Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Vvardenfell's Main quest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
so are we still going to have 4 main quest outcomes?
4 sides/endings as i recall

Redoran/Indoril/Dres
Hlaalu/Imperial
Telvanni/Betmeri/Ashlanders
Dagoth
I think that we're currently aiming at two significantly different outcomes for the Temple Alliance (Ordinators, Hlallu/Imperial Union/Nords, Redoran/Indoril/Dres, and Telvani/Betmeri/Ashlanders/Daedric Cultists) and for House Dagoth. Within the first ending there may be slight variations of outcome depending on what faction the PC chooses, but it's my understanding that we're currently trying to make them more or less different paths to the same overall conclusion. Like maybe different people are dead in the process, but all battles and take-overs occur in all versions.
So, it's really coming down to two different conclusions? Either the Temple Alliance wins, or House Dagoth does.
@venrir

well, i havn't been around for a few weeks (went to hong kong to visit family) so i may have missed the latest developments... but the last heard there would be four endings, one for each alliance (Temple, Triple, Telvanni, Dagoth)

so from my understanding of what you said (you should really use punctuation and paragraphs more, it's really hard to read massive bricks of text :yes: ) there is two basic endings:

one is the "normal" one that comes from one of the main three alliances, and varies slightly with your alliance choice

the other is the for house dagoth Big Grin

well is that right?
That's my current understanding. Of course, if you just decide not to play all the way though you can choose to leave Vvardenfell in chaos. Big Grin Anyway, KuKulzA's probably the one to answer this question with authority.
i think that this probably going to end up being the most plausible solution, however, i was really hoping for the abiltiy to (regardless of which alliance you choose) completly and utterly annihilating the rest of the opposition Big Grin
Same here, with of course a possible peaceful settlement, but I really don't want to be the one stuck with trying to make that all work, and I don't think that anyone else does either. Hence the current conception of endings.
yup :goodjob:

so...what are we thinking in terms of variations? i would say that the "losing" sides have to give some things up, gold, land, etc maybe?
I'm thinking maybe a few minor land areas, but again that could get complicated. Since a treaty must be hammered out with the oversight of the Temple before the final showdown between the new alliance and House Dagoth, I figured that the easiest way to cover our bases would be to return a lot of captured territory to the original owners (World War style).

But honestly, you're now getting into the details that haven't really been discussed at length. I'm not sure that we even have a real idea how we're going at this point. That's why I suggested starting by coming up with the ending and working backward and KuKulzA suggested figuring out how the House War starts and how Helseth could be involved. That's pretty well where we are right now, but I think the only important part for the Main Quest at this point is the basic plotline as it will probably be one of the latter quest-lines to be actually made due to its non-localized nature.
well i wouldn't worry too much about complications, you're at the end, theres nothing left to compicate Big Grin

and btw, eventually ALL the details have to be discussed at length and agreed upon, and there are plenty of "real ideas," the whole board is full of them :yes:

but yeah, the whole of the main quest is up to Kukluza... so we'll see
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22