Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: RA's works in progress.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Quote:Originally posted by ra5946
Do we need fruit trees, persimmons, plums?
Also, do we need flowers? Are there lotus blossoms already in the game?

Yes, fruit trees would be nice to have :yes:
White Lotus blossoms are already in the game, but maybe we could have a black lotus? Big Grin

Kodama- speedtree is very cool but it has it's limitations. It makes a tree trunk like a cone. The mangrove kinda has an upside 'funnel' shape.
It wouldn't look as cool as your pics. I'll do the best I can and post the pics to see if we wanna use them or not. I can make a nice looking tree in 3dmax, but it won't blow in the wind. Thoughts?

I am now painfully aware of speedtree's limitations Tongue
But let's see how the speedtree tea mangrove will work out.
Hmmm... this is a long shot, but would it be possible to make the lowest part (roots) of the tree in 3ds-max, and the rest with speedtree?
Then i would have to manually place the root models underneath the speedtrees in the CS ^_^* (talk about desperate huh?) :lol:

The most important things right now are:
1. The mining resources (because Beremat could use them for the mines he will be making soon).
2. Speedtrees (we need these a lot).
3. Boats/ships (because i hate empty harbors).
4. Houses/castles (yes, very important, but we have a lot of Japanese stuff already, would you be willing to make some architecture of other cultures?).
5. Decorations (windchimes, rain chains will make our world come to life).
6. Armor (this and the rest are low priority right now).
7. Furniture
8. Weapons

I can make armor, clothes and creature models, but if we don't have anyone to rig them, it's kind of a wate of time. It sucks because I already have dozens of models that need to be rigged Sad

Yeah, it's too bad Corthian has resigned, i guess we will have to find some one else in the BC community who can rig for us.
Here are some faces with a few new hair styles I made. You can change the color and they are conforming. The Kappa is also in there.
This is in the CS so the lighting is showing the hair strands as well as in game will be.

[Image: Faces.jpg]
Oh man! Real samurai top knots! I love it! :goodjob:

The kappa and the other hair are also awesome! =)
The kappa are cute. Big Grin Everything looks great, Ra!

The long hair will cause clipping problems, as my PC has long hair and I'm frequently annoyed by that. However, I have a wig mod from Alien Slof that helps a little, and if you can figure out how it works, that might help. It's "physiqued" so that it sticks to the back, rather than jutting out. The PC turns her head and the only hair that turns with her is what's at her neck and head. The hair on her back and shoulders doesn't move. It sounds unnatural, but it's actually very nice to not have stiff chunk of long hair poke through obi. The higher collars on Corthians new meshes will clip through any hair from the neck down, but the obi clipping can be dealt with by keeping it mid-back length and physiqued. But sorry I don't know how this is done. Sad
Notice anything new in this picture Kodama?

[Image: Kabuto01.jpg]
.... Is it the bow? ?(

Big Grin

Damn the kabuto looks sweet! :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:
From what i can see in this picture, the lace looks a bit small, i think the kabuto would look even better if the lace was bigger.
(it would be awsome if we also had Ii Naomasa's kabuto & Kato Kiyomasa's kabuto) Cool

Ii Naomasa's helmet is a must have (also because this helmet is extreemly common).
It's a very large picture, so here is a link: LINK
This is really, really nice work.
Sorry for the lack of updates-

I've been trying to make the coconut palm and I'm having the hardest time trying to get the transparency on the leaves to work right. I sent the files to Razorwing so he'll have some advice for me.

I also sent my faces/hair and some trees to Kielanai but haven't seen her on in a little while.
Thats impressive work RA. Smile
Ok Ra.

I was planning to put our trees in a resource pack for the BC, Silgrad Tower & The Unique Landscapes Project to use, i believe this will benefit everyone.
Could you make a Spruce speedtree? This one: LINK
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33