Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: RA's works in progress.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
I did a Google search, and all i got was the Chaya model Big Grin

This is what it said: "3d chaya download_m00OBJ, 4.00 KB. DXF, 8.00 KB. 3DS, 8.00 KB. Boukasuisou(Fire prevention tank)." It actually says the name and what it's used for, i can't believe you missed that Ra Tongue

Ok, i was supposed to get you a picture of the tool today, but i forgot :eek:

As for the hut models, i was thinking about huts made almost completely of bamboo, they should stand on bamboo poles high enough to walk under the hut.
Here is a good pic:
[Image: yfpinkhut.jpg]
And another hut:
[Image: bamboo-hut1.jpg]
And another bamboo hut, i think you got the idea now Wink
[Image: accom02.jpg]
Yeah, I saw the name but I was hoping it went by another name as well because i couldn't find a single pic of it. I just queud up one of my DVD's and textured it like that.

I'll start working on the huts as soon as I can. I'm just gonna finish up a noodle stand and sushi stand I started (Chaya models) Hey Kielanai, do you have a pic of what the noodle stands look like from behind? My movies only show them from the front. Here's what I'm talking about-
[Image: yatai00.gif][Image: yatai01_sobaya00.gif]

Also if any of the clothes are done and rigged I'll gladly do retuxtures of them so we can have a large variety. You can email me the link to get them if you would like.

Should I just upload my things as I finish or wait till I get a bunch?
Wait to get a bunch, but please back up everything, so if your computer chrashes the files will be safe.

I would really like to see some retextured clothing, we just can't have enough clothing.
You will need to have Corthian's latest kimono models for that.

I have scanned the picture of the Yu-dame, so i can show it whenever you want to start modelling it :check:
That's about all there is to it. Hehe. :yes: There are a few differences, depending on if the stand is temporary or permanent.

In temporary stands, the front is where food is prepared and purchased. The back is where food supply is stacked. A place for sale person to sit is in middle. Small roof covers front and back, but often that is not enough so other covers are used to protect in bad weather. I would leave back open and just stack food crates and barrels there, or maybe use a straw or bamboo canopy if you want extra shelter in back. There are usually no places to sit and eat if the stand is small. Larger stands may provide a bench or some chairs, or a covered table, but only sometimes. There are usually no trash cans provided unless it is a very, very big festival expecting visitors from all over. You are expected to be responsible for your trash and take it home (or turn the dishes back in to be washed).

In a permanent stand, the only real difference is that the back is enclosed like a booth with a door, but back is still used for storage. Preparation is still always in the front. And there still may not be sitting places unless it is more like a restaurant. Even then, most are small with only a bar and couple of tables.

Here is a picture I took at Hirosaki food court during a winter festival to get an idea, though it is modern. There were no places to sit, so after this picture, I remember having to sit down at the base of a snow sculpture to eat my takoyaki, but then I walked around warming my hands with my hot tea while I drank it. (It's generally considered rude to walk while eating or drinking, but it's okay to do this during festivals when almost everyone is eating and drinking for the occasion.) People often sit on street curb, ground, or just stand, although I have had a stand owner offer me a chair if there was no other business.

I hope that helps. ^_^

[Image: MatsuriTabemono.jpg]
Thanks Kielanai- that does help

I've finished the 'fire prevention' model and made 4 texture versions of that and I got them havoked.
I decided to go ahead and make a clutter object out of the buckets used in this model. The buckets are havoked and can be set down flat, but you can also pick them up and use them as a weapon. I got my Oblivion to work again and I was testing out the buckets in Bravil and I attacked a citizen with a bucket. The whole town (6 or 7 npc's) ran over and picked up the buckets and started beating me with them- it was very funny looking.

I'll start on the huts this week
Okay- I worked on the huts you wanted Kodama. I used a bruma house and made my own textures and replaced the posts with new bamboo posts. I haven't made the stairs yet, but here's a screen shot of one house almost completed.

[Image: house.jpg]

[Image: house2.jpg]
Hey, that looks pretty good :goodjob:
:lmao: Reminds me of one of the karaoke/comedy shows on TV that likes to dump a lot of water on the singer for "special effect" and end up almost drowning him.

I like the huts. ^_^ Look very nice for that style.
Those huts on stilts look fantastic.
Since 'The Void' is at a standstill I'll have a few models to give to you guys. I have several torri gates, each with two texture versions, so that should be covered. I also have a bamboo speeedtree (sways in the wind). I'll have to make sure it's okay to use since Mirrored worked on it as well.

It's still a couple weeks before I get my new PC and my current one crashed bad. I updated it and now have a decent working computer (I just finished installing wndows and updates last night). I'll install 3D max tonight and try to get more stilt houses done.

I'll knock those out and give another attempt at rigging so Corithian doesn't have all the weight on his shoulders for that. (maybe he'll make a video of his whole process so I can watch it frame by frame and understand- Wink )
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33