Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: New Modders Start Here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Oh I see. Sorry I not been about as been occupied with life but should be fine for this weekend.

Just having a look now what I could do.
Hello there! Apo again, all ready to go. :3

I PMed IG on the official forums but just incase anyone else wants to see (I'm a fan of just in case x3) here are some screens of what I've done recently/have screens of:

[Image: screenshot18cs.th.png]
[Image: screenshot17c.th.png]
[Image: leyamanor235.th.png]
[Image: leyamanor229.th.png]
[Image: screenshot47y.th.png]
[Image: screenshot42f.th.png]

I'll check out the links you posted in th very first post of the thread, but if I need to know anything else, go on and shout it at me xD I look forward to working with y'all!
Very nice work, Apollyna! :yes:

Given that the region is quite impoverished in many places, our own interiors tend to be less plush but there should be plenty of variety depending on what you would like to work on. I'll go check out your other posts elsewhere but I can offer you a wider choice from what's currently available in the interiors claims if you'd like to try out different things.
I just sent you a PM that should help you get started, APO. :goodjob:
Um IB f you are still looking for Quest writers I'd happily apply for the position as I love writing but am not such a good Lore writer. I can happily write a quest given to me or I can make a Quest from scratch. I am open to criticism and comment and changes. My dialogue might not be as astounding as most others but I can make up for it in story STRUCTURE.I can create characters from nothing or I can make a character based on someone like: "The King of BM might be one who says he will change alot! But never gets around to it as he is to busy telling people that he will do change. (Obama) Except he won't be the cause of an oil spill in the gulf of Mexico ." So I would really appreciate the position if you have any spots available.
Also: Are there counts or Dukes for the cities or none at all. I need to know for a quest I am writing.
Yours sincerely:
XXMagma5

P.S: My computer won't open up the esm or esp files. I downloaded a file cure thing but I have to put in a credit card number to register so I could change them. But I don't want my mum to go broke! So can you help me out here! I would like to mod if my graphics card lets me but if I can't I'll just write quests.

P.S.S: I won't be able to look at the mod once we are done as I have said before I have a bad graphics card so I can't get Oblivion for PC but I have it as 360. So I am really doing this for the enjoyment of being apart of something huge.

P.S.S.S: Will there be a main quest t this area of the mod like The Elsweyr Confederacy? If so I will put in a few ideas. If you don't want to as your too busy or something like that it's OK. But I just wanted to know.
Quote:Originally posted by XXMagma5
[...snip...]
P.S: My computer won't open up the esm or esp files. I downloaded a file cure thing but I have to put in a credit card number to register so I could change them. But I don't want my mum to go broke! So can you help me out here! I would like to mod if my graphics card lets me but if I can't I'll just write quests.

You need to have the Oblivion Construction Set ("CS" for short) to edit esp and esm files. And to run the CS, I think you also need to have Oblivion for PC installed on your computer, else the CS won't open/run.

Don't give out a credit card number to register something just to run the CS. The CS itself is free...but you have to buy Oblivion game for the PC to run it. For Blackmarsh, you also have to get the Oblivion expansion "Shivering Isles", since we use resources from that expansion in Blackmarsh mod.

Quote:P.S.S: I won't be able to look at the mod once we are done as I have said before I have a bad graphics card so I can't get Oblivion for PC but I have it as 360. So I am really doing this for the enjoyment of being apart of something huge.

Um, then I think you won't be able to mod for us. Sorry.

You can still write out quest ideas and post them on these forums, but someone else knowledgable in scripting quests will have to set up your quests in the Blackmarsh mod. Just research the "lore" of our mod and Blackmarsh province in general, so you can tie your quest stories somehow into Blackmarsh's lore/story/history.

Quote:P.S.S.S: Will there be a main quest t this area of the mod like The Elsweyr Confederacy? If so I will put in a few ideas. If you don't want to as your too busy or something like that it's OK. But I just wanted to know.

Yes, there will be a main quest. Ibsen knows more about the main quest than I do. He wants to keep the main quest as much a secret as possible from public mod players. Let Ibsen fill you in on this, himself.

