Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: RA's works in progress.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Quote:Originally posted by exilehunter
EDIT: Here's most of the process- http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind..._materials

Awesome- I thought I had seen a post about it, but for the life me I could not find it on the wilki. Thank you exilehunter :goodjob:
Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Just a question - how many Akaviri buildings are finished now in total?

Do you mean in this little town or all in total?

There are about 10 different ones in this town.
I made 3 bamboo huts and maybe one other house so far.

I finished texturing all the town models last night so I'll begin vertex shading and collision on them to get them in game
I was thinking of in total. I was just wondering how large a reservoir of resources the project had.
nice buildings, ra. Do we have a chapel + graveyard too?
(not the vanilla chapel and graveyard though, more Japanse-like)
nice work mate
Quote:Originally posted by Shiver-Tail
nice buildings, ra. Do we have a chapel + graveyard too?
(not the vanilla chapel and graveyard though, more Japanse-like)

No, but that is something I personally want and I'm sure we would eventually use for a later version of an Akavir mod.

I could make a temple if everyone agrees it will fit- yes/no?

Graveyard will be easy but I would like a height map to work with first.

Sorry I'm horrible about lore, but is there an Akavir race? Or was Akavir just a region?

Just kinda wondering why Akavir has always had an "Asian" look, even in Morrowind. Was that something people just made up?

Why would the Imperial outpost look this way unless someone else built it? Should we just use Imperial Oblivion structures for the port?
Collision is going slow....Lots of poly to reduce and such.

On the upside, I finally learned how to rig! Still trying to "fine-tune" weight painting, but at least we can add new armor or clothes.
You make a very good point, actually.

The port should be Imperial, because it was built by colonists.

But there will be an Akaviri village on the island as well. However, the concept for that was more Polynesian than Asian. Your structures, as I understand it, will most likely be used in later parts of the mod done after this island.

To answer your other questions:

Akavir has always been vaguely asian ever since it was first mentioned in Arena's guidebook. They have katanas and other japanese-style weapons, and build japanese-style pagodas like Cloud Ruler Temple in Oblivion.

Akavir has three races, all of which have already been finished:
The Tsaesci, who are parasitic snake men and vaguely japanese
The Tang Mo, who are monkey-men and vaguely polynesian
The Ka Po Tun, who are tiger-men and vaguely indian the last I heard
We can use RA's structures on the island for the village and the port. It is the abandoned fort that will most definitely be Tamrielic. We could even have a mixture of Tamrielic/Akavir architecture. After 400 years, some of the buildings would have worn out/been destroyed by weather, etc.

It sounds like you are making real progress RA.
Just giving an update-

While we're waiting for the heightmap to get sorted out, I've continued with modeling. I've made quite a few new clothes and I've finished one new creature (kappa) and almost done with a second (kirin). I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33