Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: RA's works in progress.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
I hope nothing bad happened to him Sad
I am not sure if we will ever hear from him again, he never e-mailed me back.
We never got his much needed models...
;(
Hello

My name is Noelle and I am a friend of Kristan (ra5946).
Several months ago his mom became very ill and he is living in Norway.
I am taking care of his house and dogs and he just told me about this site. Sorry, it took me forever to figure this stuff out. He doesn't have pc access at his parents house and they live in a very remote area so there isn't any Starbucks or anything. He is not sure when he will be able to come back so he told me that I should "upload" models or something. I only use a pc for work and email so I don't know how to do this. He said he can try to give Kodama FTP access to his pc and he can upload a bunch a files at once...I don't know what that means, sorry.

I'll need help from you people and I can talk on the phone to Kristan to get this worked out.

Talk to you soon

Thanks,

Noelle
Hi Noelle, thanks for letting us know what happened to Kristan, I was worried about him, it's great to hear he's okay.

I will get straight to the point now, I have no idea what "FTP access" is (if anyone on this fora knows, please let me know).

Please give my regards to Kristan when you talk to him on the phone or something.

Thanks again Smile

EDIT: I have used Google to find out what FTP access is, I found something about it here: http://pages.sbcglobal.net/stljeffrey/accssftp.html
I still have to figure it out though.
I'm techie enough to handle that, I think. I've also offered Noelle my Yahoo account (and its massive space available) to send his stuff.

Obviously, this needs your approval first, Kodama (or Ysne I imagine; some Akaviri Core member. Smile)

Just tryin' to help,
Steve
Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
I'm techie enough to handle that, I think. I've also offered Noelle my Yahoo account (and its massive space available) to send his stuff.

Obviously, this needs your approval first, Kodama (or Ysne I imagine; some Akaviri Core member. Smile)

Just tryin' to help,
Steve

Please help us out SACarrow, thanks :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:
You have my permission too. FTP is short for file transfer protocal. It's a method of transfering information over the web. It may be an abreviation for something else too, my fog is pretty bad this last couple of days.
I talked to Kristan a little and he tried to explain FTP to me and I don't think I will be able to figure it out. Right now I'm uploading the files to 'sharebigfile' and I will post the links in your inbox Kodama and SACarrow. There are 7 files and the first one is instructions.

Let me know if there are problems.
Thank you for the follow up Noelle. I am really glad to know that Kristan is all right.

EDIT By Kodama, I fixed the name Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33