Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Vvardenfell's Main quest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
BWAHAHA, my Telvanni/Daedric Cult takeover is commencing, but anyway :brew:.... The Telvanni and Daedric Cult forming together and having a Good Daedric Stance is a good idea

Telvanni
-------------
These guys, more than any other house, know what the Daedra are capable of. Even though I doubt they want to obey their former pawns, its a "Can't Beat'em, Join'em thing"

Daedric Cult
-----------------
This is easy, these guys are happy as hell that their lords and masters are coming home and want their (they think) right hand man position as soon as possible. Heck, its what I'd do
Quote:Originally posted by Vrenir
They are being persecuted and their gods have disappeared suddenly; they realize that they need help if they are to survive, hence the Telvani, the only group not really harmed by the Daedric invasion and not terribly hostile to the cults. Of course, this could lead to some in-fighting between the cultists and the Ashlanders, but that could be remedied after a couple of quests by making sure that the groups stay seperate within the alliance, you know "right hand not knowing what the left is doing" stuff.

you also forget... some of the betmer... such as the orcs, worship Malacath, and occasionally folks like Molag Bal and Mehrunes Dagon...
the other betmer probably also worship ancestors, nature, or w/e
the Ashlanders worship the Daedra... and also their ancestors...

and we know who Daedric CUlts worship...

there is more tying them together than the need to survive... a lot of them have the same religion Big Grin
...not so the Telvanni... but they don't care... and they are overall more powerful than the others singly and more apt to uniting them together to protect their interests on Vvardenfell
It occurred to me that we could streamline some of the factions by merging their questlines, as in working with these people is a prerequisite for working with those. In particular, I was thinking about the Temple / Ordinators / Vivec main quest. My imagination has been running wild with it for the last two or three hours, and I've got some good ideas, even some to tie-in the Boyant Armigers for some missions. With KaKulzA's blessing, I would like to officially claim the planning of this merged, or rather interconnected, questline. (Interconnected, because one flows into the next but there is no necessity for the PC to follow it all the way, and the Vivec especially could be switched out for a House war line up until near the end.)
I think this is a good idea of merging here

Redoran/Temple
----------------------
These guys have been known to be very strong supporters of each other. They will probally want the old ways of Morrowind to stay

Hlallu/Empire
-------------------
Growth and further Integration of modern society (BOOOO)

Telvanni/Daedric Cult
-----------------------------
Picking the winning side and saving your own but

Ordinator
-------------
Seriously, these guys are probally freelance now, no Alma at the reins

Sixth House
-----------------
Led Ku handle this one

Also, I wanna claim work on the Daedric Cult Faction Quests, but I'll have to talk to the Telvanni owner... about Sadrith Mora too
With KaKulzA's blessing, I would like to officially claim the planning of this merged, or rather interconnected, questline. (Interconnected, because one flows into the next but there is no necessity for the PC to follow it all the way, and the Vivec especially could be switched out for a House war line up until near the end.)

an Ordinator isn't a Buoyant Armiger... join one and your allies to the other... but not that close... friendly competition
Vrenir, this is for the mainquest right?
I hope you can clarify what you mean... in the context of the 3rd part: Great House War section of the MQuest

if you give your ideas, we can work out stuff and see what there is and what there isn't what id possible and what is not, etc. ...we need to make sure it is feasible...

this Great House War MQuest will be a big project in itself...
With KaKulzA's blessing, I would like to officially claim the planning of this merged, or rather interconnected, questline. (Interconnected, because one flows into the next but there is no necessity for the PC to follow it all the way, and the Vivec especially could be switched out for a House war line up until near the end.)

an Ordinator isn't a Buoyant Armiger... join one and your allies to the other... but not that close... friendly competition
Vrenir, this is for the mainquest right?
I hope you can clarify what you mean... in the context of the 3rd part: Great House War section of the MQuest

if you give your ideas, we can work out stuff and see what there is and what there isn't what id possible and what is not, etc. ...we need to make sure it is feasible...

this Great House War MQuest will be a big project in itself...
The Ordinators go with the Temple / Vivec because we are talking about Vvardenfell Ordinators, not Mournhold Ordinators. These are Vivec's men, not Alm's or Sotha's. Vivec is still alive, or we assume has been right up to the start of TESIV. Therefore, they are still loyal at this time, though they may have growing questions about their loyalties to a dying god.

