Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Vvardenfell's Main quest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
You're still not realizing all of House Dagoth's past.
the point is, there has to be an invasion of such dangerous proportions and the 6th House being able to protect Morrowind from it, to convince the other Dunmer that the Dagoths aren;t so bad afterall...

when is that gonna happen?
I think never, unless Akavir attacks or Cyrodiil, Skyrim, and Argonia all attack at once assisted by navies from other provinces; only in such an extreme cases of invasion would the Dunmer fully reconcile with each other let alone their biggest pariah and hated group... the 6th House
Let's think of ways for the player to still be able to go around in society as a member of House Dagoth. Making House Dagoth itself accepted isn't going to work, so let's just focus on the player.
I have an ideas....
for the Last days of the Temple stuff...

[/hr]
so the Temple...
Atronach Cult
Vivec was kidnapped by an Atronach Cult. This Cult was "hired" by members of the Four Corners of the House of Troubles to kidnap Vivec and and hold him prisoner. In particular, Molag Bal has a special interest in causing Vivek pain. However, the Atronach Cult is whimsical, and will not necessarily follow the Princes as they have their own Monarchs. So you can cut a deal with them and help them escape the wrath of the House of Troubles, or kill them all and free Vivec.

after Vivec is freed... he resolves to set the Temple on the right path before it is too late....

(these will be reflected in dialogue as well as quests)
Temple Reforms
Ancestral Tombs are now no longer taboo'd and new Saints added, more triloths erected and enchanted and the Tribunal reduced to Sainthood and worship of the Three Good Daedra is encouraged as well as more ancestor worship. The Priesthood is paid less now and the Anticipations (3 good daedra) worshipping priests are welcomed into the Tribunal Temple.
Political/social Status
The Ashlanders are no longer "outlaws". Funds are donated to the Redoran and Indoril as well as smaller donations to Dres and Hlaalu and Telvanni as good will. Every town with a Temple recieves a small donation.
Ordinators
Vivec orders half of the thousands of Ordinators to go home and tend to their Great House Indoril. The quarter on Vvardenfell ar still active but the only remaining ones on the mainland are the Order of the Watch to protect temples and shrines. The Order of Inquisition has been reformed throughout Morrowind and in Vvardenfell. The inquisitors who did not travel to Vvardenfell to keep their old jobs were encouraged to be local vigiliantes, and help local guards stamp out heretics. The ones on Vvardenfell continue their more extreme tactics but are very closely balanced by the Order of Doctrine and Ordination. The Order of War is now fully mobilized on Vvardenfell but disbanded in all other mainland areas and to return to their Indoril lands. They now all swear an oath to Vivec to follow his orders no matter what (they did get outof hand a few years ago).

Vivec gathers his legendary tokens, his silver longsword, his ebony spear, his spiked buckler, his ash-mask, etc.

Anti-Cult Campaign
The Lord Vivec gathers the Vvardenfell Ordinators and has them besiege every Daedric Shrine. Smaller ones are simply being surrounded on the surface by Ordinators but not yet broken into. The larger ones are assaulted. Indoranyon, Bal Ur, Ald Daedroth, and Zergonipal will not fall, and these four HQs of the House of Troubles are undefeated bu unable to break the siege. The leader of the House of the Troubles cult, a Dremora Lord (Kash-ti Dhrur?), is held hostage by Vivec in an assault into Oblivion. Thus the Dremora Lord agrees to a pact, the House of Troubles Cult will declare ceas-fire with Vivec. The Dremora Lord also has a small group o Dremoras guard Vivec out of good will.

now Vivec seeks to make friends of old enemies....

Anti-Molag Bal Campaign
Molag Bal, seeing his hostage escape, and even weaken his Mer and Men followers on Vvardenfell call to his old followers, the dreugh, to attack. You and Vivec as well the Armigers and Dreora bodyguards will travel and thwart the Dreugh. Gnisis will be attacked and the Dreugh will bring a ghost of a Dunmer child, his name is Koal. Once Koal is "killed" he will pardon Vivec and Vivec will pardon him and the dreugh scatter.
The Dreugh then attack Molag Mar and Vivec leads the Ordinators and Armigers to crush them. There the Dreugh bring another ghost, a way-ward shaman of Molag Bal (who also once wore the Ruddy Man). Once he is defeated they scatter.
Then finally the Dreugh attack Vivec City itself. In a huge battle, canton to canton, the Dreugh advance on the Palace. Then Vivec and the Ordinators and Armigers make a brave last stand at the High Fane. Daedroths join the Dreugh. However, then a Dreugh Shaman appears and is about to kill Vivec, he is paralyzed and the others are killed. Vivec and the Dreugh make a bargain to a cease-fire and Vivec says he will stop his campaign and aid the Dreugh someday should they stop fighting the Dunmer. They agree.

Vivec now turns his attention to the 6th House....

