Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Tobi's Imperial Fort Set Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Actually, I've decided against the havok. Originally I was going to have a string of bones for each rope, which would be perfect for creating a rope style collision. I've since decided that I'll animate both ropes with the same string of bones, which means no collision, but also half as many bones/animated objects, so it should be lighter for computers.
Sounds like a good idea. I don't want this fort set to turn into something similar to Crysis, looks nice but no one can run it.
Plaza pieces are done.
http://picasaweb.google.dk/TTaastroem/Po...6567098546

It's made up of 5 different pieces, two stair corners, a stair mid, a side and a center.

The whole exterior piece set is almost done, I just need some battlements and a door or something like that.

I'll see if I can speed the process up here at the finishing line. I hope to release this set quite soon.
Tobi, I just looked over doing the animation for the drawbridge. At the moment the path the ropes take and the position they are attached to the drawbridge don't match up. This is because the ropes have to go through the 'holes' in the gate as they retract.

Would you mind me repositioning the 'holes' so it all matches up better?
Sorry to butt in here, nick_op. Please consider the above question as well!

I just thought I'd mention this mod: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=19686 in connection with the previous suggestion of siege equipment.
I know of that mod, that trebuchet looks really nice. I may make one someday, but proberly not release it then.
I was thinking battering rams, scorpions and stuff that you can use while attacking but also stuff you can use to defend your castle, like burning logs, boiling oil, big box of rocks etc.

I'll see what I can do about that drawbridge. Are you using pathdeform? Because I'm having problems with that one too, it just won't obey me.
Quote:Originally posted by Tobi the Dane
I know of that mod, that trebuchet looks really nice. I may make one someday, but proberly not release it then.
I was thinking battering rams, scorpions and stuff that you can use while attacking but also stuff you can use to defend your castle, like burning logs, boiling oil, big box of rocks etc.

I'll see what I can do about that drawbridge. Are you using pathdeform? Because I'm having problems with that one too, it just won't obey me.
It probably wouldn't be too tricky getting all of the defensive siege equipment to function as traps (logs and rocks, anyway, burning oil would be too tricky).

I'll make the changes to the drawbridge and post them here so you can see what I mean.
Quote:Originally posted by Tobi the Dane

I'll see if I can speed the process up here at the finishing line. I hope to release this set quite soon.
From what I saw it looks amazing. :goodjob:

I am looking forward to use the new tileset for Steadhelm. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by sandor
I am looking foward to use the new tileset for Steadhelm. Smile

Hmmm, it might be worth coming out of 'modders retirement', in that case.

btw, the siege stuff sounds great. I wondered if something like a trebuchet would actually work. I guess you'd use similar methods for creating spells or something in order to get it to fire a ball of fire and stuff....but, to be honest, what you suggest sounds far more do-able and would help to make the fighting more interesting, which is something that's always concerned me about Oblivion.
I'm sure you could get something like a trebuchet to "work"
You could animate it and make it throw a rock into the air.
But I don't think the rock is gonna be able to kill something. But it could look really cool.

Imagine this:
You have to destroy a seige tower using this trebuchet. So you activate a switch on this Trebuchet and it hurls a rock through the air. In the distance you can see the seige tower getting hit and destroyed.
(no ragdolls or anyone getting killed. Because technicly I think that would be a bitch. But two very cool looking animations could sell the deal. )
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31