Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: RA's works in progress.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Helmet # 2 should not have a throat guard, it just does'nt look right.

Ra, could you make the lames of the throat guard a little bit wider? Like this one: LINK (the lames should be just a little bit wider then the mask).

Also, to reduce the amount of polys on the masked version of the helmet, the helmet cord could look like the one shown on this armor: LINK (the cord on the maskless helmets must stay the wat the are now).

Sorry if that means a lot of extra work for you, i hope you don't mind Blush

EDIT: i downloaded the file, i can't get it in-game but at least it's safely backed up now.
EDIT AGAIN: My first link is not working for some reason, but here is another example: THROAT GUARD
EDIT YET AGAIN: I fixed the first link, damn... i keep editing this post Big Grin
No it's not a problem, its a lot easier to fix now than after we rig it Wink

Okay let me get this straight-

1.no throat guards on faceless helmets
2.make the throat guard wider on all four versions
3. change the cord on the helmet #1 (get rid of knot and dangle parts?)
I like the knot and the dangle parts...
Quote:Originally posted by ra5946
1.no throat guards on faceless helmets
That's right, it's because the throat guard is connected to the chin of the mask.
So the second helmet from the left would need to have the plates behind the knot removed, that's all there is to it.
3. change the cord on the helmet #1 (get rid of knot and dangle parts?)
Yes, so the helmet cord stays, but the knot and the dangling ends of the cord should be removed on the first helmet (i think this will reduce the amount of polys a lot).
But, i think it would be a good idea to keep a backup of the original helmet with the knot intact, so we can decide what version of the helmet we can use in-game (so that means we will get five versions of the helmet instead of four).
2.make the throat guard wider on all four versions
That would be three versions, not four, because only the first and third helmet have a mask, and with the first helmet kept intact as a backup, it would make three helmet versions with a throat guard Wink
(The mask and the throat guard should be thought of as one piece of armor... no mask means no throat armor).

I hope i did not confuse you Rolleyes
Here ya go- another zip with 5 versions. I did not repackage the texutres so use the ones from before

New helmets
Ok, i got it :check:

Now the helmets need to be rigged, Corthian, can you give it a try?

EDIT: Corthian, you should really check you PM inbox sometimes Wink
Okay, Kielanai doen't have any models for me to do so would you like me to just start texturing some 3D Chaya models or make something new? I don't really want to make armor (or anything that needs rigging) since I can't rig.
Well, we still need some Tang-Mo houses, nothing fancy, mostly simple huts, maybe you are willing to do that for us?

As for a Japanese model, i would really like to have a "yu-dame", it's a very large tool used for making bows, sort of like an "anvil" but it looks completely different.
I can't find any pics on the internet, so i will have to get a picture of it on my computer before i can show you how it looks like.
It's not a matter of willing, because I really want to mod, I just don't have near the time and since my current pc can't run Oblivion, it's hard to test things. Okay, huts. I assume something similar to this-
[Image: photo-04.jpg]

Should the walls be stucco/mud or wood? I can probably also do retextures on some of the nord homes if you think they are a good fit.

Yeah, post some pics of that tool and I'll do that for sure.

Last night I had an hour or so so I textured one of 3D Chayas models.
This is his pic not mine, but this is the model
[Image: boukasuisou00.gif]

I see it in lots of my Japanese period movies and I know what it's for, but I don't now what to call it. Anyone got a pic of a real one?
Is a water holding place for putting out fires. It's called "boukasuisou". And good luck trying to find a picture of that kind. "Bouka" means "fire prevention". "Suisou" means "water tank". So the images that pop up are modern -- concrete or part of fire truck or buried in ground, etc. I tried looking for Edo period boukasuisou, but still no luck. You can try and see what you find, using the words together or separate. If your computer can read Japanese, kanji is 2k4? . But not even doing kanji search showed anything like that model for me. Maybe you will have better luck.

As for the minka, wood. Modern ones may use other materials, but the old ones are wood, mostly dark brown with light brown trim. Shouji doors, of course, would be white washi paper -- they are like windows because light can pass through the paper. Real buildings are sealed with wood storm doors, though when weather is bad, so either all wood or wood/shouji is good for authentic look.

Edit: "W
Edit2: Dame da. This board doesn't like kanji. Gomen. :ppp
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33