Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Vvardenfell's Main quest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Quote:Originally posted by batman
but yeah, the whole of the main quest is up to Kukluza... so we'll see

they say behind every great man, is a greater woman....

behind a great leader, is a great team.... Wink
Wait, that means we can bypass your authority and do whatever we want :brew: ?

Ok, new main quest. The scribs have gone insane and sided with the Daedra, after all the great houses have fallen under the great Scrib army, you, and your nix-hound friend homer, must use Keening and Sunder to strike down the heart of the Scrib queen, Akullulululululu. :lmao:

That sounds much better, I mean, who cares about the great houses when you can kill more scribs?
Akullulululululu is our only chance versus the cliffracers....
the scribs can paralye, the kwama warriors (relatives of the scrib) can beat the cliff racers while they are frozen
Big Grin
Not to spoil the light attitude and cliff-racer conspiracies, but...

I really like what we?ve come up with, but as many have pointed out, it?s a lot to try and tackle. That?s why I propose that we follow the pattern set by TESIII and do an add-on system. (Morrowind, Tribunal, Bloodmoon) Werewolves didn?t make it into the fist release, and we probably don?t need to put everything into our first one either. The current MQ structure even already has the important ingredients in place. Here?s how I see it.

RELEASE 1:

The basic game with the House War MQ. This should probably be done in several sub-releases (map with local quests, faction quests, and finally the House War quests)

RELEASE 2:

The Astronach Cult mini-MQ. Basically this should be a small release (not a lot of new features but some cool quest stuff to keep people interesting in us).

RELEASE 3:

The Temple/Sixth House MQ. This is the other big one. It would add the previously-unjoinable Ordinators, Armigers, and Crusaders. We could even make the Sixth House unjoinable in the earlier releases and then add it in for this.

Due to the linear nature of these stories and the partitioning of the MQ into these sections as put forth in the latest plan by KuKulzA, this makes a lot of sense to me. I mean each release already has a climax. It would help by putting some of the factions off until later, allowing us to focus on first things first. There should also be no problem with locals and NCPs, because all of the characters in common areas should already be there (the landscape shouldn?t change) and all we need to add is new dialogue and interaction. It also would allow for us to make three periodic releases instead of waiting for one huge mod and thus have time between each one to gain additional help and popularity, as well as time for plan refinement at each stage.
of course, the 1st release will include the Helseth conspiracy

release two might add some new creatures and abilities and such.... but mostly a new quest...

release three, yep, but I dunno about 6th House.... controversial, will need to be furthur discussed
Of course. I'm not sure about waiting on the Sixth House either. And Helseth has been established as part of the House War, so he definitely comes in the first release. I would try to put all major landscaping, NCPs, and abilities in the first release. We don't want people, places, and animals to just show up where the PC knows they didn't exist before unless there's a good in-game explanation (just things like now this person in the Armigers will give you quests or there's a hidden branch of this cave that wasn't discovered previously with something cool or devious in it). For example, I don't think that we should add the giant reptilian grazers in after the initial release, because it raises the obvious question of why they just suddenly showed up.
yeah.... later releases will be additions that make sense.... not changes to environment etc.
so if huge reptilian grazers are in, they must be in from the start... not put in as if an after thought

by the way, the current name for them is Altsassan....
except that is actually Mongolian for "wide-legged"... an insult towards women Big Grin
but, hey, these reptiles are wide-legged!
Nice in-joke. I've found that many fantasy/alien names are really descriptions in obscure foreign languages (or close derivations). For instance, in Star Trek, the word "Ferengi" (a little, gnomish, money-grubbing race) means "Westerner" in some Asian tongue.
Quote:Originally posted by Vrenir
Not to spoil the light attitude and cliff-racer conspiracies, but...

I really like what we?ve come up with, but as many have pointed out, it?s a lot to try and tackle. That?s why I propose that we follow the pattern set by TESIII and do an add-on system. (Morrowind, Tribunal, Bloodmoon) Werewolves didn?t make it into the fist release, and we probably don?t need to put everything into our first one either. The current MQ structure even already has the important ingredients in place. Here?s how I see it.

RELEASE 1:

The basic game with the House War MQ. This should probably be done in several sub-releases (map with local quests, faction quests, and finally the House War quests)

RELEASE 2:

The Astronach Cult mini-MQ. Basically this should be a small release (not a lot of new features but some cool quest stuff to keep people interesting in us).

RELEASE 3:

The Temple/Sixth House MQ. This is the other big one. It would add the previously-unjoinable Ordinators, Armigers, and Crusaders. We could even make the Sixth House unjoinable in the earlier releases and then add it in for this.

Due to the linear nature of these stories and the partitioning of the MQ into these sections as put forth in the latest plan by KuKulzA, this makes a lot of sense to me. I mean each release already has a climax. It would help by putting some of the factions off until later, allowing us to focus on first things first. There should also be no problem with locals and NCPs, because all of the characters in common areas should already be there (the landscape shouldn?t change) and all we need to add is new dialogue and interaction. It also would allow for us to make three periodic releases instead of waiting for one huge mod and thus have time between each one to gain additional help and popularity, as well as time for plan refinement at each stage.

Sounds Perfect but there is one you forgot.

Release 4:
Akulululululu Vs. the CliffRacers

But seriously, this sounds like a great idea, we can have the person finish the first main quest, and they will continue to explore, then we pop out another main quest and they start all over again, rexploring and discovering new things
so the game does not go dull or anything...
you explore and ya think you've basically done what you want...
then suddenly you hear of a conflict with the ebony in Caldera and then a Helseth conspiracy....
and then you think you have finished it... but you are tense about it all....
then the next time you visit a leader of your faction you are directed to a war room...
and you find that war has begun.... sweet
then you think you are th man and have finished it all...
but then an Atronach Cult and Oracle springs up and you find yourself fighting new enemies...
then you think... phew, that was tough....
and then the 6th House uprising and the Temple... Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22