I'm not sure if actually merging the Daedric cults, Ashlanders, or Betmeri with the Telvani is a good idea. For the final stages of their main quest branch yes, but I think that the alliance is too loose for the player to join all of them. Perhaps if he is primarily working for the Telvani, he would need to do some cross-over, but I don't see a loyal Ashlander needing to do Betmeri or cultist quests to advance in his storyline.

Also, I would think that the Imperial Legion (if they end up being joinable) should flow into the Hlallu questline, but not vice versa. If you go straight into Hlallu, then you bypass the Legion quests that help the Hlallu, or you do them on the side for fun.
Oi, the ordinators period are a bunch of no Allegience assholes people, face it, Vivec is dying (probally) and then there is no Figure head for them to... Wait, if Vivec Dies, won't the Ministry of truth come crashing down?

Oh, and toss in the Ashlanders as another(!) faction, they wouldn't join the Telvanni even though they commonly trade.
The Ordinators go with the Temple / Vivec because we are talking about Vvardenfell Ordinators, not Mournhold Ordinators. These are Vivec's men, not Alm's or Sotha's. Vivec is still alive, or we assume has been right up to the start of TESIV. Therefore, they are still loyal at this time, though they may have growing questions about their loyalties to a dying god.

I'm not sure if actually merging the Daedric cults, Ashlanders, or Betmeri with the Telvani is a good idea. For the final stages of their main quest branch yes, but I think that the alliance is too loose for the player to join all of them. Perhaps if he is primarily working for the Telvani, he would need to do some cross-over, but I don't see a loyal Ashlander needing to do Betmeri or cultist quests to advance in his storyline.

Also, I would think that the Imperial Legion (if they end up being joinable) should flow into the Hlallu questline, but not vice versa. If you go straight into Hlallu, then you bypass the Legion quests that help the Hlallu, or you do them on the side for fun.

I think Imperial Legion quests should cater towards aiding the Hlaalu, getting YOU fit for military service
the Nords will be their own, they will help Hlaalu but also have their own agenda of land, wine, women, and riches

The Telvanni Alliance will be looser and the factions will acknoledge each other but there may still be in-fighting... they will all be ready to fight together if the need arises, but if the need never arises they might just continue their uneasy truces... or decide to kill a few of each other

the Redoran, Dres, Indoril... they will be more centered around Redoran.... Indoril centered around helping Redoran, getting an influence in Vivec City and checking the Telvanni making sure the more aggressive Telvanni don't get too aggresive... this aggression may start on the mainland and the Telvanni-Indoril border might get a bit bloody... The Dres will try to sway the farmers in the Ascadian Isles to them or establish thei own famrs... the Hlaalu have a chance of competing with Dres not only in trade, but now also in agriculture thanks to the steady yield of the fertile Ascadian...

Sixth House are on their own....

Temple is their own... they have Buoyant Armigers and Ordinators at their disposal...
I think indirectly joining the Temple as an Ordinator or Buoyant Armiger is the best way..
maybe the 1st quest is to do the 7 Graces at the shrines, then after join the Temple you can start your Armiger or Ordinatory career
Harikari, I respectfully disagree, but have no idea how to argue with you. I think that the religion and religious alliegance of the Ordinators is more complex than you are giving credit to.

KuKulza, I will try to start outlining what I mean in a quest-by-quest format this weekend, probably on Sunday afternoon. In the meantime though, I was basically thinking that you can join the Temple before you close off Oblivion. After you do that, you can still join the Temple and do the same quests if you hadn't done them before, but you also open up the option of doing some quests tied in with the situation forming after the Daedric invasion. Meanwhile, Vivec (or his high priest) who has invited you to Vvardenfell, is encouraging you. Gradually, when you prove yourself through the Temple quests, they pull strings to get you into the Ordinator training program. Once this is complete, you do some jobs as an Ordinator and some side-quests for Vivec having to do with the coming war. Eventually, you become an Ordinator on special assignment from Vivec, with possibly a series of missions at Ghostgate working with the Armigers against the remnants of House Dagoth. Your main focus the entire time with Vivec is the House war and its prevention. After it is averted, you get a few mopping-up quests and a nice permanent position of some sort.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22