[/hr]

just a few ideas...
Maybe Dregas Volar should make an appearance as well, with another Daedric Crescent.
Quote:Originally posted by Axen
Maybe Dregas Volar should make an appearance as well, with another Daedric Crescent.
maybe... I know Anhaedra, Krazzt, and Kash-ti DHrur will be back...
Anhaedra for the win. "When I'm done with you, I'll rape your corpse. Don't worry, I'll be gentle."
< I rest my 6th House case >
As stated Cuthalion, a sacrifice by 6th House rebels would be sufficient to buy the lives of 6th House children - remember that previously the surviving infants were subsumed into the other Houses, so there is precedent.

Trubble is that Dagoth Ur used His 'God-Power' to locate hem, invade their minds and turn them to his cause. So maybe there will be those who will be inclined to clemency.

Try a NEW Solution: The rebel 6th House Elders sacrifice themselves in some important endeavour to buy the children a new House Name and Identity. this might be a 'minor' House technically under the patronage of one of the weaker Great Houses that need allies... and numbers. On the understanding that eventually the children would be free to decide the future of their new House for themselves... having worked off any debts incurred... Thus leaving the stage open, and a possible acquisition by the player of his own minor House - with not only the opportunity to build a stronghold, but also a name for his new House...

What would have to be considered carefully would be how to mod this satisfyingly without actually including the children themselves? Well, the Adult carers of the children would be there preparing the stronghold and settlement while the children were 'temporarily' at an unspecified 'hidden location.'

At intervals it might be that some of the older 'children' would have birthdays, and gain majority, at which point they might arrive, one by one at their new settlement - but under threat on their journey - requiring the player to intervene in various assassination attempts, and plots to waylay and abuse them generally...

KKA I see you hav addressed the question of Vivec's disappearance. This is a brave stance because Bethsoft may well include more Lore on him in any expansions, and most certainly in TES+ . so your courage is to be survived! Still, I believe you have to address his circumstance in some way, and it is reasonable to suggest that with the breakdown in the Empire's organisation news may well be innaccurate.

It is likely that Beth has fewer plans for the Nerevarine for obvious reasons. According to what I have been told of the new Lore they have both disapppeared. With the Nerevarine, as we have all played him/her it would be plain invasive to mod him/her directly - you would have to upset either those who played him as a girl or those who played her as a bloke. So personal appearances are not positive. If you do this then you are likely to find yourself caught coming and going. But that is not to say that you cannot have lore and messages to or from the Nerevarine! To do that you will have to be very careful about the lore surrounding ...

re the Witchhunters, I think you have a great idea in the besieging of the shrines - and the withhunters and the Ordinators might well work together on this, with the Redoran and Indoril Ordinators and Witchunters remaining Ordinators and Witchunters to do this, at the expense of Redoran and Indoril = which might go a long way to explain the probs they have financially.

The Ordinators and Witchunters from the other Great Houses return to their Houses to take up their normal place in society, thus swelling their available workpool and military strength, and go some way to explain the comparative rise of Hlaalu (without the support of the Emperor?) and Dres (who have had their Slave Trade decimated?)

You are getting there, but still have to account for the Dissident Priests... I assume they were absorbed back into the Temple - the question is how... that could be very important. Is the Nerevarine closely connected with the Dissident Priests, were they to remain independant anyway, maybe founding their own order within the Temple? what?

The Nerevarine must be accounted for as this is Nerevarine Territory. But as stated above is going to be impossible to satisfactorily represent directly, so there are still issues to be considered. He/she disappeared, why? how?

What became of the Nerevarine's attachments and control of various guilds and so forth? This requires a powerful storeyline = book or letters or...

Did the Nerevarine remain an Ashlander? I think yes.

Did the Nerevarine leave the Great House he joined? I think yes

What of the various Guilds? Well maybe they received a letter purportedly from the Nerevarine that tell of a decision to go into seclusion to 'attend to personal matters' and there are quest possibilities in discovering what actually happened? Maybe tying into the 'new lore' in some way? Maybe the Nerevarine was also kidnapped, or travellled to other planes??? as did Yagrum Bagrum.

But once these issues are resolved to some degree the possibility of assistance and intervention from the Nerevarine becomes a possiblilty so long as he/she is never directly seen.

Once you have arrived at a point where you believe you have sorted all this I suggest that either you create a Lit section of your own, or make use of the main ST Lit Dev (where you are always welcome) to commission Lore Books. Rather like a claim for a town property = you give the quote from discussion, or set out the foundation anew for each essential piece of Lore in a separate Thread and open each Thread to be claimed by whoever wants to try creating the actual document. This lets others in to try their hand at this kind of stuff, and allows you to direct the general trend so that it all hangs together and arrives at a point where everything has its place and purpose...however contadictory it may appears...

Most importantly you will then get actual documents produced... With Lit and Lore the debates can still rage on natch, and some or much of the material you commission will then be contradicted by other events - not to worry - they could be forgeries, abandoned policy, refuted philosophy - but that is not to say that they are not true! Wink

fiendishly yours,
rm
Though, it's highly likely the Nerevarine IS on Akavir. The Akaviri would likely invade as the Empire is crumbling and the Septim bloodline ended, and the Tribunal are powerless now.

And Raggidman, House Dagoth is very proud, arrogant, and they will never submit. They're just not going to get rid of their identity.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22