Koniption
Ok thanks. I don't ind not modding i will probably stuff somin up if i try but oh well. I'll do some research on its history/geography/towns all that stuff to write my own quests. But I must know two thinhgs:
1:do you guys work or know the know the guys at Bethesda? Or are you doing this as a fun thing.
2:Are there Counts or Dukes in the cities? Or are there none at all?
OK Now i have not introduced myself as of yet so here goes:
Hello Im XXMagma5 and I will be writing quests. Nothing more as I cannot mod due to my PC's bad graphics card. I love writing and I know a fair bit about BM lore as it is my fave province.I know a lot bout the Hist tree. Their feud with Morrowind. and other things as such. I am as I call "A lore whore'. I am sorry that I cant mod 4 u guys but it is how the cookie crumbles. So if someone likes my quests they can take em and create em as I cant and I do not care about having recognition as i only wrote the thing. So feel free to say "Can I have tis quest" and remember it is first in best dress. I also know some mythology and all that stuff so yes.........So I am basically a writer who cant mod and i am a lore whore.
It's is great to be heard unlike on Facebook or sending Bethesda messages. I am happy to know I contributed in some way. Thank you to:

The CORE:

Leader - Tlo1048
Co-leader - TheGreyWizard
Elder - Llamaranger
Team Leader - Back2Murder
Team Leader - Senten
Team Leader - Morsyth

Modelling:

Leader - Llamaranger
Members -
Morsyth
TheGreyWizard
WIX
BusterWolF

Texturing:

Leader - Tlo1048
Members - Senten

Landscaping/World Building:

Leader - Aberneth
Members - Deeza

Lore:

Leader - Brian S

Quests/Scripts:
Leader - ?
Members - Deeza

General Modding:
Siegfried
Dave_91
Kodama
Mormacil
Back2Murder
Senten
Reaper
Grey_Magik

P.S: What is the Lore for? If it is making up Lore I'll be happy to oblige.
Quote:Originally posted by XXMagma5
Ok thanks. I don't ind not modding I will probably stuff somin up if I try but oh well. I'll do some research on its history/geography/towns all that stuff to write my own quests. But I must know two thinhgs:
1:do you guys work or know the know the guys at Bethesda? Or are you doing this as a fun thing.
2:Are there Counts or Dukes in the cities? Or are there none at all?

Answer to:

1) No - we don't work with nor know the Bethesda staff. We are making this mod as a hobby and as something fun for us to do on the side. We like to express our creativity this way. Also, we don't make money by making this mod (besides, it'd be illegal for us to take or make money off this mod, since it is based on an already copyrighted and claimed game engine that Bethesda owns).

2) I'm not sure. I know we have royalty and other types of high-ranking officials in some cities, so maybe. If you have a quest you want to write that involves Counts or Dukes, you can go ahead and write that quest using the term "Count" or "Duke" in it...but make sure that the quest is such, that "Count" or "Duke" can be switched out later with different higher-rank titles, just in case we don't have Counts of Dukes in Blackmarsh. (I'm not the lore monkey here at Blackmarsh; I'm just the modeler, so there is stuff I'm not sure about regarding the lore)

Quote:P.S: What is the Lore for? If it is making up Lore I'll be happy to oblige.

Lore is the made-up, pretend history of the world/dimensions that exist in The Elder Scrolls (TES). A lot of people, who grew up with TES:Arena, TES: Daggerfall, and especially TES:Morrowind...they all grew up loving and embracing the lore and storylines of The Elder Scrolls (which now includes TES: Oblivion, too). Many such people get upset or irked when others don't follow the lore in their mods or stories. It's just the way it is. There are "gaps" in the lore, where some things are not explained, or not explained fully in the original TES games. So we try to fill in those gaps ourselves, while still trying to follow the general lore theme as best we can. Here at Blackmarsh, we try our best follow the lore, but we also have to fill in a lot of "gaps" (in other words, make up stuff ourselves to fit in those gaps).

Koniption
Wow! That team list you posted up there is ancient! Are you aware of the OP (original post) of this thread though: Naming Codes ? This is a much more up-to-date team roster.

As I say to everyone coming to us as a writer. Do not expect to have any of your quests used at all. Everyone wants their story written. Some people actually sent ideas to professional authors about their stories that they want published. The answer is always no. You're in pretty much the same situation as you're asking someone to do the hard work as you dream up some nice stories and enjoy the fun parts. In theory, it might make sense but in reality, no one wants to mod a quest that someone else has written.

Therefore, learning to mod is often the only way. We always try to work with newbie modders who show a willingness to get things done but writers are ten-a-penny and you will get the same response from everyone that you speak to, bar none. Fortunately, modding is not hard and it's possible to pick things up fast. It can just be time-consuming.

I'd strongly urge you to learn modding first as you're coming to us with a set of skills that are very much down the pecking order, regardless of any ability you might have. Bits of writing that can go into books might be a good way of contributing whilst you're learning to mod. Otherwise, with quest modding being so complex and with you lacking the basic modding skills, the idea of you writing quests that will appear in BM is extremely unlikely unless they are absolute dynamite!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41