Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: New Modders Start Here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
I stumbled across this thread and if you guys are still recruiting i will be happy to apply.

My Skills Include : Creativity, writing, limited modding skills (resource finder, texturing and learning scripting) lore, graphic art and general computer skills. Big Grin
Welcome! We can always use help, in all of those areas. At the moment we're in the middle of a bit of a reorganisation, so if you're looking to make a village, you might have to wait a bit.

But if writing's your thing, we could use some new books - check out this thread:
Deeza's Big Ol' Black Marsh Literature List
Pretty much all of our Black Marsh lore is collected there.

You've picked a good time to arrive - once we get our new claim system started up, I think that things are going to really start moving around here!
Welcome, welcome! Please, take a seat! :p
Welcome!!

Have fun mate! =)
Welcome ciao_gamer!

Bring your friends! =) We're looking pretty lively at the moment and hoping to get going with renewed energies on the beta release.
Argonia, as a province, fascinates me. Argonians also happen to be my favourite race. I would be happy to help you with any of the provincial mods, though I have no experience dealing with meshes and 3D models, etc.

My only experience is in web design (which is relatively useless in this situation) and in basic CS stuff. I still hope I can be of use - I'd be happy to help with lore, concept art and playtesting.
Welcome! We can always use help, in any area. At the moment we are doing region generation, but if you don't know how to do that, after that there will be plenty of landscaping, interior cells to be made, and dungeons to be done.

For now, there are plenty of concept art threads - take a look and see what you fancy.
Welcome to us!
Smile
Excellent, another recruit!

Indeed. Concept art is very much on the go at the moment. Our first region will be generated very soon after new year so we're a little restricted on what we can do up until that point. After that, there will landscaping to do which is fairly time-consuming but I find it quite relaxing and enjoyable too...plus it's very easy to learn.

However, I was nonetheless told to try out dungeon modding as a first taste of the CS and used this list of tutorials: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind...ng_Started , starting with the dungeon one. Don't do what I did though and get carried away with modding a fab new dungeon. Your first efforts are bound to be a little poor and I just abandoned mine after a while. Just concentrate on learning how to manipulate things. Thereafter, the likes of landscaping is easy, especially when you have a region generated which we will have soon.

I'm focusing on establishing the features of the next region right now (a jungle) and there is a bit of modelling and concept artistry going on. Feel free to ask any questions.

....and welcome to Black Marsh! :goodjob:
I can't remember if we contacted Kevin Cook (possibly also known as dittomagnet, as this appears to be who uploaded the file in question on tesnexus). He created The Black Marsh: Swampmoth Island and he was first on my list of recruits. Did anyone else contact him?

This is just a prelude to the next phase of Black Marsh revival where I hope that the first region will be done, claims can be submitted and people recruited to work on them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41