Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Vvardenfell's Main quest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
*sigh* How many times must I say it? House Dagoth is very proud and arrogant... all native Dunmer are, but House Dagoth is a bit more so.
**double sigh** try really reading the books, then ask yourself are children arrogant before they are born???

In any group everyone is different, and Tongue look in the mirror, there are always rebels! And parenthood (especially with dark Elves who have so few children) changes people. Just sometimes they actually think about something other than their own pride.

If someone wants to mod the idea, the Quests might begin with:
option 1
the player being tasked to persuade a group of 'proto-rebels' to make the sacrifice for their children's sake;

option 2
the player is accused of being a 6th house agent, taken prisoner (now where have i heard that before?) and finds himself in a jail cell with 6th house members who are awaiting execution. They all talk about their children, and their hopes for the future and hopelessness.

Then they are all rescued, nd the quest might start from there...
If the "every group is different" thing like that was true, there wouldn't be nearly as many ancient Dunmer traditions around as there were in TES3. :/

Plus... you can't have a Temple vs. Sixth House thing. Just Temple or Sixth House. And the Sixth House will suck because rebuilding just plain sucks. Especially in comparison to the Temple questline.
Hmm. How about, if you feel like being an ass and kill Vivec to trap his soul, the Ministry of Truth comes crashing down? Big Grin
that is a stupid ideaBig Grin... plus the enchantment is if the Dunmer people stop loving the Tribunal then it crashes down, Vivec can be dead but people can still love him.... but only for so long... only for so many generations.....
I just thought it'd be funny when...
"(Inside the Palace of Vivec) You have trapped a soul
*BOOM!*"
The Trial of Vivec.

Not official lore canon, but... it shows a lot about Vivec. Reminds me of Lorkhan in ways. (Somehow, I think the events that occured at the Trial were at Azura's whim, as she always causes history to repeat itself, and this could be a repetition of when Lorkhan attempted to achieve CHIM.)
Quote:Originally posted by Axen
The Trial of Vivec.

Not official lore canon, but... it shows a lot about Vivec. Reminds me of Lorkhan in ways. (Somehow, I think the events that occured at the Trial were at Azura's whim, as she always causes history to repeat itself, and this could be a repetition of when Lorkhan attempted to achieve CHIM.)
well Azura and another Daedric Prince are of the twilight... they can manipulate shadows of things...
as Azura did bring back a shadow of Nerevar within a new soul... she brought him back, but only a shadow of himself...

also on Lorkhan... I think that he unintentionally lures people (like Dwemer, Tribunal and Dagoth Ur) into basking in his power, but also using his power, in some cases by making him a body... therefore perhaps it is one of his wishes to have a body... bu tthen again him with all his avatars and variations... does he even need a body? certainly he is more powerful as an unseen force guiding and shaping the fortunes of Nirn, a plane that is him, Lorkhan, and that is stronger and freer than Oblivion
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
Quote:Originally posted by Axen
The Trial of Vivec.

well Azura and another Daedric Prince are of the twilight... they can manipulate shadows of things...
as Azura did bring back a shadow of Nerevar within a new soul... she brought him back, but only a shadow of himself...

also on Lorkhan... I think that he unintentionally lures people (like Dwemer, Tribunal and Dagoth Ur) into basking in his power, but also using his power, in some cases by making him a body... therefore perhaps it is one of his wishes to have a body... bu tthen again him with all his avatars and variations... does he even need a body? certainly he is more powerful as an unseen force guiding and shaping the fortunes of Nirn, a plane that is him, Lorkhan, and that is stronger and freer than Oblivion
I believe Lorkhan's body IS the world. If he still wanted a body, he'd let the Dwemer or the Sixth House continue building their golems.
His spirit may be asundered from his body (and his heart), and he's trying to reunite with them and successfully complete CHIM. Though, his asundered spirit could be further asundered into his many avatars, and he's trying to "destroy" (absorb?) all of them until but one remains, and then he can try to make himself whole again.
One theory I have is that, when Lorkhan attempted to follow the path of CHIM and failed, aspects of him got trapped in everyone (especially in those who would hold power), and so he has to make all of them achieve CHIM to reclaim that lost portion of himself (Talos may have been split apart from Lorkhan after he ascended, perhaps the same thing could have happened to Vivec after his revenge?)... man, lots of work for him to do. Of course, it's only a theory, and one I came up with in an hour, and it doesn't hold up very well.

Hmm... everyone says Vivec is two halves, but I think he may be three thirds... Vehk (mortal), Vehk (god), and perhaps Lorkhan? (Just speculation, nothing more.)

-------

Now, it'd be an interesting conclusion to our storyline to have Vivec do something unlawful like this, (and, hell, maybe the Nerevarine would appear right when it happens, but he's too late,)... and then a shadow of mortal Vehk is left behind when Vivec disappears, and starts jibbering madness (Sheogorath could be heard laughing in the background, maybe), and maybe he tries to kill the Nerevarine as he did to Nerevar? (Or, perhaps... read chapter 13 of Mote's Mortal Life of Vivec... where Nerevar wants an answer as to why Vehk attacked him, but Vivec stole all the answers... with Vivec gone, Vehk can finally answer it, to the Nerevarine? (Or, you can be an ass and banish Vehk's shadow and things never get set right... perhaps with Hopesfire (which would be hidden away either in vaults underneath High Fane or in some remote ruin off the coast of Vvardenfell)?))

After that, Morrowind's in even greater chaos, and you've got all sorts of factions trying to gain control of Morrowind... traditionalism becomes greater, as everyone would be pissed off at finding out Vivec had been purposefully helping the Empire (so the people no longer love Vivec, and therefore a certain giant floating rock will crash down on a certain city in a certain location) just for the sake of helping it (he said "The time of the Empire has come!"... but maybe I misinterpretated it)... Helseth surely wants to take advantage of the situation... and House Dagoth could surely fit in somewhere. Perhaps indirectly aiding the traditionalists? There, now you've got a way for House Dagoth to regain long-lost acceptance.

That would make the Great House War main quest begin AFTER the Last Days of the Temple main quest. Though, you should be able to set/alter the stage before the conclusion to the Temple main quest.
you've got some good ideas... (and I have been reading all of Mote's work, he is awesome! I asked if he wanted to donate it to our mod but he said nah, Sad) ... tis a shame indeed, true that....

what you say in interesting... give me awhile before I really respond....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22