Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: New Modders Start Here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
I suppose here : Interiors
Yes, I can recommend one of the Stormhold houses such as this: NJRI0309 "Dulu Gra-Duluk's House" . These mostly come with vanilla assets already in place. This is because I decided it might be best to use the Interiors Strategy if we're under-staffed and have too many interiors. The idea is to use a copied vanilla interior to more easily re-arrange items, bring in custom items and generally give the whole thing a new, fresh character without some of the more tedious parts of the task. This only works with interiors that have an Imperial flavour though and we prefer to have interiors built from scratch where possible.

Argonian interiors are different. The Pholmolo interiors are going fast but this one is still open: NJRI0203 "PholmoloReed03" . The idea is to almost entirely use the custom assets here. What's easy about these interiors is that they're very, very small (although this can make a few things a little tricky, too). The claims for Hixinoag ( BWRS0102 "Hixinoag" (Claimed) ) are not posted but you can take any of the hut interiors that you see there. All of these should be pretty easy...let me know if you need any info on these if you're choosing them...
I've look over your project and it looks fantastic! I would love to be a part of the development of this truly epic mod. I can texture almost anything and I can put together a basic script if I need to. I have many ideas as to the overall atmosphere and "feel" of this new realm. (texture and mesh wise) I am fairly familiar with tamrielic lore as well. I hope I can help!

I already posted in the positions and sign-ups board, but it didn't look like it had been updated in a while.

Just point me in a direction and give me something to texture / re-texture.
We tend not to use 'positions and sign-ups' that much. There are a few threads that get a little confusing because this project has been led by a number of different people and some things get lost.

I will respond to your first post on that thread in detail though. In the meantime, please take care to read through the first post on this thread and choose a naming code for yourself on this thread: Naming Codes .
Howdy, my name is Zaneeba_slave, aka ZS (as my initials). I am a modeler and concept artist. I excel in creature creation. If you want me to create buildings, then yeah I can do that too. Whatever you want, I can accomplish! And I can do it fast! My texturing skills, though... are well... nonexistent. I know what you're thinking: "a Modeler who cant texture? I've never even heard of that!" Well, you did now. I just never got around to learning how. It is a skill I would like to learn, but there never was a tutorial that explained it in a way that made sense.

I also have a great imagination, if I may be so bold. Sorry if this sounds corny or arrogant, but I have always prided myself for my creativity.

I already posted in "positions and sign-ups", but IG told me to post here instead. So here I am, posting in here instead. I hope you can use me in the Mod, because I have been away from Modding for so long it would be nice to come back to it again.
No need for another intro, zaneeba_slave... =) . Initials ZS are granted. :check:

Regarding the buildings, I'm not sure when we'll have llamaranger and Shadowgame back but it may help to know that llamaranger was working on additional models for the city of Soulrest and Shadowgame was working on this: The Hist Temple . Either of them may be interested in having someone help them out. It's probably the case that they already have a set idea but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

I also just added this to the 'open claims': Open Model Claims . There's not many architecture claims left though. Although I had considered looking at what we might do for the capital city of Helstrom and for Murkwood, they're nonetheless outside of our beta region areas so there's no great need for them as yet....although you're welcome to start exploring the options...
Hey IG already knows me but I thought it would be more formal if I posted on here - I've already claimed some stuff (*gulp*) but I do interiors. And thats it. I've never tried quests, but it looks too much like jargon for my depleted attention span. Anyways.....INTERIORS!!

EDIT:oh yeah,I'm not that bad at writing - I'm sure I could help with Lore/Literature - see here (PS that site is currently closing down so that might be why you wont be able to view it + yes I know its FO3 but writing is writing XD)
Thanks for the intro. The best thing to do is to stay tuned, browse and apply yourself where you can, MC. Deeza is our lore expert so, besides myself, written work should be run by him first. Some people offer valuable contributions just by hanging around....although I favour those who get stuck in and stay up to date, of course. =)
Hello and greetings! I have returned! Big Grin is there anything I can do to help? I know I didn't do anything last time, and I apologize.
Hi Googlepox! Yes, I do appreciate being kept in the know. And yes, there's plenty to do. It depends on what you want to do, really. We still have plenty of interior claims with more on the way. However, JK and Doz's Russian BM team have been doing a great job on those lately. Anyway, interior claims are here: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/board.php?boardid=411&sid= .

We currently have three settlements being worked on. Deeza claimed Kangumabog (need an update on this one), but the city of Soulrest has been opened up to cluttering (although I'll need to add my own additions to it, first) whilst the village Kulu-Hees remains unclaimed (no claim for this but I can make one, if you're interested).

Landscaping and Dungeons are now increasingly needed. For landscaping, all of Darkmoor, the southern Parchlands and the upper parts of the Jungle need doing there. This involves adjusting textures, creating more varieties of trees and flora and adding the entrances to major locations, especially dungeons.

For dungeons, you can use the dead rootworm, Barsaebic ruin or mossy cave tileset to create a new dungeon. Just PM me with details on what traps and other features are available there. You don't really need a dungeon entrance as we're gradually adding them but plenty of entrances now exist and can be used.

I can't remember if you're a modeller but here are some open claims: Open Model Claims . There are a variety of other things available such as textures and so on that are mainly found here: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/board.php?boardid=237&sid= .

Nice to have you back! :goodjob:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41