cup from the trader, the PC will receive a bowl same size as all other bowls.) :| {---}Jade arrow and bows ...? Jade weapons ...? Mine will be nothing like Corthian's, of course, but they will do for Kojima and if anyone can improve on the idea for Akavir, great.

I will keep you busy with needed model ideas as long as I am working on Kojima, ne. Big Grin

Those are excellent examples regarding learning as you go and how it will also benefit Akavir. Corthian and RA together will probably be able to pull off what you need too. The work you are doing on Kojima will also help Akavir to look truly authentic to itself. This is wonderful.
You can use all these lanterns I am currently making. I will add some that will be specific for Akavir later on. What are the mon(s) we are using for Akavir. I'll be sure to add mons to all the style of lanterns I make for Akavir.

Bowls and cups, just post pics of the shapes and sizes you need. I can those done fairly fast and I'll place a smiple texture so you can retuxture easier.

I made and released a staute pack awhile back. It had a fox and a lion along with lots of stone lanterns. Do you want me to upload it again?
Kiku is a crysanthemum. I'll try to get some pictures together for the cups and bowls. I could do without the stem pieces, but a basic small cup would be nice. I took some more pictures of my real dishes to experiment with, too, so maybe some new patterns -- that would be seven dish patterns altogether if the new ones work.

I have one file of stone lanterns from you but I don't remember statues being in it. I'll check again and let you know. I really liked the lanterns, but didn't know what was Akavir only, so I haven't done anything with them yet.

And actually, Akavir will be better than Kojima. Big Grin Kojima is more like a "beta". I test ideas and learn the CS, so by the time we start claims in Akavir, I will know better what I'm doing.

Edit:

I took lots of screenshots of dishware this time and put the link for updates in my thread. The dish meshes already in the game that I feel have the most potential for shrinking/copying as cups are:

upper silver bowl 2
middle bowls 1 and 2
lower bowls 1 and 2
lower pewter vase

Generally, the stemmed vase is fine for donburi, as is. But shrunk to normal size could be used for laquered rice bowls, and shrunk further to half-size could be used for tea (supposing they still stand upright and don't roll).

Bowls used for eating soups have no decorative lip and more narrow than wide. ... Because here we drink soup directly from the bowl, rather than using a spoon. A bowl with a lip would be messy. ^_^ Some dishes, like raamen, are eaten with a Chinese ceramic spoon. (Ceramic spoons and rice paddles would be other good ideas for Akavir clutter to replace Imperial items.)

Sake cups can rather flat and broad, ... a little like saucers, or they can be even smaller versions of the "bowl" teacups.

Bowls used for pouring soy sauce or other dipping sauces are about the same size as a tea cup, but not as deep.

And the last use for a bowl is to enlarge it for food serving or washing basin. The game already has large bowls and buckets that can be retextured for those purposes. So, mainly "bowl" teacups/saucecups are needed as separate smaller meshes if the player is to decorate his own table.

Looking at bowls made me also consider plates. Traditional Japanese meals are set on a variety of tiny dishes. Only certain (often foreign) foods are eaten on big plates -- like curry rice. I can shrink plates like I did cups for Kojima, but having small dishes that can be bought, sold, and moved around for decorating PC house would be preferred for Akavir. And something the game does not have ... squre/rectangle plates, or plates with natural shapes like a fish or leaf. Game has only round plates, but Asian ones have more variety in shape.

So, there's a little more about clutter to consider for the project. ^_^ And here's a sampling. Check the link in my progress thread if you want to see more of how I pattern and size bowls for many purposes. I forgot to check files for statues, so I'll do that tomorrow. I'm bone tired right now and melting in a heat wave.) :p

[Image: DishesBookstore.jpg]

[Image: DishesBarracks2.jpg]
Okay- Finished the rest of the interior lanterns. Kielanai, I PM'd you the download link. Some of the models below are not completely mine. I took parts from her models. Please give credit to her as well when you release these.

Off versions
[Image: Lanterns3.jpg]

On versions
[Image: Lanterns4.jpg]
So, did you test the Animation pack yet?
If so, did you like it, was it what you were looking for?

Cool lamps, it'll look nice in game. :goodjob:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33