Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Tobi's Imperial Fort Set Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Quote:Originally posted by Tobi the Dane
Yep, I will be doing the interriors as well.
I will be spend a little time playing Thief, since the other day I found some stuff which could easily turn into some stealth enhancing setpieces. Maybe I could find some more

Cool. Big Grin

We can't use stuff from other games though. Stuff from other mod scenes are totally ok, if they give permission in their readme's, but from commercial games? They'd come down on us like a ton of bricks and haul my ass of to jail in a heartbeat, hehe. But I'm sure I misunderstood you. Smile
No I won't steal them, that would be a little to ironic Tongue
I'll just borrow the idea.
I'll make it from scratch, I was merely looking into Thief for inspiration Smile

It's just a regular wall piece, except there there's a statue with enough room to crawl behind and hide, unless the guards catch you anyway, because they only have to catch a glimpse of you, and they will haunt you to the end of your days, and you cannot escape...at least that how oblivion works by default.
I was surprised when I read it, so I was halfway sure I misunderstood what you wrote. But in case I hadn't I wanted to make sure you knew before you had theoretically spent a great deal of time converting such models.

I like your idea a lot :goodjob:
Stairs are done, will post screenshot later.

Here is some stairs and a rounded corner:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c280/T...Shot35.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c280/T...Shot36.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c280/T...Shot37.jpg

Edit:
hmm, I just noticed some texture bug in the second screenshot. Shouldn't be to had to fix, it happens all the time. Stuff like that happens when I try to mirror my stuff. so I can't mirror anything, either i have to put a symmetry modifier on, or export the whole thing and import it again(I can't even remember if that one works.)

edit2:
fixed the bug
Tobi, this looks great! I can't wait to see this set put to use, I've been waiting to finish Ebonheart for a long time!
Hey, can I make a quick request? ex_imp_plaza, the imperial plaza piece that was used at the ebonheart docks? The Vv project would be ever-so-grateful. Big Grin
sure, I'll make it tomorrow. Smile
Cool pics!
cire -> okay, the plaza platform took a little bit longer than expected. I didn't think the Witcher was THAT AWESOME! plus I had to see my friends before school starts again.

But now it's almost done, I just need to texture it and make a collision mesh.
Thanks Tobi, I appreciate it. :goodjob:
Zarf never finished the plaza in his set, and it kind of stopped me dead on Ebonheart, as you can see. Smile
The pieces zarf made worked great, but a full tileset would be best. Your tileset's looking great, Tobi, to the point where I'm honestly looking forward to restarting Ebonheart from scratch again!

Oh, by the way, would you say the Witcher is worth its pricetag? I'm intrigued now.
Let me put it this way. The Witcher is the best game I've played. It may suffer a little from a few bugs here and there.
But I have never experienced a story/stories as in the witcher.
Your actions have consequences, either for good or bad, but is up to you to decide what's good and what's bad. There is no good or evil, only actions and consequences.
It's also a very mature game, it's not candy-ponies-rainbows-everyone is happy kindda game.
This game forces you to make moral choices, it's really cool.

Morrowind have long stayed as my favorite game ever, but it had been surpassed by the witcher, only because the witcher tells it's story is such a cool way.
Also the music is amazing. That combat system is fun too (but I think that's a matter of taste. I like it)

in short: Get it, NOW!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

A note on the plaza thing. I've decided to cut it into pieces, and make a total of 5 pieces. 2 corners, two sides (one with stairs on it) and a center.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31