Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Vvardenfell's Main quest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
I think it would've been cool to have to go to Coldharbour and bring Vivec back, but, um... getting there is one thing, but getting BACK is quite another. Oh well.

Unless you get Divayth to tell you about that secret portal to Oblivion that some Telvanni mage created a long time ago. (It's mentioned in the book "The Doors of Oblivion"... but Divayth apparently doesn't have a very good stance on the Tribunal after he deduced things about them after the letters he sent to and received from his old friend, Sotha Sil.)

We should also try to tie Barilzar's Mazed Band in with all this. The House of Troubles would just LOVE to get their hands on that ring.

But, um... all that might be a bit too much. And, unless we put some serious thought into making the House Dagoth questline extremely epic, there won't be much of a point to making the Sixth House joinable.
Axen, I copy part of my post above [with clarifications edited in] for your consideration:
Quote:As stated Cuthalion, a sacrifice by 6th House rebels would be sufficient to buy the lives of 6th House children - remember that previously the surviving infants were subsumed into the other Houses, so there is precedent.

Trouble was that Dagoth Ur used His 'God-Power' to locate them, invade their minds and turn them to his cause. So maybe there will be those who will be inclined to clemency as the 'heirs of the 6th House were given very little choice about their loyalties.

Try a NEW Solution: The rebel 6th House Elders sacrifice themselves in some important endeavour to buy the children a new House Name and Identity. this might be a 'minor' House technically under the patronage of one of the weaker Great Houses that need allies... and numbers. On the understanding that eventually the children would be free to decide the future of their new House for themselves, having worked off any debts incurred... Thus leaving the stage open, and a possible acquisition by the player of his own Minor House - with not only the opportunity to build a Stronghold, new Town or village, but also a name for his new House...

What would have to be considered carefully would be how to mod this satisfyingly without actually including the children themselves? Well, the Adult carers of the Children would be there preparing the stronghold and settlement while the Children were 'temporarily' at an unspecified 'hidden location.'

At intervals it might be that some of the older 'Children' would have birthdays, and gain majority, at which point they might arrive, one by one at their new settlement. Under threat on their journey to their new home they need the player to intervene to save them from various assassination attempts, and plots designed to waylay and abuse them generally...
Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
Axen, I copy part of my post above [with clarifications edited in] for your consideration:
Quote:As stated Cuthalion, a sacrifice by 6th House rebels would be sufficient to buy the lives of 6th House children - remember that previously the surviving infants were subsumed into the other Houses, so there is precedent.

Trouble was that Dagoth Ur used His 'God-Power' to locate them, invade their minds and turn them to his cause. So maybe there will be those who will be inclined to clemency as the 'heirs of the 6th House were given very little choice about their loyalties.

Try a NEW Solution: The rebel 6th House Elders sacrifice themselves in some important endeavour to buy the children a new House Name and Identity. this might be a 'minor' House technically under the patronage of one of the weaker Great Houses that need allies... and numbers. On the understanding that eventually the children would be free to decide the future of their new House for themselves, having worked off any debts incurred... Thus leaving the stage open, and a possible acquisition by the player of his own Minor House - with not only the opportunity to build a Stronghold, new Town or village, but also a name for his new House...

What would have to be considered carefully would be how to mod this satisfyingly without actually including the children themselves? Well, the Adult carers of the Children would be there preparing the stronghold and settlement while the Children were 'temporarily' at an unspecified 'hidden location.'

At intervals it might be that some of the older 'Children' would have birthdays, and gain majority, at which point they might arrive, one by one at their new settlement. Under threat on their journey to their new home they need the player to intervene to save them from various assassination attempts, and plots designed to waylay and abuse them generally...
very very intriguing...
Quote:Originally posted by raggidman

I did consider that, and I still think that doesn't sound like something House Dagoth would do. If it was, then they wouldn't even bother with all those past uprisings.
Quote:Originally posted by horodnicdragos
Hm...I wonder if we can make a main quest for Vardenfell.To go to Caius Cosades?Hmmm.....neh...I think OB is much more later after nerevar.

didnt caius cosades move out of vvenderfell in the main quest of morrowind?

me, i personally think it should go more like the televani are kinda havin a hard time closing the oblivion gates and that even if you finish oblivion's main quest, morrowind is getting it's butt handed to themselves by the daedra.... i dunno mabe vivec (if hes still alive, assuming that the N-man didn't kill him, or his ex followers didnt kill him after the collapse of the tribunal temple...) can't handle the situation and gets exhiled or killed... also... i don't reccomend putting the N-man in the mod.... it wouldnt make sense with the lore... in oblivion it said he went to hammerfell and hasnt been seen again....
Quote:Originally posted by wraith
Hm...I wonder if we can make a main quest for Vardenfell.To go to Caius Cosades?Hmmm.....neh...I think OB is much more later after nerevar.

didn't caius cosades move out of vvenderfell in the main quest of morrowind?
Yeah, but you can't find him in TES4 (even though he was recalled to the Imperial City), so it's possible that he went back to Vvardenfell. And TES4 is only 6 years after TES3.
Quote:Originally posted by Axen

Yeah, but you can't find him in TES4 (even though he was recalled to the Imperial City), so it's possible that he went back to Vvardenfell. And TES4 is only 6 years after TES3.

i thought it was 10 years after.... not 6...

I thought it was 10 years after.... not 6...
It's 6. Check the starting year of TES3, and then check the starting year of TES4.

I thought it was 10 years after.... not 6...
It's 6. Check the starting year of TES3, and then check the starting year of TES4.

good point... i guess i was thinking how long morrowind was after daggerfall... to quote homer simpson "D'OH".
Axen
Quote:I did consider that, and I still think that doesn't sound like something House Dagoth would do. If it was, then they wouldn't even bother with all those past uprisings.

In response I suggest you re-read the books on the recruitment of the children/descendants of those children who were adopted by other Houses following their defeat at REd Mountain. the one with the brother, sister and the nanny?

You will note that they did not get hyper until Dagoth Ur got into their heads, and he was not playing according to the Geneva Convention or the Universal Declaration of Human Rights - well let's be fair, he was probably a proto Thatcherite...

The youngsters had NO Choice...the behaviour they displayed after Ur had control of them was 100% Dagoth Ur, mixed with the remnants of their souls...he reprogrammed them - even the Daedra loathed and feared him! He was a mad, twisted Pseudo-God-Thing - which is why some suicidally violent fans adore emulating him probs...

It has to be so, as no one in his sane mind would want to look like an Ascendant, or any other of the Blighted Sleepers...

If you simply dismiss all hope, then you emulate him... try it for real... Confusedhrug: And you do so for the entire population of Morrowind too... maybe you are taking the negative propaganda too much to heart and missing all the wonderful possibilities that the positive stuff offers. After all if you did not believe in yourself how could you create anything?

On the other hand the possibility of Redemption is far more powerful...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22